FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried that nobody else was interested, Portsmouth had been sniffing around him for weeks.

Not sure how much my transfer budget will be might have to sell the likes of Carrick, Pique (in last year of contract) and Fletcher and maybe Tevez.

Originally posted by adonis:

Tried that nobody else was interested, Portsmouth had been sniffing around him for weeks.

Not sure how much my transfer budget will be might have to sell the likes of Carrick, Pique (in last year of contract) and Fletcher and maybe Tevez.

Offer Foster a new contract before he agrees to portsmouths and he would likely stay. I often do this if I am fighting to keep a player. Happened in first season with Nani when Milan offered 36million for him. Nani accepted my offer, which probably annoyed Edwards icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

Offer Foster a new contract before he agrees to portsmouths and he would likely stay. I often do this if I am fighting to keep a player. Happened in first season with Nani when Milan offered 36million for him. Nani accepted my offer, which probably annoyed Edwards icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn didn't think of that. Deal is confirmed but Foster was getting upset due to playing a lack of games. Will know for next time.

End of season 2007/08 update

Community Shield winners vs Chelsea 4-1

Carling Cup winners vs Arsenal 2-1

Champions League winners vs Barcelona 3-2

Premier League winners

Best players: WAYNE ROONEY 69 goals in 49 games fukin fab!!!

Mathias Fernandez 41 games 15 goals 49 assists

Nemanja Vidic 52 games 30 goals

Tevez managed 34 games 26 goals.

Paul Scholes also did well assist wise has did Anderson along with Ronaldo of course.

Transfer policy: Need 2 goalkeepers, already getting Marchisio for £4m currently have £7m left hopeful will be bumped up alot.

I must be doing something wrong, or it the fact I using the second version of 8.02

Original release I was hammering in the goals, re-release I am scoring a pretty much normal amount of goals. Means that I not really getting the high number of goals you show icon_frown.gif

THat said, enjoying the realistic scores and the clean sheets icon_smile.gif Even playing a form of 4-4-2 now instead of my 4-3-2-1 that slaughtered teams before but no longer that effective.

Getting your teamtalks right casn make a big difference esspecially with Rooney I found. I was harsh at him and he went and got inspired and ended up scoring 3/4 goals a game.

Missed out on Aguero who went to Real. Have a budget of £50m but have nearly finalised a £15m sale of Fletcher and £30m sale of Carrick. icon_cool.gif Looking to get a RB (Alves/Lahm) Veloso, Guardado and Akinfeev and Lloris.

Veloso is fb and you can get him for around 10 million.

If you can sign Pander and Zaccardo as they are both good and you can't go wrong with a free transfer.

I can get Garay for 11 million, Zapata for 19 million, Richards for 35 million or Albiol for 17 million.

Who do you think I should go for.

Also just got the Czech Republic job.

They are not a great team but so far beat Lithuania 6-0 so i might do alright.

I am hoping to get the Spanish or Italian job in the future.

Zaccardo is still under contract and isn't fast enough for my liking, I like pace all over the pitch.

I would go for Zapata but sometimes he finds it hard to adapt to a different country. Richards has a very bad positioning stat, good price for Albiol very similar to Ferdinand. Albiol it would have to be.

Sold Carrick to Newcastle £30m and Fletcher to Spurs £15m. Managed to get Higuain from Madrid on season long loan trying the same with Banega.

Lloris costing me £11m, Akinfeev £10m, Veloso £11m, Guardado £21m. Dani Alves is unhappy so will probably go for him.

didnt rate zaccardo, maybe he just didnt like my tactic. Played a season and then I ship him off for 20million. Just seemed too inconsistant.

Also purchased barbatov for 10.5million, just sold him a season and a half later though. He had an ok goal ratio but he p***ed me off by refusing to tutor anyone. Reckoned his time was worth more then that. So I shipped him out the squad as well icon_razz.gif

Got Rossi in now for 24million (how I dont know, it his second move in 2 seasons and i got him for 10million less then they paid... and only went in when others did again). Like before, he getting a good ratio. On about 1:1 at the moment but only early days (10 games)

Just thought I'd share one of my more exciting and nerve-wrecking FM experiences.

