FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by adonis:

Great start to my 2nd season with away wins at Liverpool and Chelsea. Then to follow this thrashing of Valencia icon_cool.gif:

03102008211631qz2.th.jpg

Nice! I need a bit of advice though, as you seem to be doing very well.

I managed to save my ass in the last weeks, winning the ECC, but finishing a staggering 6th in the league. I need players for my team, I have 75m. Silva has a buy out clause on 30.5m. I'm not too sure wether I should take it or not, cause I seriously need a right back, backup attacking midfielder, backup left back and probably a backup right and left wing in ADDITION to Silva. Not too sure how I'd go about getting that for 75m... It's a lot of money, but players are seriously overpriced....

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you unsettle them by praising them etc you will get them cheaper once they start to consider there options.

Sell Silvestre, Carrick, Park and Saha.

For DR - Alves/Rafinha/Silvestri/Lahm/Diogo

LB - Bale/Baines/Traore

AMC - Fernandez/Van der Vaart

Even if you buy Silva you could pretty much get the players you need and good ones at that, depends how good you are at getting good money for your own players.

I'm in my 2nd season with United, after winning the FA Cup and ECC in my 1st season, 2nd in the EPL to Arsenal icon_frown.gif. Anyhoo I'm currently sitting top of the EPL with a record of PL14 W12 D1 L1 F32 A10.

My current squad is :-

Akinfeev

Kuszczak

Lehtovaara

Van Der Saar

Brown

Neville

O'Shea

Sakho

David Luiz

Ferdinand

Van Der Wiel

Vidic

Palomobo

Barragan

Simpson

Evra

Hargreaves

Carrick

Fletcher

Gibson

Krhin

Eagles

Nani

Park Ji-Sung

Ronaldo

Tevez

Giggs

Rooney

Aquino

Anderson

Buonanotte

Scholes

Campbell

Manucho

Saha

I still have £40M to spend after bring in Akinfeev, Palombo and Luiz for £51M. Do you think I can improve any areas of my squad and who do you think I should get rid of from that massive squad I have, some of them are out on loan though.

Cheers icon_smile.gif

If you unsettle them by praising them etc you will get them cheaper once they start to consider there options.

LB - Bale/Baines/Traore

Even if you buy Silva you could pretty much get the players you need and good ones at that, depends how good you are at getting good money for your own players.

How exactly ould I go about getting a good price? Carrick is only worth 6.5m. Park only3.8 and Saha is slumping in 1.8m :x

Originally posted by Canabary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

LB - Bale/Baines/Traore

How exactly ould I go about getting a good price? Carrick is only worth 6.5m. Park only3.8 and Saha is slumping in 1.8m :x </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got £30m for Carrick when he was only valued at £6m.

Transfer list them and put the asking price has £0. Wait a few days and you should get a lot of clubs interested. Offer the player to clubs with £0 upfront but a good value over 24 months. If you get no offers coming back just lower the price over 24 months til you do.

Originally posted by golfpunk:

I'm in my 2nd season with United, after winning the FA Cup and ECC in my 1st season, 2nd in the EPL to Arsenal icon_frown.gif. Anyhoo I'm currently sitting top of the EPL with a record of PL14 W12 D1 L1 F32 A10.

Akinfeev

Kuszczak

Lehtovaara

Van Der Saar

Brown

Neville

O'Shea

Sakho

David Luiz

Ferdinand

Van Der Wiel

Vidic

Palomobo

Barragan

Simpson

Evra

Hargreaves

Carrick

Fletcher

Gibson

Krhin

Eagles

Nani

Park Ji-Sung

Ronaldo

Tevez

Giggs

Rooney

Aquino

Anderson

Buonanotte

Scholes

Campbell

Manucho

Saha

I still have £40M to spend after bring in Akinfeev, Palombo and Luiz for £51M. Do you think I can improve any areas of my squad and who do you think I should get rid of from that massive squad I have, some of them are out on loan though.

Cheers icon_smile.gif

Sell Kusczak, Carrick, Fletcher, Gibson, Park, Eagles, Manucho and Saha.

You will need to buy replacements for Giggs and maybe Scholes. Guardado, Fernandez, Silva best choice. Get a striker to help out Rooney and Tevez, Aguero is the man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adonis:

LB - Bale/Baines/Traore

How exactly ould I go about getting a good price? Carrick is only worth 6.5m. Park only3.8 and Saha is slumping in 1.8m :x </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got £30m for Carrick when he was only valued at £6m.

