FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Mid-Season Update

Well, it started off brilliant, then i lost to Arsenal & Chelsea, part of it is due to my inability to score and another part is the couple of real bad injury's, both Ronaldo & Ferdinand picked up injury's that kept them out for a couple of months each, Rio's been back for a month now and i can see my defense already playing better. Ronaldo is just ready to set back in, but his absence was definetly felt as you can see with the league.

I spent my start of season transfer budget all on youth players, gems for the future, it was only £10m and i didn't think i could truely strengthen the first 11 with anyone worth £10m at this point so decided to pick up a whole bunch of youngsters that i think can become Manchester United regulars. I brought in the usual as you can see Saivet, Sahko etc, but there are a few players in the Under 18's i think will be able to come into the first team fold a season or two from now, Sam Hewson, Danny Welbeck & Jonny Evans.

Tevez & Saha just can't seem to score, Tevez's general play is improving when i play him in a AMC role behind my only goal scorer Wayne Rooney, thats something i definetly will have to look at come the summer, with Adriano already coming in i think i might try and bring another foward in, someone strong and tall i reckon.

League Table - http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tablerd0.jpg

Arsenal are on fire, so good its scary, not only are they not dropping points but they have my number, i was gubbed 3 - 0 at the Emirates! I know...., my other defeat was against Chelsea but thankfully they can't seem to get the job done against the mid-table teams.

Squad - http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadin1.jpg

The team hasn't been playing as i had hoped, i'm still in the Champions League, drew Werder Bremen in the 1st knockout stage, i think an alteration of tactics should be in order if the level of performance doesn't pick up. That being said i'm still running Arsenal close and i'm involved in the Fa & Champions League so it's not as if we're doing horribly, i just don't like the style of our play. Fletcher & Carrick are doing good jobs at CM but you can tell they lack the true class to boss games, i'm hoping Zapater will help ease there workload.

If it wasn't for Rooney though i'd be in a right state, with Ronaldo going out early with a 4 month injury all my goals seem to come from Wayne or either of my CB's.

Transfers - http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8215/futuretransha3.jpg

After spending my original £10m on youth, i was getting nearer and nearer the transfer window and i had no money to strengthen, so i decided to "man up" and ask the board for more transfer funds, to my delight they gave me £14m to play with, straight away i went looking for a front man to help Wayne Rooney. I also wanted to see i i could trim my squad and noticed Owen Hargreaves had an admirer, i offered him out and Fiorentina came back with a bid of £20m, i accepted immediatly.

Future Transfers - http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transcentrefb0.jpg

I'm only looking to bring in Zapater in thie January window, partly to help fill the gap in the squad Hargreaves left and also to add a bit of grit in the midfield, Fletcher & Carrick are more ball players than ball winners i feel currently. I'm looking foward to getting Adriano & Marcelo, i think i'll retrain Marcelo into an AML, what do you reckon? Adriano seems a bit of a gamble but he's playing very well in Brazil and his stats looks good with room for improvment.

**Any comments would be cool, suggestions and/or advice welcome.**

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by CP Munk:

Mid-Season Update

Well, it started off brilliant, then i lost to Arsenal & Chelsea, part of it is due to my inability to score and another part is the couple of real bad injury's, both Ronaldo & Ferdinand picked up injury's that kept them out for a couple of months each, Rio's been back for a month now and i can see my defense already playing better. Ronaldo is just ready to set back in, but his absence was definetly felt as you can see with the league.

I spent my start of season transfer budget all on youth players, gems for the future, it was only £10m and i didn't think i could truely strengthen the first 11 with anyone worth £10m at this point so decided to pick up a whole bunch of youngsters that i think can become Manchester United regulars. I brought in the usual as you can see Saivet, Sahko etc, but there are a few players in the Under 18's i think will be able to come into the first team fold a season or two from now, Sam Hewson, Danny Welbeck & Jonny Evans.

