FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started my fifth season as a United manager, sofar ive had a quite succesfull era at Old Trafford. (sorry for the lack of screenshots but i dont really know how to do it)

07/08 season: I took over from SAF 24 december 2007 after i originally planned to try out my skills in the brazilian league but after a quick glimpse on the premiership table i saw united was on a shocking 7th place, so i had to try and help my beloved club.

I fixed my training scheduels and trainers so it was all 7star. changed my tactic to a offensive 4-2-3-1 with anderson and hargreaves/carrick doing the dirty work in the midfield engine room, though anderson had permission do his deadly runs into the opposistion penalty areas.

In the winter transfer window I bought

Saivet 400k compensation

fleck 575k

Pandev 11,75m

Outs:

Bardsley 2m - Watford

Cathcart 2,2m - Crystal palace

eagles 3,5m - Sunderland

It took the team 3 games to get used to my tactic with narrow victories over wigan (2-1A) West Ham(1-0A) and Newcastle (2-0H). But after that it clicked and i went on a run of 24games without pointloss in epl,chl and the fa cup, i crushed out in the league cup to newcastle after fielding a youth side.

We managed to catch Chelsea in the league after they dropped points to westham on the last day and i won over Liverpool at anfield. I lost the FA cup final to Chelsea because i had to use dong and campbell in attack to save rooney and tevez for the champions league final (cause of small knocks) so i lost in extra time. In the champions league i beat Real Madrid 3-1 after a magnificent second half to do the double.

08/09 season.

Transfers in

Marcelo 5,5m

Baxter 450k

Richards, 17,5m

Toni Kroos 3,2m

Quaresma 5,75m

Kameni 8,5m

Out:

Gibson 4m - Sunderland

Silvestre 2,5m - Aston villa

Saha 4,2m - Newcastle

Foster 10m - Portsmouth

To do it abit shorter

Community shield: 6-5 penalty win over Chelsea (0-0FT)

League cup went out in the semis to Newcastle with my youth side 3-2

Club World Championship: won 3-0 over Saltama UTD (now a feeder club in 2011)

Premier League: won 14 points ahead of Chelsea

FA Cup: 4-0 W over Man City

Champions League: 1-0 Victory over Real Madrid

09-10 Season

Transfer in:

Dos santos - free

Mascherano -10m release clause at valencia

armand Traore - free (1,9M) compensation

Remy Riou - 3,5m

Messi - 42m release clause

Veloso - 14,25m plus 15m sell on clause

Aguero - 16,75m After a nightmare season at AC Milan where he couldnt get on the team sheet

Transfers out:

Pandev - 32m Real Madrid

Quaresma - 25m Arsenal

Kuszczak - 2m Blackburn

Marcelo - 23m Barcelona

Carrick - 27m Inter

Park Ji sung - 5m Fiorentina

I Decided i would try and field a little bit stronger team in the league cup and try and take it home

Community Shield: 2-0W over Chelsea

Club World Championship: 7-0W over Okayama Fc

League Cup: 1-0W over Chelsea

Premier league: 12 points infront of Arsenal

FA Cup: 2-1W over Tottenham

Champions League: 3-1W over chelsea

10/11 season

Transfer in:

Naymar 300k

Bärkroth 250k

Crisci 90k

Jean-Lous Ferry 300k

Bojan - Free

Nienkotter - 700k

Dupont - 210k

Izzet - 450k

Damen - 200k

Romano -210k

Matineau - 1,2m

Coulibaly - 1,3m

Renaud - 3,1m

Sannino 800k

Mateu - 2m

Broomfield - 725k

Richardson 1,7m

Alle of these is regens except 3 (alot of them seem to have a really bright future in 2011

Transfers out:

Brandy - 250k

W. Brown - 2,5m Newcastle

Manucho 17m - Lyon

O`shea 2m - Fulham

Community Shield: 2-0W over Arsenal

Club World Champ: 3-1W over Palmeiras

League Cup: 4-0W over Arsenal

Premier League: 8 Points down to Chelsea

FA Cup: 4-2W over Newcastle

Champions League: 5-0W over Chelsea

And finally 11/12 season:

Im still using my 4-2-3-1 tactic which have been working for me since the start im moving my AMC down as a DMC if i want to grind out the result

Transfers in:

Ribeiro - 550k Regen

Benzema - 9,25m only bought him cause of the price otherwise i wouldnt have sold tevez

Lloris - 7,5M

Victor Traore - 1,6m Regen

Sylvestre - 1,2M Regen

Transfers out:

Hargreaves - 9m upfront 8m after 12months to Juventus

Tevez - 57m Barcelona

Simpson - 7,5m Tottenham

Remy Riou 2,7m Reading

Except all my transfers in and out, do i have several loan deals going out each season but choose not to since this post would have been a hell of alot longer

As an additional note, I got the England job after Capello didnt live up to expectations at the world cup and went out in the group stage

Starting eleven would be

GK: Kameni/lloris (still havent decided)

DR: Richards with the regen Dupont as backup

DL: Evra/Traore

DC: Pique/Ferdinand

DC: Vidic/Evans

MC Defensive one: Mascherano/Veloso

MC Offensive: Anderson (immense since i took over) and Kroos

AMR: C.Ronaldo/Dos Santos

AMC: Aguero/Rooney depends who i choose to lead the line

AML: Messi/Nani

FC: Rooney/Benzema/Bojan

Still have Fletcher in my books since hes an awesome squad player never complaints and does the job when called upon

i'm struggling to get rooney to play well, can anyone recommend the best individual instructions to give him cause the rest of my team is playing great but he's just not doing well. i'm playing a 4-5-1 style formation turning into 4-3-3 when attacking. i try to recreate the formation that fergie uses in europe.

also if anyone can recommend the best individual player intructions for tevez and ronaldo too so i colud get them all inter-changing positions so my formation would be even more like real-life!!

i'd like to get the 3 of them playing to there max cause i'm just plodding along grinding out results rather than spanking teams like i should be. thanks for your help in advance

Hello!

I'm in the season 3 now, and got problem with keepers after VDS ends his career.

I gave the chance for Foster in the last season but hi was conceded 31 times in 29 PL games ( he has poor reflex, only 14).

I wanted to gave him another season to prove me that he is future of Man Utd Goal, bought Agliardi for 5 mil euro and Costil for 500 K as a 2nd and 3rd choice but now I've chance to buy Gordon for 8 mln (he already accept my offer and waiting for my confirmation). I don't want have too many keepers

What shoud I do???

Originally posted by niepsant:

Hello!

I'm in the season 3 now, and got problem with keepers after VDS ends his career.

I gave the chance for Foster in the last season but hi was conceded 31 times in 29 PL games ( he has poor reflex, only 14).

I wanted to gave him another season to prove me that he is future of Man Utd Goal, bought Agliardi for 5 mil euro and Costil for 500 K as a 2nd and 3rd choice but now I've chance to buy Gordon for 8 mln (he already accept my offer and waiting for my confirmation). I don't want have too many keepers

What shoud I do???

I personally sold Foster in the January transfer window cause he simply wasnt good enough. Gordon is a excellent keeper from my experience so i would take him and sell Foster

Zordan, how on earth did you manager to sell manucho for 17 million?

Im in late april 1st season on my man utd save and cent wait to get him back from Panathinaikos although looking at his ratings i dont see me fetching more than 10m for him on top form!

I just finished my first season in charge of Man United.

I won every competition after making a few signings.

Here are my squad and my signings

Competitions

Community Shield

Carling Cup

Premiership

FA Cup

Champions League

The chairman also accepted this offer from Real Madrid for Carlos Tevez.

I didn't really want to sell him but I had no choice so I brought in the younger Sergio Aguero for 32.5 million as a replacement.

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Peddro:

Zordan, how on earth did you manager to sell manucho for 17 million?

Im in late april 1st season on my man utd save and cent wait to get him back from Panathinaikos although looking at his ratings i dont see me fetching more than 10m for him on top form!

I used him quite often when I got him back for loan, so he turned into a quite good striker. good with his feet and good at heading, the season before i sold him he got 31goals 10 assist in all competitions mainly as a substitute, so interrest was really high in him so decided to cash in on him

I'm with man united in January of the first season and At. Madrid offered £25 million + 50% of next sale, so David Gill accepted the offer for me.

