Scouting budget issue

There is a checkmark box regarding Keeping reports up to date (or Similar). Untick it. Unfortunatly I'm away from my PC ATM, so I dont know exactly where it is or what it is actualled labelled, but you should find it in the scouting section, above the reports.

On 17/12/2023 at 16:55, KillYourIdols said:

There is a checkmark box regarding Keeping reports up to date (or Similar). Untick it. Unfortunatly I'm away from my PC ATM, so I dont know exactly where it is or what it is actualled labelled, but you should find it in the scouting section, above the reports.

I cannot find that checkbox/

Found it, but even un-checked, after first month the scouting budget was consumed. And I only scouted as the scouting package allowed. When I am taking players on trial I select the biggest scouting package, I take the players on trial then I change back to my allowed scouting package without clicking continue button to pass any day. What could be the cause for this quick finish of the scouting package ? Maybe I am doing something else wrong? I usually scout a player for two weeks, but..I am not sure how long actually the scout spends on him to scout.

you don't need to change the scouting package for trials.  My current save I am not doing any scouting but can bring in as many players as I know on trial.

Scouting package should just limits where you can scout.  Has nothing to do with trials etc.

On 27/12/2023 at 05:06, Jellico73 said:

you don't need to change the scouting package for trials.  My current save I am not doing any scouting but can bring in as many players as I know on trial.

Scouting package should just limits where you can scout.  Has nothing to do with trials etc.

If I select a higher scouting package, I get new players available. If I change back to my allowed package, those players are not displayed anymore. I think you can only see players depending on the package you have set.

On 26/12/2023 at 09:52, bitzu_rock said:

When I am taking players on trial I select the biggest scouting package, I take the players on trial then I change back to my allowed scouting package without clicking continue button to pass any day.

Well, you chose the biggest scouting package that costs several hundred thousand a month. That's your 240k gone.
A few years ago, it was possible to cheese the game like this without paying, because the game checked to see if the package had been selected only at the end of the month. However, this has been fixed and now you have to pay for each month you used it.

5 hours ago, bartex55 said:

Well, you chose the biggest scouting package that costs several hundred thousand a month. That's your 240k gone.
A few years ago, it was possible to cheese the game like this without paying, because the game checked to see if the package had been selected only at the end of the month. However, this has been fixed and now you have to pay for each month you used it.

But I did not advanced any day in the future when selecting that package. Just select it, selected players for trials, selected back my allowed package and only then advanced in the game.

Just now, bitzu_rock said:

But I did not advanced any day in the future when selecting that package. Just select it, selected players for trials, selected back my allowed package and only then advanced in the game.

I saw on youtube videos that this is still working...at least that's what it was said...

• 1 month later...

i think ive found the root of this annoyances. Posted my answer in this thread.

EDIT: False alarm, my assistant manager is still doing his thing and spending my scouting budget.

Edited by lilljons