Tevez & Saha just can't seem to score, Tevez's general play is improving when i play him in a AMC role behind my only goal scorer Wayne Rooney, thats something i definetly will have to look at come the summer, with Adriano already coming in i think i might try and bring another foward in, someone strong and tall i reckon.

Arsenal are on fire, so good its scary, not only are they not dropping points but they have my number, i was gubbed 3 - 0 at the Emirates! I know...., my other defeat was against Chelsea but thankfully they can't seem to get the job done against the mid-table teams.

The team hasn't been playing as i had hoped, i'm still in the Champions League, drew Werder Bremen in the 1st knockout stage, i think an alteration of tactics should be in order if the level of performance doesn't pick up. That being said i'm still running Arsenal close and i'm involved in the Fa & Champions League so it's not as if we're doing horribly, i just don't like the style of our play. Fletcher & Carrick are doing good jobs at CM but you can tell they lack the true class to boss games, i'm hoping Zapater will help ease there workload.

If it wasn't for Rooney though i'd be in a right state, with Ronaldo going out early with a 4 month injury all my goals seem to come from Wayne or either of my CB's.

After spending my original £10m on youth, i was getting nearer and nearer the transfer window and i had no money to strengthen, so i decided to "man up" and ask the board for more transfer funds, to my delight they gave me £14m to play with, straight away i went looking for a front man to help Wayne Rooney. I also wanted to see i i could trim my squad and noticed Owen Hargreaves had an admirer, i offered him out and Fiorentina came back with a bid of £20m, i accepted immediatly.

I'm only looking to bring in Zapater in thie January window, partly to help fill the gap in the squad Hargreaves left and also to add a bit of grit in the midfield, Fletcher & Carrick are more ball players than ball winners i feel currently. I'm looking foward to getting Adriano & Marcelo, i think i'll retrain Marcelo into an AML, what do you reckon? Adriano seems a bit of a gamble but he's playing very well in Brazil and his stats looks good with room for improvment.

Hi, just had a look at your squad and noticed rio and vidic have 12 goals between them, what corner settings are you using for them and others? Cheers!

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

Any chance you could post your tactics mate, have you had much success with it?

I've posted my tactics on this page. except, instead of Huntelaar, I use Rooney as a striker so, no Target man.

Current season is an exception otherwise, I used to concede almost a goal/game but, the four attackers make sure we don't lose. Have won treble in all but 3 seasons. Managed to win the league everytime though.

Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dazbo101:

Any chance you could post your tactics mate, have you had much success with it?

I've posted my tactics on this page. except, instead of Huntelaar, I use Rooney as a striker so, no Target man.

Current season is an exception otherwise, I used to concede almost a goal/game but, the four attackers make sure we don't lose. Have won treble in all but 3 seasons. Managed to win the league everytime though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, would tevez be suitable for the left Att Mid?

In my third season with the Red Devils. Wondering whether anyone can give me some pointers as to improve certain positions etc.

Goalkeepers - Akinfeev, Van der Sar, Lewis Price

Defenders - Ferdinand, Vidic, Pique, Breno, Neville, Atienza, Fabio, Kieran Lee, Evra and Jonny Evans.

Midfielders - Ronaldo, Villaluz, Sergio Mota, Nani, Sotiris Ninis, Sunny, Javi Martinez, Riquelme, Van der Vaart, Anderson, Giggs, Scholes, Cana, Hargreaves, Adrien and Barkroth.

Strikers - Rooney, Bojan, Saivet, Balotelli, Alexandre Pato.

Can anyone suggest anyone to sell/buy etc?

Originally posted by Dazbo101:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CP Munk:

Mid-Season Update

Hi, just had a look at your squad and noticed rio and vidic have 12 goals between them, what corner settings are you using for them and others? Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rio - Challenge GK.

Vidic - Attack Near Post.

Set you corner taker to 6 yard box, some people prefer aim to near post. Both system's work well.

