FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about bad losers . Just hammered Arsenal 4-1 in the FA Cup Final but in the process have lost Rooney, Ronaldo and Evra for the Champions League Final due to they thugs icon_mad.gif

Rooney only came back for that game after being out for a month as well

Season 3 going splendid so far. Won the community shield,won the league cup, I am on a winning streak of 22 games now, with 15 games on a row won in the league.

I'm facing Chelsea in the FA cup final and Poor opposition in the UEFA cup semi final (After beating Newcastle 7-0 on aggregate to get there)

I'm on track to win all competitions I've entered ^_^ The board are still disasitisfied with the fact that I failed to qualify for ECC last year ó_o

i have just started my second season, bought in daniel alves to replace neville, and giovinco as backup to nani (for now) tried aguero but went to real, couldnt afford what they paid. im very happy with my squad, got the young'uns, saivet etc pushing up, but i think i need a midfield partner for anderson

i have carrick and hargreaves, but dont think either is up to the task, and after looking at their PA, doesnt look like things are going to get better. who should i get?

should be able to do a defensive job, not as attacking as anderson.

is it possible to get fabregas?

Originally posted by lee_kendrick:

i have just started my second season, bought in daniel alves to replace neville, and giovinco as backup to nani (for now) tried aguero but went to real, couldnt afford what they paid. im very happy with my squad, got the young'uns, saivet etc pushing up, but i think i need a midfield partner for anderson

i have carrick and hargreaves, but dont think either is up to the task, and after looking at their PA, doesnt look like things are going to get better. who should i get?

should be able to do a defensive job, not as attacking as anderson.

is it possible to get fabregas?

Fabregas will cost you loads and you will be wasting his talent playing him has a defensive minded midfielder.

Get Veloso best DMC in the game. No more than £10m and sell Carrick, (I got £30m for him).

For Fabregas i managed to sign him at the end of the fourth season for 60m. Tried a lot before then and the price was closer to 90m so probably a no go in the second season.

Id suggest maybe M.Johnson from Man City if you want to stay English, otherwise M.Veloso, Toulalan, Bodmer or J.Martinez

I'm Man Utd at the beginning of Season 3. Neville is too old obviously and I've sold Brown and Simpson for £10mil a piece. Got arund £50mil to spend but want to spend at most about £30mil. Dani Alves has only just moved to Roma so he's a no go. And Barragan I'm getting at end of season off Barcelona due to his Minimum Transfer Clause.

Any options I should look at?

Originally posted by Mooono:

I'm Man Utd at the beginning of Season 3. Neville is too old obviously and I've sold Brown and Simpson for £10mil a piece. Got arund £50mil to spend but want to spend at most about £30mil. Dani Alves has only just moved to Roma so he's a no go. And Barragan I'm getting at end of season off Barcelona due to his Minimum Transfer Clause.

Any options I should look at?

Silvestri great young Italian or Sergio Ramos, otherwise Rafinha is a younger version of Alves.

Just decided to start a new game with Man Utd. but would like to get a few opinions 1st on a couple of things.

1) Should i play Hargreaves or Carrick in the middle with Anderson??

2) I've realised i prob need a new RB but have limited funds to start with so any ideas who to get???

3) Is Vidic any good???

Any advice would be great thanks

oh soz where might i find this off topic thread. which forum?

Originally posted by joeyt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

man utd are crap. did u see how they played against derby today. flukemasters

Comments like this belong in the OTF forum icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

oh soz where might i find this off topic thread. which forum?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

man utd are crap. did u see how they played against derby today. flukemasters

Comments like this belong in the OTF forum icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OTF forum- not thread

You'll find a Man U, Arsenal and many other interestin threads

Originally posted by JD 1984:

Just decided to start a new game with Man Utd. but would like to get a few opinions 1st on a couple of things.

2) I've realised i prob need a new RB but have limited funds to start with so any ideas who to get???

3) Is Vidic any good???

1) Personally, I like to rotate all 3 of the midfielders around so that they all get a fair few games. Don't forget that Anderson is only a young lad so maybe it may be sensible to play Hargreaves and Carrick together in the centre sometimes.

2) I believe that Neville is still solid, atleast for the 1st season but if you desperatly want to sign a new RB then you could look at Daniel Alves? I don't know how much he will cost though sorry, he may be out of the budget.

3) I love Vidic, he is my joint favourite CB in the game along with Barzagli, definetly do not sell, AC Milan bid £40mill for him on my save in August 07, I was going to reject it but the board accepted so he left, so there is always a chance of that happening but if the decision comes down to you then I definetly wouldn't sell him.

Hope this helped mate icon_biggrin.gif.

Originally posted by JD 1984:

3) Is Vidic any good???

1 - Home games = Carrick and Tough Away Games = Hargreaves

2 - Silvestri, or just use Brown and O'Shea like me.

3 - Open your eyes fool. He;s one of the best defenders on the game.

