Question about training intensity/rest

I'm currently in an online save and have a strong XI but rather weak bench players.

To combat this I've setup resting/intensity like this:

image.thumb.png.e417ff57825194df4cc41e1ad92da4de.png

Most injuries I get now happen during matches, very few injuries occur during training. This only seem logical since my best players rarely are fit enough to train (EPL+cups+CL).

I don't know much about how this will affect development of my best players, many of which are 20-23 (still developing). My players seem to develop a little, but don't have anything to compare it to. Am I stifling the ability development of my starting players for short term sporting results, or will they still develop at an decent rate?

I know EBFM have a lot of videos on training, and I've seen a few but can't remember if this was addressed.

2 minutes ago, lied90 said:

I'm currently in an online save and have a strong XI but rather weak bench players.

Most injuries I get now happen during matches, very few injuries occur during training. This only seem logical since my best players rarely are fit enough to train (EPL+cups+CL).

I don't know much about how this will affect development of my best players, many of which are 20-23 (still developing). My players seem to develop a little, but don't have anything to compare it to. Am I stifling the ability development of my starting players for short term sporting results, or will they still develop at an decent rate?

I know EBFM have a lot of videos on training, and I've seen a few but can't remember if this was addressed.

I do much the same. If it has a marginally diminishing effect on development, I think that is offset by the reduction in injuries. I'm assuming this is for your first team squad; an Under 18s schedule where the focus is more on training than playing competitive matches would be different.

1 hour ago, lied90 said:

I find overplaying players is one of the easiest ways to hamper development. You'll need to rotate across that many competitions, even with reduced training schedules. 

Add "Fatigue, Matchload, and Injury Risk" to your selection view, those will be good indicators of who you need to rest. If a player gets "in need of a rest" you've left it too late already. 

If you're getting injuries, one of the best fixes is just to get more/higher quality physios. 

Edited by Cloud9

Seen some streamers that put double intensity, on the most right segment. I can not do this, After 2 weeks or so, there are lots of injuries.
Even if I rest the players that were playing, the day after.

1 hour ago, lied90 said:

So one guy saying it has minimal to no impact on development, another one saying it will reduce development (because of overplaying).

I don't think so, @phnompenhandy is commenting on tailoring the rest/intensity, which I agree on as being a good idea.

I'm commenting on overplaying players. If you're in the League, Domestic Cups, and Champions League with 11 players to rely on (and young players at that) there will be a negative impact on their growth.

In my own experience, if you're just relying on a strong starting 11 that can get you through the league itself with good management/training schedules and rotations etc. Usually I'd bin the cups if I ended up in that situation.

I would look at how you're recruiting if you're in the Champions League with such a small squad. Setting up your own scout networks can be beneficial in finding bargain players. Having players trained to multiple positions can also help if you want a club culture around a small squad. I remember Gabriel Menino being one of the cooler players in FM on previous versions since he could play just about everywhere. 

Edited by Cloud9

15 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

I don't think so, @phnompenhandy is commenting on tailoring the rest/intensity, which I agree on as being a good idea.

I'm commenting on overplaying players. If you're in the League, Domestic Cups, and Champions League with 11 players to rely on (and young players at that) there will be a negative impact on their growth.

In my own experience, if you're just relying on a strong starting 11 that can get you through the league itself with good management/training schedules and rotations etc. Usually I'd bin the cups if I ended up in that situation.

I would look at how you're recruiting if you're in the Champions League with such a small squad. Setting up your own scout networks can be beneficial in finding bargain players. Having players trained to multiple positions can also help if you want a club culture around a small squad. I remember Gabriel Menino being one of the cooler players in FM on previous versions since he could play just about everywhere. 

I see. I try to rotate in early cup rounds, and easy CL rounds (vs scandinavian teams etc). In the league I just can't rotate at all, even vs relegation teams.

I have potato players who can play in several positions. DMs who can CB, wingbacks who can play on both sides, and strikers who can play out wide. 

It's a 30 man save so abusing cheap wonderkids/bargain players isn't very easy because everyone does the same thing = those players are no longer cheap.