FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick Question, are there any major changes to the Utd players' stats or anything of note in the 8.0.2 patch? I'm just wondering because i'm only a dozen games or so into my new Utd game and i'm thinking should i continue or start ANOTHER new man u game before i get too far into this current one?

Wooo!! At long last the patch is out and I can start a long term game with United again. I just signed Thiago and Sakho. Saivet did not want to join unfortunately. It seems difficult to get a decent striker with the poor budget available. Any1 got any recommendations for a striker? I got around 9m to spend.

Sabbirr. Thanks very much for the advice. Can you tell me if that is with or without patches as ive heard they make some difference to what works well.

My starting 11 would be this

enyeama/foster

ratinha

evans

ferdinand

evra

ronaldo / barnes

veloso/hargrieves/ johnson

moutino/ carrick/ anderson

menez/ dos santos

rooney/ fred

berbatov/ defoe

A strong lineup im sure you will agree, and thats not to mention a few other good young squad players

I'll give your tactics a try now and let you know how i get on. Thanks again

Hahahaha that is brilliant Shanksie. I learned my lesson when I sold him on my first save back on version 8.0.0. Struggled to find a replacement as good as him.

Just finished pre season and I signed Jimmy Briand. Scored 2 against Chelsea in the Community Shield. Beat them 5-1 icon_biggrin.gif and also beat Derby in the first EPL game 6-0 with a Briand and Ronaldo brace. I must say that Ronaldo seems to be better on 8.0.2, or maybe it's just me.

Just started up a new game on the new patch.

Heres my progress so far.

Transfers In/Out

I bought two first team players, Amauri and Marcelo who have been doing well.I brought in a lot of players for the future and have Lulinha and Alessandro Tuia coming in at the end of next season.

Staff In/Out

I also brought in some new coaches.

Tactic

This is the tactic I will be using and a lot of players like Owen Hargreaves and Louis Saha are coming back from injury while the likes of Gary Neville and Ben Foster are still injured.

Any comments/advice greatly appreciated.

baz1-Your tactic is uncannily similar to mine, except I have a farrow for the MC to go to AMC. I'm sure you'll do really well.

BTW how did you sell Fletcher for 13.75m? I've never been able to sell him for more than 7m.

Originally posted by ALTE:

Sabbirr. Thanks very much for the advice. Can you tell me if that is with or without patches as ive heard they make some difference to what works well.

My starting 11 would be this

enyeama/foster

ratinha

evans

ferdinand

evra

ronaldo / barnes

veloso/hargrieves/ johnson

moutino/ carrick/ anderson

menez/ dos santos

rooney/ fred

berbatov/ defoe

A strong lineup im sure you will agree, and thats not to mention a few other good young squad players

I'll give your tactics a try now and let you know how i get on. Thanks again

Hi ALTE. That team looks really good, but would have to ask where is Pique/Tevez/Nani?

I am currently playing this on the first patch which comes with the game. This tactic has worked for me in FM06 & FM07 and is still working for right now as i am playing my friends who are Arsenal & Chelsea and i think he has patch 7.0.1 on his machine. Still top of the table by 6 points and have only lost 1 game this season and am at the beginning of March!. Hopefully still got enough in the tank to win the league.

I have found (only through my own experience) out that if you are playing someone and you creat a winning tactic, they start to drop points, but if they adjust there Tactic, the same would happen to you, so i suggest you keep an eye on your mates tactic and try to repel his by making very slight changes i.e. either by going wider or slowing it down a bit. icon_wink.gif Let me know how you get on mate. icon14.gif

Originally posted by xto8:

baz1-Your tactic is uncannily similar to mine, except I have a farrow for the MC to go to AMC. I'm sure you'll do really well.

BTW how did you sell Fletcher for 13.75m? I've never been able to sell him for more than 7m.

First I transfer listed him and then I set his status to not needed by club, unavailable for loan and set asking price to 0.

Then I offered him out to clubs for 0.

Reject all these offers, they are only to get clubs interested.Then I offered him out to clubs with the amount I wanted in monthly installments over 24 months.

I started out at 20 million and lowered my demands and then teams started bidding.

Hope this helps icon14.gif

Just start a new season with 8.0.2 patch.. And i have played 1 community shield and 3 premier league game. I found out that... my defenders have became goal machine already ...

Vidic - 4 Goals

Ferdinand - 3 Goals

Wayne Rooney - 2 Goals

Anderson - 2 Goals

Tevez - 1 Goals

Ryan Giggs - 1 Goals

If you think that is too fake. There's more I can't believe. Ryan Giggs 6 assists in 4 games. But all 6 is Goals From Corners... icon_eek.gif One more goals from ferdinand is Long shot icon_eek.gif

It seems like SI really fixed the attacking corners using "near post" which made my defender easily to head to goals.

Yeah I agree that corners seem real easy to get goals. Vidic was top scorer in my pre seaon and now at the start of October he is my 3rd highest goalscorer! I couldn't even get him to score 2 in 1 whole season before this.

I actually use near post flick on for Wes Brown. I use challenge GK for Vidic and Ferdinand has attack near post. Vidic is always scoring from corners and if he doesn't, another player in the box will pounce on the rebound. I set my corner delivery to penalty area for both sides.

Well... Before the "attack near post" has been fixed. I always set the best header (normally is vidic) as Challange goalkeeper because the attack near post has bug. So normally before the patch the defender who is scoring is always the one who is challenging goalkeeper. Now it has been fixed so the chances of getting goals from corners have been doubled.

Manucho seems like a decent EPL player, good for the Birminghams and Sunderlands of this world. I could be wrong though, looking at his stats from his performances for Panathinaikos, he looks like he would rip apart any defence. He scored 10 in 4 games for them in the league and got 2 10 match ratings in a row. The one to be looking out for is Danny Welback. He is destroying the opposition game after game with 17 goals in 19 appearances, some appearances from Reserves matches. Not hard to believe since his PA is -9.

I have noticed that in the new patch Tevez is actually happy at the club and not "happy with current conditions". Does that mean that SI has finally realized that he is not as bad as they made him before and increase his professionalism attribute?

Cheers.

Just got the patch today and have the weekend off, so i'm now in the process of starting a long term Man Utd save. It seems Ronaldo has had his stats mauled but they should go up in time with playing and decent training.

Any basic tips to start off, i'm looking at Miguel Veluso and Benzema should i be able to raise the funds.

Anyone had Luka Modric, preferebly a couple of season in?

Well, I've just started my new season, about 6 games in.

I'm having trouble score goals and letting quite a few in.

Like I'm winning games like 4-3.

This is my current squad:

manucurrent squadoct08ca6.jpg

I know I need a new RB but I want to use Danny Simpson since he's homegrown and he'll turn out to be good.

The only decent signing I've brought in is Matias Fernandez. As well as bring in the usual quality youngsters (Saivet, Fleck, Sahko etc). I've got Gai Assulin coming from Barcelona in the January transfer window.

Who should I sell and buy in January and summer '08?

- http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unitedsquadpi8.jpg

I decided to use the small bidget given at the beginning of the season to invest for years ahead, a lot of top quality youngsters brought in, there's a lot of them i brought in i can't wait to develop and bleed into the first team.

My only "big" signing has been agreed, Real Madrid attacking full back Marcelo, i had to take advantage of his £5.5m release clause. I know i have Evra, but i will alternate between them aswell as playing Marcelo as as winger when Giggs gets tired.

Manuel Neuer & Hugo Lloris are star world class keepers in the waiting, i reckon i'm gonna make a move for Neuer come the summer, depending on my budget.

How do the finances work out, in terms of what you get to play with?

Well I am not bored yet, went down 1-0 to Chelsea, then came back 1-2, then 2-2 and Briand managed to score in the 81st minute to get me all 3 points. First defeat at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea as well.

I kinda feel bad that I sold Fletcher after watching his performance last night. At least I got a good 13.5m out of him to get someone else better.

Originally posted by ausmichaelz:

Is anyone else getting bored ? 2-0 down against Chelsea and suddenly Vidic produces a hattrick. Too unrealistic for me. He's top scorer with 14 goals. Double of the 2nd top goalscorer which is Ronaldo on 8. He scored 3 hattricks already. Haven't lost a game yet.

That's precisely why I'm never going to get the new patch. It's ridiculous and so are the stats. I don't think it's to do with the database, it's probably only the game coding.

Archived