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jance:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

vbmnu - Van der Sar can do the job perfectly in the first season, if you manage to win something in the season your budget will sky-rocket. Use the selling trick on fletcher and watch tottenham and newcastle offer 15m for him.

I bought Ochoa and Lloris in the start of the second season, Ochoa will be away a lot on international matches, but becomes very valueable halfway into the season (at which point he's better than Lloris) Lloris becomes a real beast in the third season. 5 matches and 3 cleansheets so far. Felipe isn't woth it...

My advice is to not spend ANYTHING in the first season, as your team is more than capeable of winning the prem. Then when you've managed to win something, be it league cup, fa cup, ECC or the prem. You'll have more money to shop for and can sell off the dead weight.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but what is the selling trick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Offer around for £0 and put them on the transfer list, once teams are interested and have made their bids, reject them all and then offer around for £0 up front and whatever price you think is fair-aim high-over 24 months. That's how I do it and I sold Fletcher for £15m too as well as a load of others for ridiculously high prices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again for those who cba to read.

Just had to restart my Man Utd save as the other was currupt. Was at beginning of year 3 so had an idea of who to buy.

Wondering if this would be a good line up to aim for by end of season 2;

() Mean Back up.

GK - Usari (Akinfeev or Ochoa)

DR - De Silvestri (Alves or Barragan)

DL - Evra (Marcelo or Chiellini)

DC - Vidic (Pique or Breno)

DC - Ferdinand (Jonney Evans or Zapata)

DM - Hargreaves (Banega or Mascherano)

ML/AML - Guardado (Nani)

MR/AMR - Ronaldo (Nani)

AMC - De Guzman (Aguero)

ST - Rooney (Tevez or Torres)

ST - Aguero (Balotelli or Zarate)

Would this be a team worthwhile trying to build?

The usual £12 mil in the 8.0.2 version. I'm looking to buy youth and loan Bojan this year then spend bid next. I'll probably get about £30-40 mil off the board and then I'll sell all the bad players like Silvestre, Fletcher, Saha ect which should net me around £30 mil. So in total about £60-80 mil for beginning of season 2.

My 09/10 season has just finished and I won only the Premiership, I lost in the CL in 1/4 finals and League Cup and FA Cup in the Semi's. Here is a screenshot of my squad at the end of the season:

manutdendof0910dj5.jpg

And here is the league table:

premiership0910or0.jpg

My attacking football has been very good this season but I am having problems with my defence, as you can see from the league table I let in 48 goals in 38 games which I believe is unacceptable, teams like Sunderland have scored 4 against me but I don't know how to sort the problem. Any ideas? Should I sign some new defenders? If so, who?

Thanks in advance icon_biggrin.gif.

Did you get Aguero, Fernandez, Akinfeev and De Silvestri in different seasons? And how much did you pay for them?

Aguero and Akinfeev in 08/09 season, Aguero cost £30mill and Akinfeev cost £15mill. Fernandez at start of 09/10 season for £14.75mill and De Silvestri in January 2010 for £11.25mill icon_biggrin.gif.

Nice. One last question. Are Caccavallo, Ever Guzman, Buonanotte, Boruc, Criscito and Abarca good? Never heard of them.

As for your defence needs, try Zapata for CB and maybe Sakho or Marcelo for LB. Not sure about RB though.

My attacking football has been very good this season but I am having problems with my defence, as you can see from the league table I let in 48 goals in 38 games which I believe is unacceptable, teams like Sunderland have scored 4 against me but I don't know how to sort the problem. Any ideas? Should I sign some new defenders? If so, who?

its probably more a question of your media and pre match team talks mate rather than tactics..solid defenders for me have been fazio,and for RB-Diogo,hes classy.LB evra is the man and for backup-Drenthe real madrid

Thanks in advance .

Nice. One last question. Are Caccavallo, Ever Guzman, Buonanotte, Boruc, Criscito and Abarca good? Never heard of them.

As for your defence needs, try Zapata for CB and maybe Sakho or Marcelo for LB. Not sure about RB though.

You can make up your own mind on the players, they all are playing at the start of the game and are NOT regens, screenshots are below:

caccavallozf0.jpg

guzmantj1.jpg

buonanottemo9.jpg

borucbp3.jpg

criscitosg0.jpg

abarcaws0.jpg

It's funny you mention Sakho, because I have agreed to sign him on 1/07/10 for £19.5mill. Zapata and Marcelo have moved to other clubs so they are out of reach.

Tell me what you think of the players please icon_biggrin.gif.

Bornlucky - I'd say a striker is main priority, and you can usually Loan Bojan for the whole season if you pay all his wages. If not, Zarate for around £3.5mil is a good price and he usually sells for around £8mil after a good season.

Harryseaess - Only Criscito and Boruc look good in my game, but on yours, they look really good. Maybe its just the randomness of the game or you trained the REALLY well.

Bornlucky - I'd say a striker is main priority, and you can usually Loan Bojan for the whole season if you pay all his wages. If not, Zarate for around £3.5mil is a good price and he usually sells for around £8mil after a good season.

