FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

****!

I just lost Ronaldo for 4 months due to injury, Its only October and i really don't see Nani being able to fill in.

With no money to spend in the January transfer window i reckon the second half of the season is gona be a sturggle.

8 games in to the season, 8 wins. No idea how long i'll be able to hold this type of form, espically with Rooney being my only scoring striker, Tevez & Bojan really aren't firing.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by CP Munk:

****!

I just lost Ronaldo for 4 months due to injury, Its only October and i really don't see Nani being able to fill in.

With no money to spend in the January transfer window i reckon the second half of the season is gona be a sturggle.

8 games in to the season, 8 wins. No idea how long i'll be able to hold this type of form, espically with Rooney being my only scoring striker, Tevez & Bojan really aren't firing.

Well, you could use Saha when he's back from injury. He has been scoring alot of goals for me and I only played him in the Carling Cup. I managed to get to the final of the Carling Cup with my 2nd string side. Beat Liverpool and Chelsea en route. Can't believe that my chairman accepted a 10m bid from Milan for Pique. Could have gotten ALOT more if it wasn't for the stupid chairman. Now I only got Sakho for the future, need to get more once transfer window reopens in the summer.

quick reply needed

In Aug of 2011 on 8.0.1 patch. Just sold Ronaldo for 38mill over 2 years plus Ishmael Issanti. Have Issanti, Nani, Mihlec and Farfan but need to get a great winger in.

Who should I get. Money is no option. Is Messi worth it, if not who else?

Originally posted by General 75:

Just started a new game and i've got £14m for back up for Rooney and Tevez.

Any ideas.

Try Bojan on loan from Barca and save your money. You could then arrange the transfer of Adriano for about 6m when his loan conract expires at the end of the season

Originally posted by General 75:

Any ideas.

You can't go wrong with Amauri for 7 million.I bought him for that in my first season and now in my second season hes worth over 20 million and he got 45 goals for me last year.

Originally posted by baz1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by General 75:

Any ideas.

You can't go wrong with Amauri for 7 million.I bought him for that in my first season and now in my second season hes worth over 20 million and he got 45 goals for me last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm baffled at how you managed that.... they are rejecting 10m bids from me =(

I'm sure the Vidic corner settings have been posted a page or two back.

Vidic - Challenge GK

Ferdinand - Attack Near Post

Tevez - Attack Far Post

Brown - Attack from deep

Ronaldo - Attack from deep

Rooney - Outside of box

Scholes - Outside of box

Make your best Corner taker as your Corner taker which in this case is Giggs.

Set Corner settings to 6 Yard Box in Team Instructions for both sides.

Vidic scores hattricks.

Ps. If you still need a backup striker I'd go with Kevin Kuranyi. His rating isn't awesome, but he's got heading ability that rivals Vidic :p easily gets a few goals on corners and is a very good team player and will do awesome through passes. He's golden, 12m I reckon would be enough.

Also thanks for the corner settings appreciate it icon_smile.gif

I've had like.... 20 corners or something. But no goals..

Vidic has been poor in the air really.. Always losing out to another defender or losing out to the goal keeper, he just doesn't win challenges.

Acctually he's had 1 header that has been on target, but Cech easily caught it....

Originally posted by Canabary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baz1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by General 75:

Any ideas.

You can't go wrong with Amauri for 7 million.I bought him for that in my first season and now in my second season hes worth over 20 million and he got 45 goals for me last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm baffled at how you managed that.... they are rejecting 10m bids from me =( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just bid 6.75 million on the first day of the season and they accepted.

i have sold £21 mils worth of players including, fletcher £7.5, silvestre £6.25, saha £6.5, and some youngsters, but loaning out mojority...

i have bought...

Christian Pander (Weder Bremen DL £3.8)

Rodrigo Palacio (Boca ST £9)

Chico (Athetico Parenese DR,MR,DM £450k)

Wang Dalei (Shenhua GK £50k)

Julio Cesear (Corinthains GK £140k)

Lewis Stevenson (Hibernian DL,ML,DM £1.4)

Stewart Downing (M'boro ML £14)

Goran Pandev (Lazio AMC,ST £13.5)

Julio Baptista (R. Madrid DM,AMC,ST £20.5)

Mauro Zarate (Al-Sadd St £3)

most was just for depth, and my firt 11 looks like this...