Transfer list them and put the asking price has £0. Wait a few days and you should get a lot of clubs interested. Offer the player to clubs with £0 upfront but a good value over 24 months. If you get no offers coming back just lower the price over 24 months til you do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is brilliant! I'm getting 30m for Carrick and 20m for Saha! no-one sems to want park though...

Just played the Scousers 3 games in a row in my game .

European Cup quarter final and FA Cup semi finals . First game won 3-1 at Anfield with a Rooney hatrick icon_biggrin.gif . Then won 4-2 in the FA Cup semi-final scoring in the 119th and 120th minute (They injured Rooney though out for a month) . Then won 2-1 at Old Traffor to complete the clean sweep icon_biggrin.gif

Great feeling icon14.gif

I managed to get a collective transfer value of 60m for Saha, Carrick, Silvestre and Park. Which I find very impressive, of course most of it won't be in the bank until august 2010.

Anyway I managed to get:

Silva 30.5m (release clause)

Baines 14.5m (last second)

Pirlo 13.5m (been getting 8s in bundles at Milan and for me)

As for an attacking midfielder I noticed Wayne Rooney is doing excellently when Anderson is injured, and for right back Danny Simpson has become close to what neville used to be, just faster, which is always a good thing!

Of course it seems that considering Anderson is now worth close to 30m teams want him dead, so they all tackle him hard, especially low ability teams. He's getting injured every other game now icon_frown.gif Recently went out for 2 months with a broken toe... It's like real life, no protection for the skilled youngsters...

Hi.. I'm new here.. And.............

I'm MAN UTD FAN too..!!!!

cheers.. =]

Hmm.. I'm using my current tactic that i think doesn't suit with my team.. Rooney rarely scores.. And so far that i know,, Rooney is a beast..

Can u share a tactic that u guys think most effective for this team...???

I'm in second season.. I brought Adriano 9.5m for my target man.. Also Pander and Richards..

And also.. Can u give me the link to download the MU backgroud like :

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03042008200814ti1.jpg

Thx.. ^^

Winning he treble gives you 65m. winning the EPL gets you 21m. Winning the FA cup wins you 17m. Winning the ECC will get you a collective win of around 30m. Winnin the league cup (bleh) gives you 12m or so.

As for ben afra, he won't come. lloris will cost you 10-14m, but in my honest opinion he's not that good...

Benzema costs 10.5 - 25m, if he's willing to leave that is.

I tried to get ben afra an Benzema but they wouldn't come at all icon_frown.gif Might be able to get them if I beat Chelsea in the ECC final, no way I'm letting Chelsea win that one!

Who would u suggest as a keeper?

Everyone is talkin of Akinfeev but so far his team would not accept £13.5 which is the price am getting for Lloris.

Ustari would not agree personal terms.

Found a lad, Felipe from Santos I think. He is costing me around 9m.

Ed Van Stijn says he would be 'good'. He is a year younger than Lloris and stats are slightly lower.

Thank u.

calvin08 - ou can get them over at sortitoutsi.net under player backgrounds just follow the guides where to put them.

Canabary - You won'y get the money til 2 years time but it gets added to your budget straightaway. So you can spend it asap.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

Winning he treble gives you 65m. winning the EPL gets you 21m. Winning the FA cup wins you 17m. Winning the ECC will get you a collective win of around 30m. Winnin the league cup (bleh) gives you 12m or so.

As for ben afra, he won't come. lloris will cost you 10-14m, but in my honest opinion he's not that good...

I tried to get ben afra an Benzema but they wouldn't come at all icon_frown.gif Might be able to get them if I beat Chelsea in the ECC final, no way I'm letting Chelsea win that one!

Everyone is talkin of Akinfeev but so far his team would not accept £13.5 which is the price am getting for Lloris.

Ed Van Stijn says he would be 'good'. He is a year younger than Lloris and stats are slightly lower.

Thank u. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lloris is the best young gk in the game behind the likes of Cech and Casillas, maybe Ochoa as well.

LB - Bale/Baines/Traore

Av noticed than when u first start a game u dnt get much for yr money.

After a season on 8.01 I sold Carrick for 20m, Fletcher 15m+, Nani 30m etc

Jus started a game on 8.02 and only got 15m+50% for Carrick etc

The trick is sell them on 24mths repayment + 50%.

When you get loads of team bidding, gradually increase the valuation by a reasonable amount: Players of Tevez's calibre, increse by approx 2.5m, Carrick 1m etc...