Should I offer Pique a new contract and try convince him to stay or should I let him go, and who should I replace him with?

Originally posted by neil123000:

I'm with man united in January of the first season and At. Madrid offered £25 million + 50% of next sale for Piqué, so David Gill accepted the offer for me.

Should I offer Pique a new contract and try convince him to stay or should I let him go, and who should I replace him with?

I'm playing as Man Utd - and I'm in October in my second season.

Pathetically, I won nothing in my first year at the club, instead finishing runner-up in every competition I entered (bar the Charity Shield, which I won icon_rolleyes.gif )

I feel a lot more confident this season, but failed to get a left winger to replace Giggs or a new GK before the deadline. Nani and Foster just aren't up to it icon_frown.gif.

I now have £37m to spend in Jan and I think it's vital get it right.

Any recommendations for said positions, bearing in mind I'm playing 8.02.

Ta muchly.

Originally posted by baz1:

The chairman also accepted this offer from Real Madrid for Carlos Tevez.

I didn't really want to sell him but I had no choice so I brought in the younger Sergio Aguero for 32.5 million as a replacement.

He's not as good on 8.0.2 is he? Mainly pace, but it looks like finishing and composure have had 1 off too icon13.gif

Sergio Ramos just signed a new contract with a 34.5 million release clause.

Should I go for him?

I have 90 million left to spend after selling Tevez and lots of fringe players.

YES!!!

If you buy Ramos, he'll easily replace both Brown and O'Shea, but maybe keep brown on as cover for DR - apart from neville you dont seem to have a proper replacement - pique and vidic although you've trained them to play as full backs they are most certainly better of as centre backs.

My team 2009/2010 with United 8.02

GK: Gordon - VDS/Jeferson

RB: Alves - Torres/Brown/Neville

LB: Evra - Bale/Torres/Sahko

CB: Ferdinand - Pique/Brown/Evans/Sahko

CB: Vidic - Pique/Brown/Evans/Sahko

RM: Ronaldo - Nani/Alves/Ronaldinho/Quagliarella

LM: Ronaldinho - Nani/Bale/Ronaldinho/Quagliarella/Giggs

CM: Hargreaves - Carrick/Gibson/Pique

CM: Anderson - Ronaldinho/Carrick/Scholes

ST: Berbatov - Henry/Quagliarella/Etock

ST: Rooney - Henry/Quagliarella/Etock

1st Season - Won The Premiership, FA Cup, Champions League and Community Shield

2nd Season - Won Premiership, Champions League, Community Shield, World Club Championship and Super Cup

Going for all the trophies this season icon_cool.gif

My first season with Man Utd was disappointing. Finished third in the Premiership, out of the champions league un the semi final, out of the Fa Cup in the 4th round and lost in the League Cup final.

Started with a 4-4-2 formation but ended up with a 4-1-1-3-1 formation

My transfers in the opening of the seasons.

In:

John Fleck from Rangers on a free transfer

Mamadou Sakho from Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer

Joe Mattock from Leicester for 1.9M

Henri Saivet from Bordeaux for 3.1M

Out:

Noone

Transfers in Januari

In

Marcus Berg from FC Groningen for 6.5M

Rafinha from Schalke for 10.5M

Out

Gerard Pique to Barcelona for 30.5M

So this is my squad

GK: Edwin Van Der Sar (Tomasz Kuszczak, Ben Foster)

RB: Gary Neville (Rafinha, Danny Simpson)

DL: Patrice Evra (Joe Mattock, Mikael Silvestre)

DC: Rio Ferdinand (Wes Brown)

DC: Nemanja Vidic (Mamadou Sakho)

DM: Owen Hargreaves (Darren Fletcher)

MC: Paul Scholes (Michael Carrick)

AMR: Cristiano Ronaldo (Ji Sung Park)

AML: Ryan Giggs (Nani)

AMC: Carlos Tévez (Anderson)

FC: Wayne Rooney (Louis Saha, Marcus Berg)

Subs: John O'Shea and Chris Eagles

Report back after season 2.

playing as utd in 8.0.2 ver

signed in liesdon from sporting for 5 million,fleck from rangers for 600k, sakho for 625k from PSG, barnes from derby for 9.5million, should i sell players from team, ie fletcher,saha,simpson,o'shea, or keep them.

