FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

I need help with a feature on my game:

I have Corry Evans playing for the U18 as he is still 17 but occasionally have him in my first team when am playing weaker opponents.

The problem is with my training schedule. I have setup a special training program for each role for my u18 and my first team. Whenever I move C.Evans from one category to the other, he goes back to the default training and stays on there until 'I have a look around the club'.

Any idea how to fix this? Also C.Evans has agreed a full time pro contract already.

thank you.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Season 2008/09 update

Another successful season winning the treble beating Man City in Carling Cup final 2-0 and Lyon in Champions Lge final 5-2. Finished well clear in the league above 2nd placed Man City. Thrashed Newcastle 5-1 in FA cup final plus the Euro Super Cup and World Club Cup.

Football Writers Footballer of the Year

1st - Rooney

2nd - Vidic

3rd - Ronaldo

PFA Player of the Year

1st - Anderson

3rd - MAthias Fernandez

Golden Boot

1st - Rooney 41

2nd - Vidic 33

UEFA Champions League Best Player

1st - Rooney

2nd - Vidic

3rd - Ronaldo

Goal of the Tournament

1st Mathias Fernandez

3rd Marchisio

My best 4 players:

1st Rooney

03172008215805kl1.th.jpg

2nd Vidic

03172008215857kx3.th.jpg

3rd Fernandez

03172008220132ax8.th.jpg

Future transfer plans:

Pique has been unhappy all year so will let him leave for the right price. Looking at Richards or Sergio Ramos has replacement. Tevez has become unhappy has he dislikes Fraizer Campbell...been very average has well when given the chance will sell him if i get a good price. Silva is tempting has a £31m minimum fee.

Originally posted by vbnmu:

I have Corry Evans playing for the U18 as he is still 17 but occasionally have him in my first team when am playing weaker opponents.

The problem is with my training schedule. I have setup a special training program for each role for my u18 and my first team. Whenever I move C.Evans from one category to the other, he goes back to the default training and stays on there until 'I have a look around the club'.

Any idea how to fix this? Also C.Evans has agreed a full time pro contract already.

thank you.

When not in your first team leave him in your reserve squad. Anyone in the under 18, no matter if they eligable for it or not will be forced into the youth training. ie, if you put a 30yr old in he will also be stuck on youth schedule.

Unfortunately, this means you cant swap them in and out without having to change the schedule unless you merely swap the player between first team and reserve team.

Also,why is it for John Own and Eddie Coulter-both scouts-you cannot choose Wales and Northern Ireland as their assignment location?

There is a existing default assignment on their respective countries but I tried to setup a specific one, looking for U20! I deleted the default one and now cannot send them back to their respective countries!!!

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

thank you.

When not in your first team leave him in your reserve squad. Anyone in the under 18, no matter if they eligable for it or not will be forced into the youth training. ie, if you put a 30yr old in he will also be stuck on youth schedule.

Unfortunately, this means you cant swap them in and out without having to change the schedule unless you merely swap the player between first team and reserve team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks xx11. Confirms what I had in mind-I was hoping there would be a solution to that. Its rather annoying as It slows the progress of my player when I forget to change the schedule!

Originally posted by vbnmu:

Also,why is it for John Own and Eddie Coulter-both scouts-you cannot choose Wales and Northern Ireland as their assignment location?

There is a existing default assignment on their respective countries but I tried to setup a specific one, looking for U20! I deleted the default one and now cannot send them back to their respective countries!!!

Probably because the leagues are not active, you can only scout the big countries even if they aren't loaded up.

Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vbnmu:

Thanks. I think am just gonna send them on a regional scouting mission! Was hoping to find some irish talent, 'a la Keane' or a future Giggs!!!

On a different note, anyone signed Gai Assulin and Thiago from Barca? They are turning good in my game after some more specific training and a few games in the 1st team!