In my entire life, I've never experienced something like this, I was shocked.

After being beat 4-1 on Mestalla I was dreading the home encounter, I was very upset and Villa (who scored an hatrick at Mestalla, was apparently in top form. Which made me even more nervous. Then came that little Argentinian I was wondering I should sell or not to make it all better.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Canabary/cl-semifinal.png

I'm never selling him, NEVER.

Hi

I need some help with my tactics. I've just lost 4-1 away to arsnal and 3-1 to valencia away. 8 points behind arsenal in league. I'm in october in first season and playing 4-4-2 most the time playing short passing away from home and direct at home. I always have quite high closing down. My defence keep leeking goals. What shall I do to turn my season around?

Please reply quickly!

Thanks

Zaccardo is still under contract and isn't fast enough for my liking, I like pace all over the pitch.

I would go for Zapata but sometimes he finds it hard to adapt to a different country. Richards has a very bad positioning stat, good price for Albiol very similar to Ferdinand. Albiol it would have to be.

Sold Carrick to Newcastle £30m and Fletcher to Spurs £15m. Managed to get Higuain from Madrid on season long loan trying the same with Banega.

Lloris costing me £11m, Akinfeev £10m, Veloso £11m, Guardado £21m. Dani Alves is unhappy so will probably go for him.

That was a good price you got for Carrick.

I can't seem to get Albiol to accept a contract.Usually players accept after three or four offers but he won't accept anything.

I think I will go for Zapata or else Felipe from Udinese who is at Lyon in my game and will probably set me back around 20 million.If he won't accept I will just get Garay who I found good in previous games.

Rossi is a beast!

Cost me 42m but he's worth every penny. Scored 2 hatricks so far. and scored two goals in his debut. Only problem is he gets sent to both U23, U21 and International squads all the time, I hardly have him playing 3 matches in a row icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Canabary:

Just thought I'd share one of my more exciting and nerve-wrecking FM experiences.

After being beat 4-1 on Mestalla I was dreading the home encounter, I was very upset and Villa (who scored an hatrick at Mestalla, was apparently in top form. Which made me even more nervous. Then came that little Argentinian I was wondering I should sell or not to make it all better.

What is that skin called mate ?

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

What is that skin called mate ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's zzizz..get it a susie or graphics and skinning forum. If you look on the last page think I might have given someone else thelink for it.

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

Hi

I need some help with my tactics. I've just lost 4-1 away to arsnal and 3-1 to valencia away. 8 points behind arsenal in league. I'm in october in first season and playing 4-4-2 most the time playing short passing away from home and direct at home. I always have quite high closing down. My defence keep leeking goals. What shall I do to turn my season around?

Please reply quickly!

Thanks

with high closing down you risk dragging your defenders out of position, you might want to consider only using that for defensive midfielders and midfield as you really don't want your back four leaving huge gaps in defence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

What is that skin called mate ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's zzizz..get it a susie or graphics and skinning forum. If you look on the last page think I might have given someone else thelink for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate, downloading now icon14.gif

O.K i need some help!

I'm 11 points behind arsenal in the league in first october. I had planned to buy benzema, loris and ben afra in the summer but would need a lot of money so would this only come if i win the premiership (which looks unlikely) and probably europe. I'm not planning on selling any big players either.

Would it be worth starting again if i need to win the premiership to get a war chest to spend?

I also need help with tactics as i want to have it as close to real life as possible. I have conceded 11 in league with arsnal conceding 4 and have lost back to back 4-1 and 3-1 against arsenal away and valencia away. I also tend to have direct passing at home and short away.

Currently 4th in league.

Please help!

O.K i need some help!