GK Van Der Sar --- Kuscack

DL Pander --- Evra --- Simpson

DR Neville --- Brown --- Simpson

DC Ferdinand --- Evans

DC Vidic --- Pique

DM Carrick --- Hargreaves --- Baptista

A/CM Tevez --- Rooney --- Baptista --- Pandev

A/LM Giggs --- Downing --- Martin

A/RM Ronaldo --- Nani --- Eagles

ST Zarate --- Tevez --- Palacio

ST Rooney --- Pandev --- Baptista

i rotate, and like to use my youngsters...

Martin and simpson develop really well.

everyone i signed, but isn't listed i bought for future investment

Zarate is top scorer, and Tevez is second.

it all seems to be going well, hope i helped icon_smile.gif

Season 6 going great.In November End, still unbeaten.

I've tried to keep most players from the youth academy. Now, reaping the benefits!!

Here's my team:

GK : Antonio Mirante(signed last season on free from Juventus. has conceded just 6 goals so far this season)/Robert Green/Ben Foster.

RB : Danny Simpson/Wes Brown/Johnn O'Shea.

RCB : Pique/Rio.

LCB : Vidic/Johny Evans/Breno.

LB : Evra/Chris Phillips(from youth academy, sold to Blackburn with a buy back clause then, signed him back after 4 months when checked his PA 0f 189)

CDM : Hargreaves/ David forsyth(regen from southend, PA is 193)

AMC : Ronaldo/Saviet

AMC : Kaka(free transfer)

AMC : Matias Fernandez/Nick Avery(Regen PA 194)

FW : Rooney/Bojan/Saviet.

The front four swap positions, all of'em. Huntelaar's rotting in the reserves. He's brilliant but, others are too brilliant.

I don't use Genie Scout, coz my game was started with original DB. I just scout British countries

for 16-17 yrs. old kids. Sign them an check their PAs on FM Modifier.

Just a fey players on other teams on my save that o not get mentioned here but are World Class players now!

Mark Crosas : CM (Barca Youth)

Marvin Angulo : LWB/AML(Don't know the team but, he's got stats above 17 in all of'em except finishing)

Fabrice Muamba : He's famous here but, now, a World Class CM on my game icon_eek.gif

Cheers!!

How does any one get Amauri to score? I bought him start of 2nd season and he scored 11 in 42games how do you play him with Rooney up front regarding mentality and instructions etc?

Also any one noticed how good the MC`s are in the new patch?

Started a UTD 8.0.2 Game

Ins

Rafinha £10m

Bojan Loan

Dentinho £5m

Out

O'Shea £5M

Fletch £15m

1st Team

GK VDS

LB Evra

CB Vidic

CB Rio

RB Rafinha

CDM Hargo

LAM Nani

CM Anderson

CM Carrick

RAM Ronnie

ST Rooney

My aim is to win 2 of the big 3 trophys (The Prem,FA Cup,Champions League)

Squad

Goalies

VDS

Kuzskzack

Foster

Full Backs

Evra

Rafinha

Neville

Brown

Centre Backs

Vidic

Rio

Pique

Silvestre

Centre Mids

Hargo

Anderson

Carrick

Scholes

Wingers

Ronnie

Nani

Park

Giggs

Strikers

Rooney

Tevez

Bojan

Saha

Welbeck

Dentinho

Originally posted by baz1:

Any ideas.

i'll give him a try then.

dheers.

Just started an 8.0.2 Man UTD game ill post my transfers at the end of the window trust me when i say this there are some interesting buys in there.

Any body had any experience of Guilherme (sp?) from Cruzeiro touted as the next Ronaldo (brazilian one of course)

Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

Season 6 going great.In November End, still unbeaten.

I've tried to keep most players from the youth academy. Now, reaping the benefits!!

Here's my team:

GK : Antonio Mirante(signed last season on free from Juventus. has conceded just 6 goals so far this season)/Robert Green/Ben Foster.

RB : Danny Simpson/Wes Brown/Johnn O'Shea.

RCB : Pique/Rio.

LCB : Vidic/Johny Evans/Breno.