Finally started my Utd career game. Will update ind etail once the transfer window closes, have got Bojan to come in on loan currently negotiating delas for Fernandez and Ben Arfa.

Will be playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

Here is my first team squad coming up to 2010:

FMManUtdFirstTeam.jpg

What I really like is that my team mainly comes from three countries, England, Portugal and Argentina. This wont change much in the future since in my reserves team I have Adrien, Piatti and a bunch of English players, plus Cahais and San Roman gaining work permits icon_smile.gif

I'm in season 11/12

And dont really spending much on players

My team 1st 11 atm is

ustari

evra

Kieth watson

pique

m richards (used to be this ace italian defender called faroni who i trained from 16yr old but board sold him for 23m icon_frown.gif)

Ronaldo

dos santos

winjumiln (sp?)

mascherano

augero

rooney

Post some screenies soon

I've just finished my first season with Man United.

I won the Premier League and the F.A. Cup(won on penaltis against Chelsea)

I lost the League Cup final 5-1 against Arsenal and went out to Valencia 5-4 on aggregate in the first round of the Champions League.

Squad:squadar5.th.jpg

Can you think of anywhere I need to strengthen? I have £60 million to spend.

Transfers:transfersov2.th.jpg

The board agreed a transfer for Nani to real Madrid for £16.25 million and Giggs is not good enough so I need to replace Nani at AML. I was thinking of Guardado9for £20.5 million) but have you got any other suggestions...

I also want to sell Saha and replace him with another fast striker...Aguero has a min. fee release clause of £34 million, which I think is pretty good value... so should I get him or do you think I should get someone else...

I have agreed the transfer of Alexandre for £100k, and he'll come when he is 18 in 2009

Alexandre:alexandrerr6.th.jpg

What do you think of him?

This happened to anyone else yet?

New Chairman

I started a new game a few days ago.

I will update at the end of the season.

I just got the same in my first season . Was some £14 million in the red and have been bailed out by Kevin Glazer!!!!!

Now £2 million in the black

Originally posted by neil123000:

I agreed contracts with Hugo Lloris(£14million) and Guardado(£20.5million) should I confirm the deals or are there better out there.

Lloris is class he is worth that but imo Marcelo is better than Guardado for AML and you can get him for his 5.5 million release clause

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil123000:

I agreed contracts with Hugo Lloris(£14million) and Guardado(£20.5million) should I confirm the deals or are there better out there.

Lloris is class he is worth that but imo Marcelo is better than Guardado for AML and you can get him for his 5.5 million release clause </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marcelo has already moved to Milan. I just signed Lloris.

Season 2007/08

Has promised my update on the start of the season.

Transfers:

03032008214800gd9.th.jpg

I am playing with a 3rd party database so both Ben Foster and Gary Neville are fit. Didn't manage to offload Eagles before the deadline.

Community Shield vs Chelsea

03032008214938mm9.th.jpg

vs Liverpool

03032008215341sw8.th.jpg

Plaing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation so Tevez is backup for Rooney but he's not getting a look in due to Rooney being on hot form, probably play him in Europe have Spartak Moscow, Valencia and Lazio in my group.

Rooney's blistering form (for club and country has 4 hat-tricks in last 6 games)

03032008215615of1.th.jpg

Originally posted by adonis:

Season 2007/08

Has promised my update on the start of the season.

Transfers:

03032008214800gd9.th.jpg

I am playing with a 3rd party database so both Ben Foster and Gary Neville are fit. Didn't manage to offload Eagles before the deadline.

Community Shield vs Chelsea

03032008214938mm9.th.jpg

vs Liverpool

03032008215341sw8.th.jpg

Plaing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation so Tevez is backup for Rooney but he's not getting a look in due to Rooney being on hot form, probably play him in Europe have Spartak Moscow, Valencia and Lazio in my group.

Rooney's blistering form (for club and country has 4 hat-tricks in last 6 games)

03032008215615of1.th.jpg

What tactic are you using any chance you could post it?

Archived