FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

Originally posted by MD-Ronaldo:

Checkout this goal from Huntelaar in the Champions League vs Roma.

Scored from behind the halfway line. Haven't done that for a few years...

Put the file in your Matches folder which is In My Documents/FM2008/Matches

The select View Match on the main menu & you'll see it.

>>Download File<<

he never scores..lol this one is hilarious though, it is in the 6th minute so expect it coming.

Vidic

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm currently in my 2nd season boaght Thiago ( super player ) Defoe,Mika,Farfan Breno and some more in tha summer will come icon_smile.gif doing very well got everything beat Real Madrid with a goal from Giggs in the 94th minute with 3 added icon_smile.gif xax score was 2-2

Thought i would let everyone know how my man utd game is going.

My Team

1st Season Transfers

2nd Season Transfers Part 1

2nd Season Transfers Part 2

3rd Season Transfers Part 1

3rd Season Transfers Part 2

Premiership Table

Champions League

League Cup

FA Cup

Community Shield

This season hasn't been my best as i struggled to beat any team for the first half of the season but hopefully i can pull it around by winning some more trophies and strengthen my team further in the next transfer window.

Im currently in a bit of a dilema, I am in November 2008 and my strikers are currently Rooney, Aguero, Carew and Tevez with Saivet, Baxter and Torje making their way up the youth ranks.

So far this season I have played 17 games in all competitions, Carew has played 14 games, scoring 10 goals and assisting 6. Rooney has played 11 games, scoring 7 goals and assisting 3. Aguero has played 11 games, scoring 14 goals and assisting 2. Tevez has played 1 game, scoring 0 and assisting 0.

My dilema is whether or not I should sell Tevez? Last season he played 44 games in all competitions, scoring 24 goals and assisting 11. As I signed Carew and Aguero in the transfer window before the second season it has been hard for Tevez to get a game. Should I cash in on him in January? Should I keep him as a back-up? If I keep him as a back-up will he get annoyed?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks, harryseaess

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing with my current squad. I think its a bit bloated in places and weak in others. I play a 4-4-1-1 system with Aguerro normally as the AM and Rooney as FC. I'm mid way through season 3 and have 51m to spend.

GK. Akinfeev, Barbosa

DL. Felipe (retained), Silvestre, Fabio

DR. M.Torres, Pique (retrained)

DC. Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic

MC. Carrick, Hargreaves, Marchisio, Anderson, Lulinha

ML. Fernandez, Menez

MR. Ronaldo, Nani

AMC. Aguerro, Saivet

FC. Rooney, Adriano

Originally posted by willb24:

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing with my current squad. I think its a bit bloated in places and weak in others. I play a 4-4-1-1 system with Aguerro normally as the AM and Rooney as FC. I'm mid way through season 3 and have 51m to spend.

GK. Akinfeev, Barbosa

DL. Felipe (retained), Silvestre, Fabio

DR. M.Torres, Pique (retrained)

DC. Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic

MC. Carrick, Hargreaves, Marchisio, Anderson, Lulinha

ML. Fernandez, Menez

MR. Ronaldo, Nani

AMC. Aguerro, Saivet

FC. Rooney, Adriano

Move Pique to CB. Buy a RB and a LB-why sell Evra? He's the best defender. Sell Carrick or Hargreaves and move the flipping AM up front. Aguero is not a bloody AM and he never will be. Buy a new left winger too and move Fernandez to MC. Or just switch Anderson and Fernandez.

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

Carew over Tevez? Are you mad? Sell Carew.

But Carew is my TM? If I sell him I will have 3 similar players. What should I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buy a better TM. Why would you buy one like Carew? Asamoah Gyan, Amauri, Jo, Berbatov etc. etc. Unless you want a battering ram simply there to win headers in route one style. Gyan is still better for that. You could even go for Aaritalo, Iaquinta or Zigic.

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harryseaess:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

Carew over Tevez? Are you mad? Sell Carew.

But Carew is my TM? If I sell him I will have 3 similar players. What should I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buy a better TM. Why would you buy one like Carew? Asamoah Gyan, Amauri, Jo, Berbatov etc. etc. Unless you want a battering ram simply there to win headers in route one style. Gyan is still better for that. You could even go for Aaritalo, Iaquinta or Zigic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the advice, Carew just scored a hatrick against Spurs but the after the game I find out he is out for 3 months with a torn hamstring!

