League has not finished in time when using playoff

MattiasD

Hi!

I have a problem with validating a division in advanced rules. I have narrow it down to the playoff because if I only use promotion places there is no error.  The error is in division 09 and it says "Division 09 has not finished in time for the season update day 31/12/2023 (Not all stages have been created)"

All leagues ends 1/9/2023 and end of season is 20/12/2023 and season update day is 1/1/2024 so all teams should have plenty of time before end of season.

Can someone please take a look and try to see what i have done wrong or what I have missed.

Test.fmf

Edited by MattiasD

As long as the last league is veryfied then the game will work . If you use the Verify all or just choose the league 9 then it wont . So veryfy the last league only . Run it in the game and test it there . 

Edited by alian62

1 hour ago, alian62 said:

Run it in the game and test it there . 

IMO it's better to test in the editor. Not only does it simulate significantly faster, but it gives you much more information and makes it easier to figure out what's going wrong.

@OP Looks like Division 9 has some weird dependency on Division 10 to be running too. Tested it with both divisions running and it worked fine. Tested with just Div 9 running and the relegation playoff won't ever setup. I tried playing with the Requirements, but it seems like it won't setup even if removing all the Div 10 requirements. Having no Requirements at all will just cause it to try to setup too early before teams have qualified and still not work. Not sure how to solve it.

Do you know any competitions with a similar setup? ie. a parent competitions that draws teams from its child competitions as well ad a lower division for a playoff? If you do, have a look at those and see what they do differently. I can't think of any parent competitions that do that, only standalone ones, and your standalone one, the Premier League, already runs normally without an issue.

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Do you know any competitions with a similar setup? ie. a parent competitions that draws teams from its child competitions as well ad a lower division for a playoff? If you do, have a look at those and see what they do differently. I can't think of any parent competitions that do that, only standalone ones, and your standalone one, the Premier League, already runs normally without an issue.

Thank you for your help. I did the same in FM22 (see attached file 2022) with no error. I have also attached my real file for FM24 (see attached file 2024) and almost all my division have the same error. Division 23 had no issue with the validation and the playoff has 71 teams.

2022.fmf 2024.fmf

It looks like for this editor some changes have been in terms of efficiency of testing files, but also some 'open' ends have been closed. This means files need to be tidier than previous editors allowed.