Probably because the leagues are not active, you can only scout the big countries even if they aren't loaded up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, i'm in my first season and am having great difficulties getting rooney and tevez to play well. they've only got 8 goals between them so far this season and it now jan. and neither of them have been injured!! i'm playing them up front both with free roles and creative freedom at its maximum. can some one please help?

i'm second in the league its all going pete thong since the goals that were coming from all over the pitch (centre-halfs have 22 between them) have now started to dry up.

what individual player instructions would everyone recommend i give tevez and wayne???

should i just cut their free roles and drastically reduce their creative freedom? what has worked well for people in the past?

Damn the first post on this thread sucks. That needs to change asap. No decent info as to tactics and players to sign or sell!

But, I just got my copy today and after wasting about an hour looking through this thread, I have found Utd only need good targetman and maybe a versatile midfielder.

I'll keep ya'll updated. icon_biggrin.gif

Been a while since I posted here, had a few papers to do, but now it's vacation and I'm back on FM ^_^

This is why I think Giuseppe Rossi is by far the best striker in the game.

Fa Cup final against Chelsea, Dominating the entire match, yet the manage to score on few chances, Love that Italian, love him.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Canabary/GiuseppeRossi.png

This is a question for everybody in here. My computer broke recently and I lost everything, re-installed FM2008, and re-installed the 8.0.2 patch. What I find now is that Anderson has these PPMS:

Runs with ball through centre

Tries killer balls often

Winds up opponents

Argues with officials

Dictates tempo

And Paul Scholes has these:

Gets into opposition area

Tries to play way out of trouble

Dives into tackles

Tries long range passes

I don't understand that Anderson has dicates tempo and Scholes doesn't, when in my last 8.0.2 save games, it was the opposite way round. Could somebody post the exact PPMs for these guys on the 8.0.2 patch so I can modify them please?

Thanks alot.

Originally posted by Jaswarbrick:

This is a question for everybody in here. My computer broke recently and I lost everything, re-installed FM2008, and re-installed the 8.0.2 patch. What I find now is that Anderson has these PPMS:

Tries killer balls often

Winds up opponents

Argues with officials

Dictates tempo

Dives into tackles

Tries long range passes

I don't understand that Anderson has dicates tempo and Scholes doesn't, when in my last 8.0.2 save games, it was the opposite way round. Could somebody post the exact PPMs for these guys on the 8.0.2 patch so I can modify them please?

Thanks alot.

They probably got changed in the updated database that comes with 8.0.2. Ronaldo and Tevez have both been made crapper with 8.0.2 as well.

Originally posted by adonis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaswarbrick:

Tries killer balls often

Winds up opponents

Argues with officials

Dictates tempo

Dives into tackles

Tries long range passes

Thanks alot.

They probably got changed in the updated database that comes with 8.0.2. Ronaldo and Tevez have both been made crapper with 8.0.2 as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tevez is my second best striker, behind Rossi. Rooney is crap in my game, couldn't finish if his life depended on it.

Originally posted by Jaswarbrick:

Yeah, but should they have changed? Anderson doesn't dictate the tempo, but Scholsey does it every match. Why are they the opposite way round? It's really bugging me.

When you started a new game did you choose the same databse version has before? Maybe you chose a different one thats why they have changed?

Tevez was very hit and miss for me sold him to Real for £40m and brought in Aguero. Rooney is fab has scored around 120 goals in 2 seasons for me already, playing has a lone striker he smashes them in from everywhere, I always know how to motivate him using teamtalks.

Will post the star of my 3rd season update soon, I have spent big, big and big. Have managed to sell my 2nd choices players for vast amounts!!

Originally posted by pele10:

anyone having problems with scouting? i'm in season 14/15 and my scouts havn't found good players for 3 seasons

Don't think the scouts are the problem but there is a "bug" in long games where the regens are absolutely crap. Won't be fixed til fm09.

Start of Season 2009/10 update

This summer saw massive changes.

Transfers Out:

Giles Barnes - £20m

Nani - £30m

Marchisio - £30m

Tevez - £40m

Hargreaves - £20m

Ferdinand - £15m

Total: £155m

Transfers In:

Sergio Ramos - £33

Micah Richards - £24m

Aguero - £36m

Silva - £32

Javi Matinez - £25m

Have loaned out quite a few youngsters inc. Sakho and Saivet.