Hello, this is my 1st post on the manchester united forum, here is my team I am just about to begin 3rd seasonicon_smile.gif,

Gk: Foster,Akinfeev,Cameni and Van Der Sar

DR: Daniel Alves, Neville, Brown, Ignashevich and O shea

DL: Bale, Silvestre and Fabio

DC: Ferdinand, Vidic, Pique, Evans, Chester and Brown (Micah Richards on his way)

MR: Ronaldo, Nani, Ninis and Alex

ML: Giggs, Nani, Alex and Bale (ofcourse Ronaldo can just go there if needed)

MC: Hargreaves, Anderson, Scholse, Nasri, Defour, Marin, Riquelme (Cesc Fabregas on his way)

FC: Rooney, Tevez, Aguero, Amauri and Alex

I have had Banega,Rodriguez, Park ji sung, Evra but sold Banega for 65 M!!!, Rodriguez for 7.5M, Park for 4M and Evra for around 30ish...

Any suggestions were my team needs improving?

i had a look through a couple of pages but i cba going through them all. so i want to know who should i buy/sell/loan 1st season 10mil budget, does anyone have a list of the best youngsters on the game e.g. barkroth and dall valle and what staff i should release and what staff i should buy(to get 5 star training and stuff)

Originally posted by Powermonger:

I'm restarting my ManU game now due to the official patch but can't believe how poor the coaching staff are now, they seem even worse then before.

i had already sacked most of them.. the scouts, the youth coach, 1st team coach, coach, physio and the new fitness coach sucks.. im waiting for his contract to run out since the board will block the departure if i tried to sack him..

Originally posted by Powermonger:

Anyone got any recommendations on a good rotation striker to get to rotate in for Rooney/Tevez if they need a rest? From my last ManU game I really needed to get an additional striker at the start of the first season.

owen from newcastle for 9m. The man is fantastic.

blimey tanzeel, that team is amazing, but i do agree with morganho, you need to load some of them off. btw how is it working for u?how much are you paying them? i've got a suggestion though : all of your strikers are pacey, you need some variety and buy a lad like berbatov or ibrahimovich for example, who can be played as a target man, just for some different approaches to the attack you know?I don't know where Jo from CSKA Moscow plays in yours, but he's perfect for that role

Originally posted by Hitchy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

Anyone got any recommendations on a good rotation striker to get to rotate in for Rooney/Tevez if they need a rest? From my last ManU game I really needed to get an additional striker at the start of the first season.

owen from newcastle for 9m. The man is fantastic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely. He's my main striker and has scored 15 in 9 games. Amazing.

Originally posted by JawKam:

Rafinha would be better first choice. Also re-train De Silvrestri as LB so then he'll be able to operate both sides of the field icon14.gif

In no way is Rafinha a better RB than De Silvestri. He might be a better utility player then retrained as an AMR, but only as a defender, Silvestri is way better.

In my opinion he's the best RB prospect in the game besides Richards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

owen from newcastle for 9m. The man is fantastic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely. He's my main striker and has scored 15 in 9 games. Amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know! He just bangs them in for fun.

When I first signed him though the fans said that I had to prove he was worth signing. He got player of the year.

Now they say that about Breno. Hopefully he'll turn out to be just as good.

Originally posted by Tormented:

blimey tanzeel, that team is amazing, but i do agree with morganho, you need to load some of them off. btw how is it working for u?how much are you paying them? i've got a suggestion though : all of your strikers are pacey, you need some variety and buy a lad like berbatov or ibrahimovich for example, who can be played as a target man, just for some different approaches to the attack you know?I don't know where Jo from CSKA Moscow plays in yours, but he's perfect for that role

Thank you mate, and thanks for the suggestion but I have quit that file now Ive got the new patch and I am attempting to use more youth this time, players like Sam Hewson who is great and Banegaicon_smile.gifIl check out JO on the patch though!

Hi all some of you may remember me from the other united threads, so now that i am happy with the game i decided to start my united game.