A Little End Of Transfer Window Update

After all my talk about only bringing in Zapater in the January window i ended up spending far more than i had intended...., I didn't feel Wes Brown was giving me exactly what i wanted from my full back so i went out and had a loooong look around, the likes of Danny Alves, Di Silverstri came up time and time again, then i cast my eye over Lazio's squad and clicked on a a young Swiss RB, he was valued at £4.8m, i offered £6m and they asked for £7.5, i accepted and offered him a contract.

One of my feeder teams, Sporting CP, accepted a bid from AC Milan for a player i hold in very high regard, Joao Moutinho, i had to step in and try to sabotage there bid. To my shock and real disappointment he rejected my contract and left Sporting for Milan....., Miguel Veluso reacted to seeing his friend leave with an outburst against the manager, seeing him unhappy i saw an opening & placed a bid i expect to get rejected. It wasn't.

As i said in a post above, i really think my squad needs a big brusing front man, with Adriano coming i didn't want to go and spend a ludacris amount on a stop gap, i stumbled upon a young Swedish striker, only 23, but standing at 6"5 and really strong, he's also got decent pace and i picked him up for what i consider to be a steal.

Last Minute Transfers

Miguel Veloso - £2.5m(Upfront) + £12m(Over 24 Months)

Albert Zapater - £1.4m(Upfront) + £5m(Over 24 Months)

Valon Behrami - £7.5m

Henok Goiton - £5m - http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thegoitjk2.jpg

In my third season with the Red Devils. Wondering whether anyone can give me some pointers as to improve certain positions etc.

Goalkeepers - Akinfeev, Van der Sar, Lewis Price

Defenders - Ferdinand, Vidic, Pique, Breno, Neville, Atienza, Fabio, Kieran Lee, Evra and Jonny Evans.

Midfielders - Ronaldo, Villaluz, Sergio Mota, Nani, Sotiris Ninis, Sunny, Javi Martinez, Riquelme, Van der Vaart, Anderson, Giggs, Scholes, Cana, Hargreaves, Adrien and Barkroth.

Strikers - Rooney, Bojan, Saivet, Balotelli, Alexandre Pato.

Can anyone suggest anyone to sell/buy etc?

Imo you have too many players, sell some players that are not needed otherwise the squad looks good.

I'm in my 3rd season with Man Utd (8.0.1) and was wondering where you think i need to strengthen and who with...

First Team:-

GK:Ustari/Foster

RB:Richards/De Silvestri

CB:Ferdinand/Pique

CB:Vidic/Davies

LB:Evra/Traore

MC:Javi Martinez/Hargreaves

MC:Anderson/Veloso

AMR:Ronaldo/Ninis/Nani

AML:Ronaldinho/Di Maria/Nani

ST:Tevez/Adebayor

ST:Rooney/Balotelli

Reserves:-

GK:Joao Santos/Olazabal

RB:-

CB:Evans/Saunier/Tuia

CB:Breno/Cahais/Cathcart

LB:Nystad

MC:Nasri/Lulinha

MC:Banega/Wijnaldum

AMR:Ninis/Torje

AML:Mota

ST:Cleber/Wallace

ST:Aaron/Saivet

I definately need a young right back as cover and unsure of how good players such as Wijnaldum, Joao Carlos and Aaron will become.

And 1 more question...Can a goalkeepers eccentricity go down as they gain experience???

Hi just started a Game with Man U (8.02)

Have not bought anyone yet icon_frown.gif

here is the team I play due to injurys

GK:Van der Sar/Kuszczak

RB:O'Shea/Brown

CB:Ferdinand/Pique

CB:Vidic/Pique

LB:Silvestre

DMC:Hargreaves

MC:Scholes/Carrick

MC:Anderson/Fletcher

AMR:Ronaldo/Nani

AML:Giggs/Nani

ST:Rooney/Tevez/Saha

Neville - 5Monthes

Evra - 2Monthes

Park - 2Monthes

Just won the Community Shield 5-1 icon_biggrin.gif

Vidic Is Ace at scoring from Corners 2 vs Chelsea

anyone Recommend anyone to buy/sell?

