Changing Club World Cup format

hagedisboy

I use a lot of editor data in my saves but there's one download that I would like that I can't find anywhere on the internet sadly. I don't like the Club World Cup format from 2024 onwards and want to keep it the same as it always has been with 7 teams held in December. Or I'd even rather there would be no CWC at all than have it the new way. I have never used the editor though, I'm playing around a little right now, I've watched some videos on Youtube but I don't understand how I can change the rules and implement it in my new save. Can anyone tell me how to do it, or if that's too complicated, just tell me if it's easy or not or even how I can remove the CWC from the game?

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

There was a version for the older format in either FM23 or FM22, you can check the downloads and then load it in the editor to give yourself an idea what to do.

Do I need to reinstall the editor for said game? I suppose I can't load it in the FM24 editor?

1 hour ago, hagedisboy said:

Do I need to reinstall the editor for said game? I suppose I can't load it in the FM24 editor?

Yes you can put it straight into the fm24 editor. Then verify the files by clicking test rules. If it verifies you can use it in fm24, if it doesn't you'd have to find the reason why it failed to verify. 

I have a 6 team CWC on fm23 (I removed the host nation and just had the 6 continental winners). 6 team club world cup - fm23

@themodelcitizen has some incarnations of the CWC as well.

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

Someone said my FM23 ones were working on FM24 but I'd take a good look at the rules first, including dates, and run a multi-year test etc. The 7-team versions run 3 out of the 4 years in a cycle, so the 32-team version could be scrapped and one of the 7-team versions duplicated for 2025.

The extent of the changes I made for a 32-team version are no longer needed given that they implemented it in the game, but it sounds like the preseason fitness issue is STILL going on? (really, SI??) In which case I might do a more simplified change that just moves it up a couple of weeks and instantly makes it, you know, actually playable

1 hour ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Yes you can put it straight into the fm24 editor. Then verify the files by clicking test rules. If it verifies you can use it in fm24, if it doesn't you'd have to find the reason why it failed to verify. 

I have a 6 team CWC on fm23 (I removed the host nation and just had the 6 continental winners). 6 team club world cup - fm23

Thank you so much, you have made my day!