FA Community SHield vs Man City

03182008231558hn5.th.jpg

First league game of season vs Southend

03182008231711kh3.th.jpg

Followed by a 4-0 away win at Everton with Silva netting a hattrick.

UEFA Super Cup vs Aston Villa

03182008231856tr8.th.jpg

Squad:

03182008232018av2.th.jpg

Young regen in my 1st team squad:

Ludovic Grondin

03182008232129ke3.th.jpg

Has anyone had any good results against Chelsea, I can't seem to get any points or cup wins against them. I'm about to play against them for the 7th time this season, seem to get drawn against them in every cup, and my record is W1 D1 L4 so far this season. Usually end up with only 35-45% posession even at Old Trafford, i've beaten Arsenal and Liverpool every time this season which i don't usually do on FM.

So anyone else have this problem against Chelsea?

Also i've got the best defensive record in the league and have only lost 1 game so far (to Chelsea) so its a bit annoying when Chelsea score 2/3 goals every game against me.

In my 13/14 season ive played chelsea 27times won 19 drawn 6 and lost 2. so I have a quite good record against them, i usually have tackling on hard on all their attacking players and always have tight marking on them aswell

My third season was an instant success ^_^

.::Season 2009/10::.

Transfers:

In:

Andrea Pirlo £16.5m

Pitshou Gay £4.8m

Silva £30.5m

Leighton Baines £15.75m

Fabrizio Piccolo £4.7m

Daniel Alves £25.5m (finally)

------------------

Total: £98m

Out:

Lots and lots of freebies

Park £10m

Carrick £22.5m + clauses

Silvestre £5m

Brown £3.1m

---------------

Total: £40.5m

I also sent most of my promising youngsters on loan, with the exception of Sakho, Pique and Simpson who all frequented in the first team.

Awards:

World Player of the Year - C. Ronaldo (ManUtd)

World Footballer of the Year - Mexes (Roma)

European Defender of the year - Vidic (ManUtd)

English Footballer of the year - Rooney (ManUtd)

English Players player award - Rossi (ManUtd)

English Manager of the year - Me (ManUtd)

Players in team of the year - 10

Rooney, Rossi, Silva, Pirlo, Anderson, Ronaldo, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Lloris

World Cup Best Player - Giuseppe Rossi

World Cup Golden Boot - Giuseppe Rossi

World Cup Champions - France

World Cup Second Place - Portugal

World Cup Third Place - Italy

Team victories:

Premiership

FA Cup

League Cup

Euro Cup

Overall a very good season for the players and the team icon_smile.gif

Also a little surprise:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Canabary/Rio-TheLegend.png

Rio has been named a Legend xD

Originally posted by Rydo L:

adonis Excellent transfers mateicon_wink.gif How good was Marchisio for you cause i was thinking of buying him for my team. Cheers

He did ok tried to train him has an AMC. Got him end of 1st season for £5m. He has loads of potential but age isn't on his side, think he is 22 at start of game. Played him in the odd cup games and got him tutored by Scholes. But the offer I got was to good turn down, £25m profit in 12 months, not bad. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Who do you think are the best five goalies in the game?

They need to be fairly young in first season (26 tops)

Thanks

Akinfeev

Lloris

Ochoa

I would recommend those has I have had experience with them.

PP

just had one of my greatest come backs.

champions league semi final vs Arsenal

away leg 1st

lost 4-0 Arsenal's Pato bags a hatrick.. we just couldn't handle him

home 2nd leg

won 4-0 38 shots to 1 fantastic performance went through on pens icon_biggrin.gif

im 6 games in won all 6 conceded 1 and scored 16

i have a problem rooney and tevez both got injured (about 2 games in) so i played klass jan huntleer and bojan (on loan) in my 1st team

my problem is that bojan is the top scorer (6 goals and an av rating of 8.00) and jaan huntl.... has something like 5 with an av rating of 7.4-8

idk who to play b'cos i dont wanna change a winning side but i also dont wanna leave rooney and tevez out :S

help!

thanks

Originally posted by Bornlucky:

im 6 games in won all 6 conceded 1 and scored 16

i have a problem rooney and tevez both got injured (about 2 games in) so i played klass jan huntleer and bojan (on loan) in my 1st team

my problem is that bojan is the top scorer (6 goals and an av rating of 8.00) and jaan huntl.... has something like 5 with an av rating of 7.4-8

idk who to play b'cos i dont wanna change a winning side but i also dont wanna leave rooney and tevez out :S

help!

thanks

Do like Rafa? Rotate a lot? I'd say play Bojan a lot and praise him, that way he might be willing to sign for you next season icon_biggrin.gif (unless you already got him signed) I play with one lone striker and rotate between:

Rossi (who's on fire)

Rooney (who can't hit the goal)

Tevez (Who's nearly as good as Rossi)

Saivet (who's nearing Tevez)

Personaly though, I prefer Rossi so he plays most games.

As for people looking for a goalkeeper. If you do get Lloris make sure you get someone who's good at penalty catching aswell, such as Ochoa. I've noticed that Lloris does not know how to dive, and therefore never saves penalties. I play Lloris on the pitch and change him with Ochoa if the match seems to be going to penalties.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Hi all,

Just a question to you Man Utd regulars,

I'm playing as Valenica and Utd have just put a bid in of £10m +20% sell on clause + Tevez for Joaquin.

Just wondering what your experiences are with Tevez and how much he generally sells for start of 2nd season.

Cheers!

He normally costs about 35m i think. From my experiences he's really good. I played 5 season with Man United and he played regularly for me the whole way through. He used to average a goal every two games i think but did chip in with a lot of assists.

I'd accept it, i think he would work incredibly well with Villa.

Finally finished my first season .

Finished second in the league icon13.gif 6 points behind Arsenal . Lost only 2 games , away to Arsenal and away to Liverpool both games 2-1 after leading the games 1-0 . Had 10 draws which basically cost me the league .

Won the FA Cup beating Arsenal 4-1 in the final after Wenger had been slagging me big style icon_biggrin.gif

Beat Barcelona 4-2 on pens in the Champions League Final after a 2-2 draw (Saha equalised in the 91st min)

Only real blip was losing 3-0 away to Newcastle in the League Cup 3rd round after playing a week team which the board wasn't happy with .

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Yeah, even if he doesnt play(as I play one upfront and just splashed out £32m on Aguero) I could sell him on for profit I suppose, Joaquin was for sale anyway, think I'll accept and see how he plays as as AMC

If you want to play someone as an AMC play Aguero. He is better than tevez and is a natural at that position.

I like playing him in a AMC role in a 3-2-3-2

Originally posted by Sidnv:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Yeah, even if he doesnt play(as I play one upfront and just splashed out £32m on Aguero) I could sell him on for profit I suppose, Joaquin was for sale anyway, think I'll accept and see how he plays as as AMC

If you want to play someone as an AMC play Aguero. He is better than tevez and is a natural at that position.

I like playing him in a AMC role in a 3-2-3-2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate after all that effort bloody Joaquin declined the contract anyway so the deal fell through, nice one anyway

Originally posted by wigs7:

How does Giggs usually do in season 2?

Queiroz says he is finished but he got 31 assist's in 50 games in season 1 and his stat's don't seem to have gone down much .

Version 8.01

In my game he did great up until the new year, January to February time. Then his Physical Attributes declined a lot.

Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wigs7:

How does Giggs usually do in season 2?

Queiroz says he is finished but he got 31 assist's in 50 games in season 1 and his stat's don't seem to have gone down much .

Version 8.01

In my game he did great up until the new year, January to February time. Then his Physical Attributes declined a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one cheers

Hi all, recently started a game with utd on 8.02 patch, currently in january in 1st season. things are going v well. Unbeaten in 30 games i think n only lost to Chelsea in the Community Shield and sitting to off the table, semi final of League Cup, 4th round of FA Cup, 1st Knockout stage of Champions League

I havent bought anybody as yet, and am interested in Rafinha from Schalke to replace Gary Neville in the long run... i can buy him for 9.5 mil over 18 months, what would you do?? is he worth it??

help much appreciated.

Archived