Thanks

Hi everyone...

I need a little bit of help with my team. I am still using patch 8.01 and I am into my 4th season.

So far, my team has been very successful, partly due to my expensively assembled squad and because I have played the transfer system, but mainly because I have been able to sell my players at highly inflated price.

There's only ever been one problem. My tactics, as illustrated below, works fine but am unable to get the best out of Owen Hargs and Anderson. Anderson is a favourite of mine and I would love to get him ticking.

Somehow I have never been able to play any ST in a their best position either. I sold Zeefuik and Thiago because it has never worked for me. Frazer Campbell has a good few games, where he scored a few goals,in the first season but I was never able to do it consistently.

But with Bojan in on a free transfer, I would love to be able to get the best out of my squad.

Feel free to suggest anything.

Note that since I have a few days left till the end of the transfer window, I will be trying to get De Silvestri as RB and am looking for another DM after selling Banega who was injury prone. Hamzik was high on my list but he wouldn't sign as he only just completed his signing at Napoli after being part owned by Fiorentina. Am trying to sell VDV after getting him on a free and Gibson might go if I get a DM.

fm08teamlistgd3.th.png

fm08tacticsxg1.th.png

fm08teamlistkh6.th.png

First season as United and Barca just enquired about Rio Ferdinand I negotiated a swap deal for Bojan + Dos Santos and barca accepted.

What do you guys think, fair deal? or am getting ripped off?

And who would be a good replacement if I did accept got about £12m left to spend

Trebor, You could've had both of'em n free after 2 seasons on free. Rio's awesome. Anyways, for 12M, you won't get an immediate replacement for him. Try playing Pique alongside Vidic and buy Samba(1-2M) for backup and Breno for future(4-5M). Also, Cathcart and Jonny Evans become world-class if you keep'em. icon14.gif

Originally posted by T.R.F.C:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

Yea Baby! Thats what I call Clean Swoop : wazzaiw9.th.jpg

what skin is this ?? and how can i get it

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The skin is Steklo used alongside Superturk's stadium packs taken from the Graphics forum.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

Trebor, You could've had both of'em n free after 2 seasons on free. Rio's awesome. Anyways, for 12M, you won't get an immediate replacement for him. Try playing Pique alongside Vidic and buy Samba(1-2M) for backup and Breno for future(4-5M). Also, Cathcart and Jonny Evans become world-class if you keep'em. icon14.gif

Cheers Mickyttudes, think i'm going to keep him, hopefully Pique and Evans will turn out good enough for long term replacements.

Originally posted by Rydo L:

How much do you have to spend?

A RB and another striker should be your priorities.

RB - Alves, Sagna, De silvestri, Barragan

ST - Aguero, Sobis, Owen(9m) Bojan(loan) Vela(hard to get)

thanks

I got Miguel Veloso in and Lulinha is join end of season only got 2.5 mil left how much would De silvestri cost?

who should I sell?

Just finished a the first season using 8.02 (original) patch.

Matches seem smoother now, and though there seems to be the corner issue now I done what I can to not really exploited it. However that said my defenders still picked up a fair few goals.

I purchased some players looking to the future, got a loanee, and sold some reserve/youth players. Unfortunately I couldnt seem to ship off fringe players I wanted, so for the first game ever I didn't keep the money out the red through the season.

Now, I dont know what caused it and in almost a dozen seasons there was no sign of it in my last game. However, being about 7million in the red the news came on 7th of May 2008 that David Gill may be looking to step down. It seemed strange, knowing that money was going to be flying into the club through competition money but that was the case.

Takeover talks were confirmed on 24th of may, and on the 16th June 2008 Gill stepped down and Martin Edwards took over as Chairman. At this point the teams finance was looking good, and a number of transfers had been arranged.

Anyways, back to the beginning of the first season. The transfers in contained the usual youth I try to get in.