LB : Evra/Chris Phillips(from youth academy, sold to Blackburn with a buy back clause then, signed him back after 4 months when checked his PA 0f 189)

CDM : Hargreaves/ David forsyth(regen from southend, PA is 193)

AMC : Ronaldo/Saviet

AMC : Kaka(free transfer)

AMC : Matias Fernandez/Nick Avery(Regen PA 194)

FW : Rooney/Bojan/Saviet.

The front four swap positions, all of'em. Huntelaar's rotting in the reserves. He's brilliant but, others are too brilliant.

I don't use Genie Scout, coz my game was started with original DB. I just scout British countries

for 16-17 yrs. old kids. Sign them an check their PAs on FM Modifier.

Just a fey players on other teams on my save that o not get mentioned here but are World Class players now!

Mark Crosas : CM (Barca Youth)

Marvin Angulo : LWB/AML(Don't know the team but, he's got stats above 17 in all of'em except finishing)

Fabrice Muamba : He's famous here but, now, a World Class CM on my game icon_eek.gif

Cheers!!

I presume you're on 8.0.1?

I onyl ask as i started my new long term Man Utd save the day after i got the patch, there's a young MC in my under 18's touted as the nest Paul Ince, Sam Hewson, and he looks really, really promising. How's he looking for you?

CP Munk

Well, in April 08, he had just gotten into the first team(bench) when Newcastle bid 500K for him and I had to let him go! He's now become a starter for Newcastle since last 2 seasons. In my view, he's good but not nearly as good as Darren Gibson(Was a mistake letting him go, that too, on a free)

Thus, Hewson can become a good backup. Gibson is a starter in 3 seasons. And he's got influence too icon14.gif

Need a striker for 10 millionish less if we can who can purely score goals and doesnt mind being back up but can force himself into side, was looking at Guilherme but they are asking for about 12 million just outside my budget

Who do you all reccomend??

Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

CP Munk

Well, in April 08, he had just gotten into the first team(bench) when Newcastle bid 500K for him and I had to let him go! He's now become a starter for Newcastle since last 2 seasons. In my view, he's good but not nearly as good as Darren Gibson(Was a mistake letting him go, that too, on a free)

Thus, Hewson can become a good backup. Gibson is a starter in 3 seasons. And he's got influence too icon14.gif

Thanks for the reply, i have Gibson signed up to a new contract and out on loan. Good to know about Hewson, i think i'll keep him and see how he becomes, good back up can come in handy.

Espically if the lack of funds continues.

Guys I need a winger quite badly. My current squad only has Nani and Ronaldo on either side. I sold Park to Newcastle when they bid 9.5m, and Giggs isnt performing well. I'm using Eagles on the right wing when Ronaldo has been injured, but he's not that great either.

Who would you recommend who can play on both the left and right?

And who is this Silva? Whats his full name, I can't find him amongst the other 5000 Silva's in the game.

I've decided to sell vidic for 20mil to Real Madrid and promote Gerard Pique to 1st XI. Now in my 2010/11 season, Pique is definitely my best defender ever. Now waiting for Jonathan Evans to succeed Rio. Can't for these two youngsters to play alongside each other.

Originally posted by gtavicer9:

Guys I need a winger quite badly. My current squad only has Nani and Ronaldo on either side. I sold Park to Newcastle when they bid 9.5m, and Giggs isnt performing well. I'm using Eagles on the right wing when Ronaldo has been injured, but he's not that great either.

And who is this Silva? Whats his full name, I can't find him amongst the other 5000 Silva's in the game.

Not sure of his full name, but he's spanish and plays for valencia.

Originally posted by gtavicer9:

Unfortunatly there's not many who can fill in on both wings that would be good enough. But i know of someone who would be good back up currently and then develop into a top quality winger, Aquino - Spanish AML, you can pick him up for pennies and with the right training and experience as i said he's a great little wide man.

He'll get you a bag full of goals aswell.

I need a tad of help, i've decided my main purchase needs to be a striker come the summer after the first season. Anyone had any good expericence on 8.0.2, i'm thinking Pazzini, Owen or Gyan?

How good does Jonny Evans get on the new patch??