I'm 11 points behind arsenal in the league in first october. I had planned to buy benzema, loris and ben afra in the summer but would need a lot of money so would this only come if i win the premiership (which looks unlikely) and probably europe. I'm not planning on selling any big players either.

Would it be worth starting again if i need to win the premiership to get a war chest to spend?

I also need help with tactics as i want to have it as close to real life as possible. I have conceded 11 in league with arsnal conceding 4 and have lost back to back 4-1 and 3-1 against arsenal away and valencia away. I also tend to have direct passing at home and short away.

Currently 4th in league.

Please help!

This tactic works really well to start off with.

You don't need to tweak at all and corners are set up already.

Ugh caught a really bad slump of form. Went from a clear first position to a struggling 6th... I'm 25 points behind Arsenal (who have won all of their games except two (which were against me) 10 points behind Chelea. 3 points behind Liverpool. 2 points behind Blackburn, Newcastle and Tottenham....

Giuseppe Rossi is doing well as ever, having scored 30 goals in 42 appearances after I noticed my training scheduels were too though (which explains why it's not 40+. He's up to 10 hat-ricks in 15 games, but when he's not scoring hat-tricks and only single goals, I'm not winning...

Hugo Lloris has been a huge let down since september, can't save a penalty even if is his life depended on it. Ocoah is doing quite well, but I was really hoping Lloris would be the next schmeichel.

my current squad with backup and such:

GK: Ochoa/Lloris

DR: O'shea/Simpson

DL: Evra/Silvestre

DC: Rio/Brown

DC: Vidic/Pique

DMC: Hargreaves/Carrick

DMC: Veloso

AMC: Anderson/Scholesy/Thiago/Park

AML: Rooney/Giggs

AMR: Ronaldo/Saivet/Saha

FC: Rossi/Saha

Anderson is Unhappy and wanting to leave ALL THE TIME. I keep winning some odd games then lose the most easiest matches, controling the game and getting the most chances, but as long as Rossi doesn't score more than one, I won't win. Ronaldo has been surprisingly poor same with Rooney, who just doesn't seem to know where the goal is. Tevez got his foot broken in a match against Birmingham and is out for the entire season (Seems like that's what they do...)

Giggs is getting old and messes up all the time. Scholesy messes up as well but I suspect he's much better than my assistant says. My assistant wants to leave. I'm not being offered a new contract. I lost in the FA cup against fricken Pompey in the semi finals. I did manage to win the league cup, but really, who cares about the league cup?

So far I'm on decent route to manage a semi successful run in the ECC as well, but the league is what I want, but at the current moment (being almost 30 points behind Arsenal) I highly doubt I'll be able to do that. I'd need to win all of my matches to do that, and at the moment, with all my confusing losses....

I've tried all kinds of tactics, nothing really seems to save me from the slump. And if I leave matches for my assistant he WILL lose them...

I'm just really frustrated right now, so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would really help.. I'm quite aware of that I need to get a new right back, but I can't afford it. I was going into profit into september, but when I started to lose the fans didn't seem to want come to matches anymore, and now I'm losing several million a month....

I'm so confused, Rossi is scoring in bundles but I still can't close in on the gap or even win the matches....

HELP ME icon_frown.gif

Season 2008/09 update

Transfers:

03102008152618bo7.th.jpg Transfers out cont...Darren Gibson £3.5m Total sale £62m

Won Community Shield vs Chelsea 1-0

Won Euro Super Cup vs Spurs 2-1

Champions League group Valencia, Randgers and PSG.

Squad:

Playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

03102008152856tj8.th.jpg

Still have £23m left and Silva has just signed a new contract with a £31m release fee....icon_biggrin.gif..try and get him at the end of the season.

what formation and instructions are best for replicationg real life United both home and away?

Tactics wise I have no idea, but formation wise:

Four in the back line with a farrow on Evra going up to mid-field. No arrow on Neville

Ronaldo in a RW position, Giggs in a ML position. Scholes MC. Carrick/hargreaves, MC with barrow to DMC. Rooney RS with farrow to AMC. Teves LS.

so sorta like this:

And you have yourself a united.