Wijinaldum £600k

Zakrzewski £170k

Sakho £450k

Fleck £575k

Garai £575k

Saviet £550k

Mellwig £1k (hey scouts said he may be good icon_razz.gif )

Tuia £400k

Edu Valle £350k

Acapandie £325k

Corradini £50k

Kenia £450k

Stancu £1.4m

Kroos £6.5m

Total Spent £12.5m

Transfers out, just the youth as couldnt get decent money for the fringe players.

Ritchie Jones £475k

Chester £550k

Dong £800k

Barnes £50k

Lea £200k

Cleverley £22k

Gagan £275k

Heaton £50k

Eckersley £40k

Gray £50k

Evans £35k

Total 2.5m

So as you can see, spent alot more then made. Needed a stiker but with only about 3million I was not going to get anyone decent. As such I agreed a loan deal for the young Bojan.

This meant I had alot of youth players that were in my previous patch future team. I guess I am hoping they emilate the success we had there. Time will tell.

Anyways. The season was a success. Somehow I managed to win all competitions, but even though the league ended up comfortable, the start of the season it was really tight, stayed that way until about January when I pulled away.

League cup was won 2-0 against fulham, probably the easiest final I could have had. Goals were scored by Anderson 81mins (one of my fave players in reality), and Ronaldo 90mins.

FA Cup won 3-2 against Arsenal. Scrappy match but a Vidic goal and 2 from Bojan just scraped us the win.

Champion league won 2-1 against Inter, with goals from Tevez and Vidic. Again a tight match, but 2 first half goals was enough to see us through the pressure from inter in 2nd half.

After all this, players had got some attention and pre season transfer market has been fairly successful.

Out wnt O'shea for 8.25m, Fletcher for 12.25m, Kuszczak for £6m, and Saha for 8.25m.

This enabled me to make a great signing without worring about money. Dimitar Berbatov was signed for a mere £11.5m after stating he had to leave in order to further his career, and I won the race to sign him.

Im seeking to sign Rossi again, but they are holding out for over 30million, and with bids of 40million coming from italian sides I am not sure I will get him. Though a 39million over accepted, i cant be sure I will put the deal through even if he picks me. Just too much money.

So my team...

GK - VDS/Foster

DL - Evra/Simpson (retrained)

DR - Neville/Brown

DC - Ferdinand/pique

DC - Vidiv/Pique/Pablo (free x-fer this season)

MC - Carrick/Hargreaves

MR - Ronaldo/Nani

ML - Nani/Giggs/Park (want to sell but no buyers)

AMC - Rooney/Anderson

AMC - Tevez/Scholes

FC - Bojan (extended loan)/ Berbatov/ Stancu (if dont loan him out)

Currently having to fight to keep Nani, with the board accepting a 32million offer for him. I dont want him to leave so new contract on the table currently.

Im now not really looking to strengthen the team. For once Im going to try not have too many players, I want to have a strong team but bring through the youth. Only thing I may need is a decent keeper to cover Foster when VDS retires.

Dissapointing first season as i ended with no silverware and was hoping for at least something.

The league cup i expected to go out as i played my kids so i went out early.

The FA Cup went well until i got unbeatable Arsenal was winnig 2-0 until they levelled in the second half. Went to extra time where they couter attacked and killed me.

The Charity shield or whatever its called is pretty much an oportunity to try out tactics but i lost 2-1 to chelski.

And due to some bad tactics from myself we went out in the first knockout round to Valencia was a harsh draw considering i topped my group.

However one plus is that i came second in the prem due to some good performances towards the end but Arsenal were simply too good.

I put getting no silverware down to losing the only goalscorers in the team for months Tevez and Rooney and i didnt score for about three games.

leaguetable2ne4.th.jpg

But one plus is my sizeable 24 million pound transfer budget and big wage budget and also ive been given these 2 players in my youth team who im looking forward to seeing as they look pretty good at just 15

Future for England?????

hallvy6.th.jpg

knightwx5.th.jpg

I really want to challenge more for honours next season and am quite looking forward to it

Wish me luck for next season.