CP Munk

Ive not had any real experience with those three but you will probably have to look for Pace and Finishing because you already have two quality creative players, how much you going to have to spend and who do you have currently?

Originally posted by CP Munk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gtavicer9:

Unfortunatly there's not many who can fill in on both wings that would be good enough. But i know of someone who would be good back up currently and then develop into a top quality winger, Aquino - Spanish AML, you can pick him up for pennies and with the right training and experience as i said he's a great little wide man.

I need a tad of help, i've decided my main purchase needs to be a striker come the summer after the first season. Anyone had any good expericence on 8.0.2, i'm thinking Pazzini, Owen or Gyan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're looking for a pacey foward go for Martins. Although he lacks technical stats he just bangs them in - I played him as a lone striker (with wingers) and he hit 31 in 33 in the league.

Originally posted by Jazzfusion:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CP Munk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gtavicer9:

I need a tad of help, i've decided my main purchase needs to be a striker come the summer after the first season. Anyone had any good expericence on 8.0.2, i'm thinking Pazzini, Owen or Gyan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're looking for a pacey foward go for Martins. Although he lacks technical stats he just bangs them in - I played him as a lone striker (with wingers) and he hit 31 in 33 in the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've actually looked at him several times, and you hit the nail on the head, his technical stats do put me off, espically his finishing and technique.

mocko666

How good does Jonny Evans get on the new patch??

Ive not had any real experience with those three but you will probably have to look for Pace and Finishing because you already have two quality creative players, how much you going to have to spend and who do you have currently?

Evans looks decent, not outstanding but he could definetly be a quality back up centre half. That being said his PA is sitting at 182...

Rooney(top marksman, but you can tell it ain't his best position) - Tevez - Bojan(On loan, not all i had hoped) - Saha & Saviet.

I'm gonna get rid of Saha, dependant on if i get a decent price. It's December, but i can tell i'm gonna have to secure someone in the summer. Haven't got my budget yet for the summer...

I havent really got rooney and Tevez to work well together as they both seem to need the ball at all times at their feet and they both seem to want to set each other up rather than score, that being said in 8 games im unbeaten second behind Arsenal and Tevez has got 5 and Rooney 4.

In the transfer window i signed Andrey Arshavin hoping that despite his description of midfielder i would be able to utilise his pace over the top. Fair to say that hasnt worked well so far though he scored his first goal in the league cup to get the winning goal against West Ham so im just looking to bed him slowly into the team at the min.

Also i hope Jonny Evans turns out to be world class because then ive got three "Wonderkids" (or at least id consider them) in for centre back.

Originally posted by mocko666:

I havent really got rooney and Tevez to work well together as they both seem to need the ball at all times at their feet and they both seem to want to set each other up rather than score, that being said in 8 games im unbeaten second behind Arsenal and Tevez has got 5 and Rooney 4.

In the transfer window i signed Andrey Arshavin hoping that despite his description of midfielder i would be able to utilise his pace over the top. Fair to say that hasnt worked well so far though he scored his first goal in the league cup to get the winning goal against West Ham so im just looking to bed him slowly into the team at the min.

Also i hope Jonny Evans turns out to be world class because then ive got three "Wonderkids" (or at least id consider them) in for centre back.

Don't even start me on Tevez, i'm thinking about putting out feelers for him come the summer, if anyone knows how to get the best from him let me know.

As for Evans, i'm just looking foward to getting him back from Sunderland and into my training schedules on my training facilites, that and bleeding him into the first team will hopefully help him develop into a top Premiership centre back.

Also, due to an injury to Wes Brown i've had to play Danny Simpson, the kids been great, solid at the back aswell and chipping in with 3 assists.

As for Tevez, I played him as one of my 3 AMCs in first season where he swapped position with other AMC(Rooney). Ended up gettin 17 goals and 15 assists in first season before I sold him to Arsenal.

And Jonny Evans is currently my 3rd choice center back in 6th season. He's been bloody awesome whenever I've played him. Can't get into the first team till Vidic gets old!