When 1/2 teams r left bidding, b very careful.You dnt have much space to manoeuvre then.

Another important thing is to play some of these guys when u r selling them.

If u find the bidders r unwilling to bid after uv raised the price too much, play a few games with these players and the then try again.

Thats the way i do it and usually works.Goodluk.

If u use 4-1-2-2-1, depending on the exact formation, you might not really need any CM but rather a couple of good DM. in which case u might want to consider selling all of yr cm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

Thank u. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lloris is the best young gk in the game behind the likes of Cech and Casillas, maybe Ochoa as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate.

Lloris or Ochoa? Cech and Casillas r out of my price bracket. Am in first season, in winter transfer and the board have not released all the cash I got from the sales I made at the start of the season.

Having around 19m but some of these will go towards recruiting young talent.

Besides am in the red!!! grrr

Lloris because he is younger and not South American so won't go missing.

I played Neville in the 1st season but then went and got Alves for £24m start of 2nd. Simpson has pace but apart from that that turn that well plus the fact he refuses to be tutored by anyone.

Silvestri or Alves best ones but you won't get them cheap.

I played Neville in the 1st season but then went and got Alves for £24m start of 2nd. Simpson has pace but apart from that he doesn't improve has much plus the fact he refuses to be tutored by anyone.

Originally posted by Bornlucky:

im starting a new game

man utd obv

but i need a bigger budget so i can get silva etc

who should i sell etc?

is he worth it?

thanks

Silva will cost £40m plus in the 1st season just start of the 2nd he has signed a new contract with a £31m release fee. Planning on getting him end of season.

Sell the likes of Silvestre, Fletcher, Park, Saha.

I played Neville in the 1st season but then went and got Alves for £24m start of 2nd. Simpson has pace but apart from that that turn that well plus the fact he refuses to be tutored by anyone.

thx. All of them out of my price range I think.

Just remembered that GNev getting back to full fitness. I fink will sell Brown anyway and have GNev and Simpson as RB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bornlucky:

im starting a new game

man utd obv

but i need a bigger budget so i can get silva etc

who should i sell etc?

is he worth it?

thanks

I wouldn't sell Park yet as he should provide cover for RM/RW if he comes back before the end of the season.

Certainly get rid of the rest. U can clear out the reserves as well.

Silva will cost £40m plus in the 1st season just start of the 2nd he has signed a new contract with a £31m release fee. Planning on getting him end of season.

Sell the likes of Silvestre, Fletcher, Park, Saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

okay thanks

who should i get atm then?

im trying to unsettle them but im not very good

thanks

Above all, Sakho and Saivet!! they are must buys!!!

Depending on which tactic u want to adopt will dictate who u can sell.

Clear out the reserves! thts shud bring in some cash. I allow my U18 to play reserve games which also means they get a lot more experience.

well im wantiing an attacking formation if poss

alredy got sakho (Y)

should i loan him or play in reserves?

im thinking of selling ferdinand to he's getting on abit so any ideas who i can replace him with?

i think im going to bring in klass jan huntlear (spelling)

oh and a rb miguel?

thanks

well im wantiing an attacking formation if poss

alredy got sakho (Y)

should i loan him or play in reserves?

im thinking of selling ferdinand to he's getting on abit so any ideas who i can replace him with?

i think im going to bring in klass jan huntlear (spelling)

oh and a rb miguel?

thanks

I wouldnt sell ferdinand yet, I kept the vidic/ferdinand partnership untill 2012 where i let ferdinands contract expire, he had been a backup for pique

Adonis - Awesome! I just checked my budget and even after spending my 70m I have 70m left! bloody brilliant, bring on the january transfer window :p How did you get Alves for 24m? He's really unhappy at Sevilla but they aren't letting him go, I even offered 35m, which is as high as I'm willing to go for a defender.

Bornlucky - Ferdinand is my defense's top performer in the third season, beating Vidic by a long shot. scored 3 goals in 5 matches and I'm not even having him mark the goalkeeper, he seems to be on fire. In addition to that he kept Adebayor busy for the entire Arsenal game, so he's by all means a player to keep. Klaas Jan Huntelaar is a class player, but you have to act fast as Inter will be swooping him up quickly.

vbmnu - Van der Sar can do the job perfectly in the first season, if you manage to win something in the season your budget will sky-rocket. Use the selling trick on fletcher and watch tottenham and newcastle offer 15m for him.