Signings in

Aissati 10 mill - Abit more then a wanted to pay but was cheaper the the other players i liked. I felt i needed another winger, hes a wonder kid now and settled in quite well .

Aguero 25 mill - wow hes awesome hes better on this version him and rooney are forming a awesome partnership, i play him behind rooney in attcking mid.

Rafinha 11.5 mill - I wanted alves but his price put me off. Singed rafinha instead as logn term replacemeant for neville and but hes been keeping him out the team.

Breno - 6.5 mill Coming in januray i dont really need him at the min but he looks promising and didn't want to miss out on him,

Players out

saha -10 mill i was happy to sell him i only play 1 up front and felt i didn't need him.

Silvest 3.7 with plenty of cover in defence didn't feel like i needed him

Fletcher 12.5 looks good but with plenty of other options in his postion was happy with the money.

also sold some youngsters who i didn't think cut it.

egales 3.2 mill

dong 1.5 mill

martin 1.7 mill

bardsley 2 mill.

In november so far things are going well. Won all out games in the league and playing good football. Beating chelsea 4-1 away best result so far. Lost to newcastle in league cup 3rd round but wasnt too botherd even though board was. And safely through the next round of champions league.

My team as of the charity cup 2007 (Beat Chelsea 3-4):

FIRST TEAM SECOND TEAM

GK : Van Der Sar Kusczak / Foster

RB : Lorenzo De Silvestri (7 Mil) G.Neville / Wes Brown

LB : Evra M. Sakho (Free, compansation tho')

DC1 : Rio Ferdinand Pique

DC2 : Vidic J. Evans

RM : Ronaldo Eagles

LM : Giggs Nani

MC1 : Carrick Hargreaves / Banega (2+ mil)

MC2 : Anderson Scholes / Lulinha (2+ mil, coming 2008)

FC1 : Tevez Saivet (Free, compensation tho')

FC2 : Rooney Saha

Outs : Silvestre and trying to sell off Fletcher and O'Shea.

Ins : Besides the ones mentioned above, trying to get Bojan (keeps rejecting the contract). Possibly Marcelo in Jan if i can sell off the two above. Also looking for another aerial striker to give competition to Saha.

Basically not much changes except those forced on by injuries. Prefer to buy in youth.

Appreciate any comments that you can give. Thanks.

You think so?

I tend to play the youths when i can. Eg if the senior RB was unavailable then i would choose Simpson. Sakho for LB, Pique or Evans for CB.

I like to think of it as an opportunity for them to train with the regular first teamers as well as to see what they can do. Part of their training by giving them playing time and not just wait for league cup games, at least in my head anyway. So basically, even with injuries etc, my choices tend to end up with O'Shea, and Brown for that matter, not to play much.

On the other hand, guess what you said made sense. I.e. play someone with the capability now rather than potential ability. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by wizkid:

Where's the regulars btw? Crazy and co?

Havent spoken to gra in a while but I dont think he has the game yet, and last time I did talk to him he didnt intend to get it iirc. Many of the regulars left after the Off Topic thread was closed.

played 26 won 26 scored 59 conceded 9

in the league so far icon_smile.gif

i sold a few more players in januray to keep the finances good.

park 5.5 mill

simpson 2 mill or so

campbell 1.4

Hows tevez playing for others, he seems a bit hit and miss for me. He hasn't really had a run of games me though, i dont liek breakign up the rooney aguero partnership.

Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wizkid:

Havent spoken to gra in a while but I dont think he has the game yet, and last time I did talk to him he didnt intend to get it iirc. Many of the regulars left after the Off Topic thread was closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*cough*

Andrew i reacon you sign bolton man Anelka his been scoring a few irl at the moment as well

Haha very funny. It's actually quite pathetic that you'd come in here to say that. Learn to spell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheps.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wizkid:

Havent spoken to gra in a while but I dont think he has the game yet, and last time I did talk to him he didnt intend to get it iirc. Many of the regulars left after the Off Topic thread was closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*cough* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who are you? icon_confused.gif

You got the new patch yet matey?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheps.:

*cough*

Andrew i reacon you sign bolton man Anelka his been scoring a few irl at the moment as well

ha sort your life out?!

Haha very funny. It's actually quite pathetic that you'd come in here to say that. Learn to spell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived