Fix the Financial Damage

So, I have a required goal to help fix the financial damage at the club. 

Realistically, what I’d expected of the manager in cases like this?

I’m deep in non league and the club is massively in debt. Players have no transfer value, so I can’t sell valuable players to help, and even if I had $0 wage budget it wouldn’t solve their problems. 

any ideas?

There are some things you can do (and shouldn't do)

• Free loans! Look a league or two above you and find them yourself. Scouts are not required, since you can trial almost all of them. This depends heavily on your reputation and infrastructure. 
  • Friendlies: At the start of the season, plan a friendly every 3-4 days with teams above your league. Surely, you will lose, but to compensate, plan a game against a much weaker team to finish pre-season and you'll be fine. This can give you around 100k. 
  • Senior affiliate: Free loans and a friendly game are included in this one. Moreover, they might pay you 50k annually. 
  • Stay under wage budget. The game's calculations go beyond me, but you can't do anything else regarding finances. 
  • Contracts: Don't hand them out willy nilly. Stay away from wage rises, appearance fees and long contracts. Instead give them bonuses that will help you club. Look at what your best player makes and see how your candidate competes. My personal rule: My striker is my top earner. Look for free agents at the end of the season by trialing them all. How? Go to league view of your desired league (e.g. Premier League), go to transfers, released players and enjoy! Tip: send them all to your U18 team, since it will mess up your training (which is already terrible to begin with). 
  • Selling players: Add a friendly + next transfer share (Forgot the name) and that's about it. It's wishful thinking, but it can work
  • Don't delegate any signings: At this level youth is not worth it, so why need staff? Surely, you can invest in the structure if you have the money. However, there is an extreme low probability that you'll find a youth player good enough to be brought to the Championship when you're in the Vanarama.  

4 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

There are some things you can do (and shouldn't do)

• Free loans! Look a league or two above you and find them yourself. Scouts are not required, since you can trial almost all of them. This depends heavily on your reputation and infrastructure. 
  • Friendlies: At the start of the season, plan a friendly every 3-4 days with teams above your league. Surely, you will lose, but to compensate, plan a game against a much weaker team to finish pre-season and you'll be fine. This can give you around 100k. 
  • Senior affiliate: Free loans and a friendly game are included in this one. Moreover, they might pay you 50k annually. 
  • Stay under wage budget. The game's calculations go beyond me, but you can't do anything else regarding finances. 
  • Contracts: Don't hand them out willy nilly. Stay away from wage rises, appearance fees and long contracts. Instead give them bonuses that will help you club. Look at what your best player makes and see how your candidate competes. My personal rule: My striker is my top earner. Look for free agents at the end of the season by trialing them all. How? Go to league view of your desired league (e.g. Premier League), go to transfers, released players and enjoy! Tip: send them all to your U18 team, since it will mess up your training (which is already terrible to begin with). 
  • Selling players: Add a friendly + next transfer share (Forgot the name) and that's about it. It's wishful thinking, but it can work
  • Don't delegate any signings: At this level youth is not worth it, so why need staff? Surely, you can invest in the structure if you have the money. However, there is an extreme low probability that you'll find a youth player good enough to be brought to the Championship when you're in the Vanarama.  

These are awesome tips, thank you!