Hi, I just started a new game with Man Utd, and beat Chelsea in the Community Shield 2-0 with Tevez scoring both goals.

My only notable signing was Huntelaar to provide cover up front for Rooney and Tevez. I made a couple of decent free signings aswell.

I signed Sakho on a free for cover for Patrice Evra. A number of people have sold Evra for quite a lot of money, but in my opinion, Evra is by far the best left-back on the game so I definately won't be selling him.

Thinking I may sell Sakho after a season, get some money and replace him with Criscito.

Who do u think is better - Sakho or Criscito?

Also many people have signed new Defensive midfielders, i don't really see the point in this as Man Utd currently have two of the strongest midfielders in the country already in Carrick or Hargreaves, however if i did want to cash in one of them, who do u think it should be? In past games, Hargreaves hasn't always lived up to expectations and hasn't been as good as i thought he would, so maybe i could cash in on him and go with Benega from Boca, who's stats are good and he comes highly rated on here. There's also Cambiasso but that would mean i'd have to spent a considerably lot more. Any suggestions?

I rejected an enquiry for Rio Ferdinand from Barca and now he's become unhappy. He's a top defender but if Barca were to make a hefty bid do you think I'd be right to sell him. Would a defender like Breno or David have what it takes to replace the legend that is Rio?

In the future I will be looking to replace Gary Neville, I don't think Wes Brown is good enough to fill in full time and I may even sell Brown at the end of the season. Im thinking about signing Di Silvestre, who has publically said he wants to come to the club, is he as good as people say he is?

Or is it worth paying a bit more and signing someone like Daniel Alves or Rafinha or maybe even Micah Richards, if he'd come.

I have two strong attacking midfielder options in Scholes and Anderson, who both play well, however I may sign a 3rd attacking midfielder in Matias Fernandes from Villareal when I get a bit of money. good stats but im interested in how'd he actually play.

Transfers In:

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - £9m

Henri Saivet - £0m

Mamadou Sakho - £0m

Thiago - £0m

Georginio Wijnaldum - £0m

Simeone Esposito - £0m

Alex Teixtera - £1.5m

Transfers Out:

Mikael Silvestre - £2m

John O'Shea - £5m

Chris Eagles - £3.2m

Darren Gibson - £2.5m

Huntelaar has failed to impress me in pre-season friendlies so im hoping he's going to improve in the league, I may sell Louis Saha soon, depending on the offers i receive for him.

Do u think its too early to play the youngsters i signed such as Thiago, Wijnaldum and Alex or should i leave them in the reserves for a season or loan them out?

What do you think?

So end of the transfer window and the money flew around like cows in a tornado, and i was the one raking it in and throwing it back out the door at some big players so...

First out the door was a huge name he had srved me so well last season however he picked up a 4 month injury and since then did not seem quite so good i also found him very inneffective in the final race for 2nd, Carlos Tevez to Barcelone for a whopping 30 million a shrewd piece of business i thought.

Then after having bids of just 10 million coming in for one of the future world class defenders i negotiated the offer to what i though was going to be a great offer, 4x his current value and a player who wasnt going to get a regular game for another year or so ... that and the board went over my head and accepted 20 million from Milan for Gerard Pique giving me an extra 50 million in total on top of my current 20 million.

With those transfers arranged before the opening of the transfer window i decided to go out and about scouting a striker to replace Tevez and boy did i get one for the future. But first in came the two arranged transfers the free signing of Zaccardo and Tevez's future replacement Balotelli future line leader for 11.5 million a hefty price tag for such a young player but personally i feel he WILL become worth it.

I wasnt done there either in terms of striker especially for the future a guy who was delighted to come, i have been scouting and trying to sign this guy for a year, ever since i saw him labelled as the next Ronaldo yes the legend that is. I knew i had to get this guy now i finally had the money, another hefty price tag but nothing was keeping me away from this guy he has the potential to be a world beater.

However with one wonderkid coming in it was time for another to leave and i wasnt about to let young player of the year in the prem go in a hurry. The huge signings made were levelled up with the greatest sale ever, Nani left for 31.5 million and Maxwell to Inter, who i will come back up against in the champions league group stages, i was quite dissapointed to let him go as he was one of my better players last season however at that price and with Maxwell coming my way it had to be done

Since the beginning of the first season i have always felt the need for a striker, someone to lead the line, to challenge Rooney, to win header and score goals, link up play and destroy defences, that guy came in for 30 million (some of that over 12 months of course), he came from Tottenham and i believe he has the ability to be the ultimate player, with the look of Mr Cantona about him yes you probably guessed it from the first line, Dimitar Berbatov the bulgaria captain and Tottenhams top scorer last season came in with huge expectations however i can guarantee he happy to be here.

And the spending hadnt stopped there 50 million went flying out of the door and in came a highly recomended player who will become twice the player Nani will ever be, David Jimenez Silva at just 22 his stats show him to be a world class midfielder can play in any attacking position and will easily fill the boots of Nani.

Other members of the squad left Notably John O'shea who ive been looking to get rid of for quite a while left to Aston Villa.

So a very active transfer window and the upgrade of about 1000 seats means that about 120 million pounds went out though i still have a balance of about 50 million but i can see that dissapearing soon with the debt.

transfergo8.th.jpg

leaguetable3fj8.th.jpg

Feel free to critisize or reccomend any more transfers or anything you really want to feedback.

Decided to keep Rio Ferdinand in the end, going by my early season defensive record seems to have been a good decision.

Table

Lets just hope its stays the same until the end of the season icon_biggrin.gif

Biggest test of the season so far LiverpoolvUnited

Most of there chances came late in the game as well.

Here's my squad not too many signings so far just Cassani at right back.

Any suggestions for a quality young left back to use as back up to evra?

dan.bevan -

I'd loan out the youngsters for a year or two.

Most of them will be ready for a few games in the first team at 18/19, but start them off in the cups and easy league matches.

It depends on how often you can play them. If you can't give tehm first team action them loan them out till they are 20. You can always recall them if you have an injury or two.

Originally posted by Raimy:

guys..any great tactic to share..please..i need a good one..score lots of goals..thans

I have been testing out a new tactic and so far seems great.

Am sorry I can't upload it right now but could do so at a later time.

It's like that:

4-1-2-2-1

4-2 CB tht never go forward, 2 full back that overlap-move the 'forward run' halfway. My defense lies slightly deep

1-A DM that never runs forward.

2-1 LM, 1 RM with a forward arrow-not a full forward arrow, just the single forward one if u know what I mean. Full 'forward run'.

2-2 AM behind the FC. They have a forward arrow and forward run on full.

1-An FC, full run forward. I have Bojan(ST) as my FC and he is doing wonders in his first few games, 2 against Arsenal, 1 against Chelsea etc.

I play a fast game, no time wasting, and ball distribution is in the middle(neither short nor direct). Also, slightly attacking.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raimy:

guys..any great tactic to share..please..i need a good one..score lots of goals..thans

I have been testing out a new tactic and so far seems great.

Am sorry I can't upload it right now but could do so at a later time.

It's like that:

4-1-2-2-1

4-2 CB tht never go forward, 2 full back that overlap-move the 'forward run' halfway. My defense lies slightly deep

1-A DM that never runs forward.

2-1 LM, 1 RM with a forward arrow-not a full forward arrow, just the single forward one if u know what I mean. Full 'forward run'.

2-2 AM behind the FC. They have a forward arrow and forward run on full.

1-An FC, full run forward. I have Bojan(ST) as my FC and he is doing wonders in his first few games, 2 against Arsenal, 1 against Chelsea etc.

I play a fast game, no time wasting, and ball distribution is in the middle(neither short nor direct). Also, slightly attacking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh here's the tactic file anyway, hope it works for u.

I have yet to optimise it but so far it seems good.

http://files.filefront.com/4+1+2+2+1+A+Man+Utd+Sep

Archived