Trying to create a tactic that is based on position switching

image.thumb.png.07f37ebccc13c6c5aba300b51ed0a949.pngimage.thumb.png.07f143e1e4ee3b8d6a9bbb9947a7be5d.png

After having played for many years using the almighty 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 I decided to play around with a new tactic. I'm trying to take advantage of the new roles and the ones I've not used before such as IWB. I believe the new system allows for more efficient position switching between players.

I've been working on familiarity first. We've had some early success playing really solid football against the top teams in serie A. Most of the time we end up drawing by losing a goal in the last 20 minutes. I try to sign players with high determination but I honestly put the blame on the tactic being very attacking and vulnerable to counter attack. For the first time in my FM career I try to set up a tactic that would simply let me score more than the other team.

Any ideas where to improve? I like the idea of having an usual tactic.

The idea I just came up with:

- change right back to IWB on support instead of defend so that they sit a bit higher next to Ederson

- change DM(s) to Half back so that he drops deeper between CBs to form a 3-at-the-back

in my mind 3 at the back would provide better cover against counter attacks.

Edited by szymunk

• szymunk changed the title to Trying to create a tactic that is based on position switching