Maximum 2 non eu players allowed in La Liga.

I am playing Barcelona and for the season 34/35 and it was just  announced that the maximum amount of non eu players will be decreased from 3 to 2. This will force me to sell a non eu player. One thing is that I find such a change very weird, another thing is that it also seems very un logical considering that Spain is considered a gateway for many southern american players. 

Has anybody else experienced this or is this an unfortunate "bug" in the game? 

8 hours ago, coppicat said:

I am playing Barcelona and for the season 34/35 and it was just  announced that the maximum amount of non eu players will be decreased from 3 to 2. This will force me to sell a non eu player. One thing is that I find such a change very weird, another thing is that it also seems very un logical considering that Spain is considered a gateway for many southern american players. 

Has anybody else experienced this or is this an unfortunate "bug" in the game? 

Are you sure that it's not the maximum amount of non-EU players in the matchday squad that is changing? Because currently, you can have 5 non-EU registered for the team, and only 3 in the matchday squad.

It's all part of Spain transitioning to focus more on Spanish/European players, given they previously had a tendency to bring in lots of South American players and, like a number of other European countries, didn't do as great a job with ensuring their own nationals got to a high level to benefit the national team.

Even so, it's not a massive issue - you bring in great 18 year old South American players, let them play either in the B team, with another Spanish club, or in your 1st team if they're that good, and after 2 years they'll hopefully take Spanish citizenship and won't count against the limit anymore.

• 1 month later...