Just won the Carling Cup and I might be able to get a treble. I am the only 1 of the big four left in the FA Cup and I'm currently 3 points ahead of my nearest rival Liverpool with 6 games to go. Just finished a match against Everton. 2-1 down at half time and came back to win 2-4 with Jimmy Briand scoring all 4 goals and getting a 10 rating. He now has 35 goals in 39 games. Sadly Rooney got injured in that victory, Everton probably wanted revenge on Rooney since he scored in the final minute of stoppage time in the Carling Cup final against them to win it 2-1.

I'm drawn to Real Madrid for the ECC quarter finals and I must say, the quarter finals showcases some intense rivalries. 1.Inter vs Milan. 2. Arsenal vs Chelsea. 3. Man Utd vs Real Madrid. 4. Liverpool vs Barcelona. If only Liverpool would switch with Real Madrid, it would be the best draw for a quarter final.

Just lost Tevez for 4 month and Rooney for a month oh no!! Saha definately cant step up hes shocking and Bojan hasnt scored a single goal since coming in on loan and Arshavin is ineligible for European games which makes it very tough for me to score a goal. Which means it looks like im looking to win games one nil, boring football here we come!!!

Hello, First post on here!

Im united in 2008/2009 on 8.0.2. After a season of tweaking my team has finally clicked (hopefully on for the quad)

---Kameni----

--Diogo------Vidic--------Rio--------Evra

-------------Veloso---Hargreaves--------- -----Ronaldo-----Anderson-----Aguero----- ---------------- Rooney-------------

Van Der Sar

Zalaeta (SP?)

Nani

Tevez

Brown

Kiebling

Banega

I had Aguero, Ronaldo and Rooney all swapping posistions, but it has worked much better when I leave them be.

Aguero is a creative force who gets alot of assists,and ronaldo has 20 goals for me in February. Anderson is simply awesome, the heartbeat of my team.

I had a poor start to the season , but on fire now. I was struggling to match the consistency of Aresnal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Liverpool won the league in the first season, and were very strong at the start of this one but have faded. Im 2nd , 4 points behind Aresnal with a few 10 games to go.

Originally posted by thedonmark:

Hello, First post on here!

Im united in 2008/2009 on 8.0.2. After a season of tweaking my team has finally clicked (hopefully on for the quad)

---Kameni----

--Diogo------Vidic--------Rio--------Evra

-------------Veloso---Hargreaves--------- -----Ronaldo-----Anderson-----Aguero----- ---------------- Rooney-------------

Van Der Sar

Zalaeta (SP?)

Nani

Tevez

Brown

Kiebling

Banega

I had Aguero, Ronaldo and Rooney all swapping posistions, but it has worked much better when I leave them be.

Aguero is a creative force who gets alot of assists,and ronaldo has 20 goals for me in February. Anderson is simply awesome, the heartbeat of my team.

I had a poor start to the season , but on fire now. I was struggling to match the consistency of Aresnal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Liverpool won the league in the first season, and were very strong at the start of this one but have faded. Im 2nd , 4 points behind Aresnal with a few 10 games to go.

Any chance you could post your team instructions, i play a similar tactic, but like you said its not the most consistent, cheers!

I'm looking foy your advice regarding my young players. Basically, my coaches such as Baresi and Meulensteen say in their coach reports that my players have the potential to be a "good player" and be a "good premier league player in the future". Are these players likely to break into the first team in your experience? How accurate are the coaches? Also, what about if they are described as "potential to be decent"? This is all on patch 8.01 btw. Thanks a lot.

Here we go

leaguetablezp5.th.jpg]Out of Reach??[/url]

Arsenal have been simply unstoppable both my top strikers are out for 1 month and 3 month thats Rooney and Tevez and nobodies performing now.

Im obviously not going to give up but chelsea are closing in also so....... im getting worried

Originally posted by boxie:

I'm looking foy your advice regarding my young players. Basically, my coaches such as Baresi and Meulensteen say in their coach reports that my players have the potential to be a "good player" and be a "good premier league player in the future". Are these players likely to break into the first team in your experience? How accurate are the coaches? Also, what about if they are described as "potential to be decent"? This is all on patch 8.01 btw. Thanks a lot.

The ones they refer to as good for the future wud turn out to be players with PA of 160-180. Its hard to see, especially Meulensteen, to predict someone as a leading EPL player in the future. He did say that abt Johnny Evans thoug o my game!

Archived