Originally posted by Canabary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

what formation and instructions are best for replicationg real life United both home and away?

Tactics wise I have no idea, but formation wise:

Four in the back line with a farrow on Evra going up to mid-field. No arrow on Neville

Ronaldo in a RW position, Giggs in a ML position. Scholes MC. Carrick/hargreaves, MC with barrow to DMC. Rooney RS with farrow to AMC. Teves LS.

so sorta like this:

And you have yourself a united. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>... formation didn't come out right

*.-.*.-.*.-.*

..-.*.-.*.-.*

*.-..-..-..-.

..-.*.-.*.-..

Stars being players

Originally posted by baz1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

What are the team/player instructions for this?

Tactic is here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a very good run on this tactic for about one and a half season. Now its not working at all.. I blame my players though.. They are all performing far bellow ability.

Originally posted by Ricardo Kaka':

How much do you guys think i could sell C.Ronaldo for in the summer after the first season?

And what would be the best way to sell him?

I just prefer to not play with wingers and i would like to get rid of him so i can cash in and buy a top class striker.

Retrain him into a Striker, hes class

dear god FINALY!

I gave anderson a gigantic wage lift and he started to perform like a god again. This raised the morale of the entire team! I lost 2-0 to Real away, despite pretty much dominating the game, then beat them 5-1 at home with Ronaldo and Anderson scoring for fun!

If I knew it was all about Anderson I would have done this sooner, fricken god with the ball.

Originally posted by baz1:

Anderson is a god imo if you play him as an AMC with free role ticked, long shots often and bundles of creative freedom.

Yeah, he's fricken amazing when he puts his mind to it. Only problem now is that The team are 6th in the prem with 5 matches remaining, Arsenal have 99 points (seriously how the heck did they do that?!)

On the plus side we're winning everyhting else, so I guess we're turning into Liverpool *dread*

O.K i need some help!

Please help!

I am Man Utd in my first season and we have played 6 games.

Of those six games we have lost 4 games in a row and won and drawn one.

This is my team with the average rating:

Gk: Van Der Sar- 5.70

DR: Neville- 7.33

DL: Evra-6.67

DC: Vidic- 6.00

DC: Ferdinand- 6.00

MR: Ronaldo-6.67

ML: Giggs-7.00

MC: Juniniho Pernambucano-6.67

MC: Scholes-7.00

FC: Rooney-6.33

FC: Tevez-6.33

SB1: Enyeama-7.00 (1 game)

SB2: Brown-6.00 (2 games)

SB3: Anderson-6.50(2 games)

SB4: Saha- 6.00 (1 game)

SB5: Nani-6.67 (3 games)

Do i need some more signings, ive got 17 Million to spend after selling silvestre and park Ji-sung, or do i need a different tactic???

Originally posted by BenCraig7:

Do i need some more signings, ive got 17 Million to spend after selling silvestre and park Ji-sung, or do i need a different tactic???

As letsflipthisplaceup said, you idd need a defensive minded midfielder in the lineup

Winning he treble gives you 65m. winning the EPL gets you 21m. Winning the FA cup wins you 17m. Winning the ECC will get you a collective win of around 30m. Winnin the league cup (bleh) gives you 12m or so.

As for ben afra, he won't come. lloris will cost you 10-14m, but in my honest opinion he's not that good...

Benzema costs 10.5 - 25m, if he's willing to leave that is.

I tried to get ben afra an Benzema but they wouldn't come at all icon_frown.gif Might be able to get them if I beat Chelsea in the ECC final, no way I'm letting Chelsea win that one!

Originally posted by BenCraig7:

o.O

Van der Sar got 8 in avrage my first season, then he retired icon_frown.gif

As for the other players, how on earth is Juninho getting bellow 7? let alone Ronaldo!

Archived