Harryseaess - Only Criscito and Boruc look good in my game, but on yours, they look really good. Maybe its just the randomness of the game or you trained the REALLY well.

Criscito is very good in most games and I don't even play Boruc he is my 3rd keeper (behind akinfeev and Foster), I only signed him last season on a free for a bit of cover.

I use the training regimes that are provided in the thread below:

Training Regimes

My current squad is below:

manutdstartof1011qu6.jpg

I have players like Saivet, Torje etc. in my reserves but I was wondering if anybody could suggest any improvements for my squad? I've got £142mill to spend.

Thanks in advance for any help, I will really appreciate it icon_biggrin.gif.

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

My current squad is below:

manutdstartof1011qu6.jpg

I have players like Saivet, Torje etc. in my reserves but I was wondering if anybody could suggest any improvements for my squad? I've got £142mill to spend.

Thanks in advance for any help, I will really appreciate it icon_biggrin.gif.

I have more pleasure in having a small (around 22 players) squad that is well tuned to the game. I like to think that my '2nd' squad is as good as my '1st' team. And to have my coffers bursting.

I have signed some of the players u suggested and Abarca looks good. Lookin forward to having him back from his loan.

I need a sugestion on my DM: I have Hargs and signed Hamzik-didn't think of Veloso when I did. In keeping with the spirit of the game I dnt want to go buy myself Veloso as well. I have Sankhare though and he is out on load.

What would be the best course of action? Sell Hargs or Hamzik and play Sankhare? Sell Hargs and Hamzik and get myself Veloso with Sankhare on the bench? Thx

Originally posted by Buhala:

i have a question and will be gratefull if some one answers me icon_smile.gif how to TUT a player how to put someone old to teach another 10x in advance :p

I have noticed that you can only tutor those youngsters who are hot prospects or backup to the first team.

Right clik the youngster and choose interact with player. In the interaction window it will give u the option to have the player tutored by an older player.

Originally posted by trebor1185:

I need a good backup attacking left back for Evra, any suggestions? Silvestre doesn't have good enough attacking attributes for my liking.

Also anybody ever had Saviola from Real Madrid, would he be good enough to be a backup to Aguero?

Have a look at Abarca, I have posted a screenshot a few posts up, he is qualtiy with the right training icon_biggrin.gif.

Never had Saviola, sorry.

Currently starting the 09/10 season with this squad:

GK: Akinfeev/Kay

DR: Alves/Hargreaves

DL: Evra/Sakho

DC: Ferdinand/Evans/Sakho

DC: Vidic/Evans/Sakho

MD: Veloso/Hargreaves

MR: Messi/Park

ML: Ronaldo/Quaresma

AML: Kaka/Anderson/Tevez/Messi

AMR: Van der Vaart/Anderson/Tevez/Messi

FW: Rooney/Tevez

First season (07/08), I won all of my competitions so I got a bunch of money from that.

Transfers In:

-Rafael Van der Vaart $13.25M

Transfers Out:

-R. Jones Loan

-G. Pique Loan

-D. Simpson Loan

-M. Lea Loan

-Kuszczak Loan

Second season (08/09), I lost the Community Shield 0-3 to Arsenal but then won the rest of my competitions.

Transfers In:

-Igor Akinfeev $20.5M

-Miguel Veloso $29.5M

-Ricardo Quaresma $29.5M

-Kaka $60M

Transfers Out:

-D. Fletcher

-M. Silvestre

-T. Heaton

-D. Simpson

-D. Gray

-W. Brown

-G. Pique

-J. O'Shea

-D. Fangzhuo Loan

-Nani

-B. Foster

-K. Lee Loan

-R. Jones Loan

-L. Martin Loan

-M. Carrick

Third Season (09/10) starting right now, haven't entered any competitions, I'm still in preseason.

Transfers In:

-M. Sakho $5.5

-L. Messi $45

-D. Alves $33.5

For tactics, I'm using a 4-1-2-2-1 formation

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trebor1185:

I need a good backup attacking left back for Evra, any suggestions? Silvestre doesn't have good enough attacking attributes for my liking.

Also anybody ever had Saviola from Real Madrid, would he be good enough to be a backup to Aguero?

Have a look at Abarca, I have posted a screenshot a few posts up, he is qualtiy with the right training icon_biggrin.gif.

Never had Saviola, sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers just had a look at him on my game looks like he could be a one for the future, think i'll sign him.

Anyone ever signed Guilherme? looks like he could be good signing only valued at £1.7m as well.

Trebor1185 - I'm glad he looks good in your game, I really reccomend you giving him a try. Guilherme is a great player, definetly sign him, will be woth loads more in the future icon_biggrin.gif.

On another note - Do you think I need a TM for my Man Utd side 4th season? I've currently got Tevez, Rooney, Aguero and a few youngsters, if you think I need a TM who should I sign? Original patch btw.

Archived