I bought Ochoa and Lloris in the start of the second season, Ochoa will be away a lot on international matches, but becomes very valueable halfway into the season (at which point he's better than Lloris) Lloris becomes a real beast in the third season. 5 matches and 3 cleansheets so far. Felipe isn't woth it...

My advice is to not spend ANYTHING in the first season, as your team is more than capeable of winning the prem. Then when you've managed to win something, be it league cup, fa cup, ECC or the prem. You'll have more money to shop for and can sell off the dead weight.

Calvin 08 - It depends heavily on the morale of your players, if they are deligthed you might see hatricks more often than not, but as for a tactic that works. The one Adonis uses is pure class and I'm a fan of Baz1's "My Tactic" which can be found here: http://www.getfiles.co.uk/uploads/My%20Tactic%201.tac

Arsenal are continuing their shocking form and have only lost one match, which was against me. I'm currently unbeaten with 2 draws which puts me just a point ahead of Arsenal, dangerous situation... Plus Anderson is injured for 2 months due to a really bad foul by norwegian side Viking in the Uefa cup (he hammered in 3 gols and we won 5-0 :x)

20m for Ferdinand? I'm sorry mate but you got screwed. Luckily Brown and Pique both have the ability to make up for Ferdinand, so you're not totaly screwed. Zapata is strong, but not fast enough. You need someone with the speed of ferdinand in the back. Garay always has a hard time getting a work permit for me...

:S

oh well i might start again im not doing so good

right from the start who should i sell & how much?

and from that who should i sign & how much etc?

i find it real hard to make much money from the 12mill you start will

it really frustrates me!

thanks

if you have to buy anybody at the start i would go for a additional striker, since the man utd squad is awesome. in my save i bought Goran Pandev from Lazio for around 13m, sold a few players from the reserve team.

To be honest, you don't need any signings in the first season except youth players like H.Saivet, M.Sakho and Y.Sankhare.

The squad has great depth in all positions except maybe upfront. Here i'd suggest bringing Bojan in, on loan from Barcelona for the season.

Of course everyone plays the game differently but personally I like to keep the team together. Probably due to be being a Man United fan icon_cool.gif.

Im midway through my 4th season now and my team looks like -

GK B.Foster/Ustari

DR Richards/D.Simpson

DL Evra/Bale

DC Ferdinand/Breno

DC Vidic/J.Evans

MC Carrick/M.Johnson

MC Anderson/T.Kroos

AMR Ronaldo/Giovani Dos Santos

AML Nani/Giovani Dos Santos

AMC Rooney/Tevez

ST Berbatov/Bojan

Now i have C.Cathcart, D.Wellbeck and F.Brandy in the reserves who will be integrated in to the first team soon. Cathcart is my replacement for Ferdinand and looking fantastic. Also, I have Pique on a buy back clause from Roma for when i need to replace Vidic. Then Saivet, Sakho, Thiago and Camacho are all out on loan for the season and will be pushing into the first team next season.

Having kept the majority of the team and bringing through the Man United youngsters we have still won the league 3x in a row, won 2x Champions league's, 2x FA Cups, 2x League Cups, A European Super Cup and 2 Club World Championships icon14.gif

Together with a bank balance of 111m !

Born Lucky: Well considering you did sell Ferdinand you should invest in a midfielder and an AMC called van der Vaart. Garay is too expenive so I'd go with Steven Taylor from newcastle, he's just as good as Rio and takes his place in the national team after a while. total cost should be around 20m if not lower.

But you really don't need any more players. Giggs and scholes are on the top of their game until season 2 and neville doesn't need a replacement before that time either. Tevez and Rooney are far good enough to win the prem (tevez is pure gold in 8.02, only Rossi scores more hatricks)

Try to get nordtveit (5-7m) and Sakho for the future, and ARturo Vidal is also quite a bargain.

okay thanks

ive asked my players around for "potential signings and this guy came up from vidic

i dont know wether any1s had any experiance with him ill send you the link to a) the scout report

b) his pa etc

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/tpandpoffthebiff/fm081.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/tpandpoffthebiff/fm08.jpg

im also hoping to get klass jan huntleer as lazio want 17mill for pandev :S

thanks

Keep on praising him every month then he will soon ask for a transfer. He was on the list for £27m but they accepted £24m.

Van der Vaart is very easy to unsettle you can get him for around £8-9m, also Mathias Fernandez is available for around £10m. Otherwise get some loans in I got Bojan in the 1st season, in my 2nd I have Banega, Higuain and Balotelli. Adriano is available for a knockdown price about £6m.

okay thanks

ive asked my players around for "potential signings and this guy came up from vidic

i dont know wether any1s had any experiance with him ill send you the link to a) the scout report

b) his pa etc

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/tpandpoffthebiff/fm081.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/tpandpoffthebiff/fm08.jpg

im also hoping to get klass jan huntleer as lazio want 17mill for pandev :S

thanks

Kuzmanovic is worth every penny, almost as good as Van der Vaart and gets better. Had the most assists in Europe second season, playing for Inter (they've got almost all the talent in the game!)

Just finished my 2011/2012 season which was a really succesfull one

Champions League - Won 2-1 Vs Real Madrid

Premier League - Won 18 Points Clear of Arsenal

League Cup - Won 4-1 Vs Liverpool

FA - Cup won 3-0 vs Arsenal

Community Shield - won 2-0 vs Arsenal

Euro. Super Cup - won 1-0 vs At. Madrid

Club World Champ - Won 8-2 vs Suwon

European Championship - Won 3-1 Vs Spain as England

Season 2012/2013

Transfers in

Fabregas - 17,25m + 11m after 40 goals

Iniesta - 26,75m

De Silvestri - 15,5M

Breno - 13,75M

Transfers Out

Nani - 24M - Juventus

Jonathan Evans 7,5m + 5m after 1 International Apperance - Tottenham

Cristiano Ronaldo 85m - Barcelona

Mascherano 28m - Roma

Only Sold CR7 Because i felt after 5 season i felt I needed to change tactic and the tactic i made didnt have any wingers in it, thought about retraining him as a amc since i allready got plenty of strikers, but then barca came with a offer I just couldnt refuse, used some of the money to get iniesta he is 28 though but still a wonderful player which can play a important part for atleast 4 seasons and will be a good tutor for the younger stars

First team squad is

1.Kameni

2. Micah Ricards

3. Evra

4. Breno

6. De Silvestri

7. Fabregas

8. Anderson

9. Agüero

10. Rooney

11. Messi

12. Bärkroth

13. Dos Santos

14. Iniesta

15. Vidic

16. Veloso

17. Saivet

18. Kroos

19. Pique

20. Bojan

21. Benzema

23. Lloris

26. Armand Traore

28. Jose Baxter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

Akinfeev

Kuszczak

Lehtovaara

Van Der Saar

Brown

Neville

O'Shea

Sakho

David Luiz

Ferdinand

Van Der Wiel

Vidic

Palomobo

Barragan

Simpson

Evra

Hargreaves

Carrick

Fletcher

Gibson

Krhin

Eagles

Nani

Park Ji-Sung

Ronaldo

Tevez

Giggs

Rooney

Aquino

Anderson

Buonanotte

Scholes

Campbell

Manucho

Saha

Cheers icon_smile.gif

Sell Kusczak, Carrick, Fletcher, Gibson, Park, Eagles, Manucho and Saha.

You will need to buy replacements for Giggs and maybe Scholes. Guardado, Fernandez, Silva best choice. Get a striker to help out Rooney and Tevez, Aguero is the man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should say those players coz I have currently got Fletcher, Park, Eagles and Saha on the transfer list. You'd be surprised how good Manucho is btw, has scored 6 in 11 games for me and Darron Gibson is turning into a real player. Carrick would be my hardest decision because he is soo consistent for me and always creates loads of assists. I'm also undecided if I should sell Kuszczak aswell coz he is really good back up for Akinfeev and will probably be my 2nd choice once Van Der Saar retires.

Anyone got anymore suggestions on who to get rid of and who to buy to bolster/improve?

Once I get rid of Saha I think I might splash out on your choice - Aguero but I would also like to try someone new because everyone on these forums mentions Aguero, Briand, Saviet etc.

Get Lloris has backup while he is still young much better than Kuszzak.

Manucho will never turn out great, average player. I sold Carrick because he is neither a DMC or a AMC so didn't fit into my setup.

Has for striker PAto? Benzema? Pazzini? Guilherme? Bojan? Barcelona have a couple of good striekrs if your playing with the new database..can't remember there names.

Well I just read that thread in the general discussion forum on Loris and he was getting slated left, right and centre. I play a 2-3-2-2-1 so Carrick fits in well as an MC for me but I think I will look to offload him soon. Quite fancy getting Toulalan as a replacement - looks sheer class. Anyone has any experience with him?

Archived