How do I stop this?

No matter what instruction I set my players everytime we attack the player involved takes the ball out wide, and then crosses in, I mean the box can be clear, a good run in and shoot, however "everytime" the player involved takes it wide (even when I tell them not to).

I couldn't believe it when I watched a player run around the outside of the box (almost like following the line) from extreme left into the centre back accross to the right only to cross it back to my forward who never win's 1:1 anyhow!

What more can a manager do then give individual instruction and it is not followed, it seems the AI wan't to go wide only to cross back in to where they just came from, very frustrating.

I have noticed this is more common with the 4-4-2 tactic, I seem to have more luck with 4-3-3 and my deduction is that I am not using AML or AMR only three MC, your thoughts?

No matter what instruction I set my players everytime we attack the player involved takes the ball out wide, and then crosses in, I mean the box can be clear, a good run in and shoot, however "everytime" the player involved takes it wide (even when I tell them not to).

I couldn't believe it when I watched a player run around the outside of the box (almost like following the line) from extreme left into the centre back accross to the right only to cross it back to my forward who never win's 1:1 anyhow!

What more can a manager do then give individual instruction and it is not followed, it seems the AI wan't to go wide only to cross back in to where they just came from, very frustrating.

I have noticed this is more common with the 4-4-2 tactic, I seem to have more luck with 4-3-3 and my deduction is that I am not using AML or AMR only three MC, your thoughts?

Check that the creative freedom of your wingers/side midfielders aren't too high and have 'cross ball' and 'cross from' set as mixed - well, that's what worked for me.

If their cf is too high, they'll just do what they want - I think ;)

Check that the creative freedom of your wingers/side midfielders aren't too high and have 'cross ball' and 'cross from' set as mixed - well, that's what worked for me.

If their cf is too high, they'll just do what they want - I think ;)

Yes I think you might be onto something there I am playing as Arsenal and that might be it. I prefer 4-4-2 but that tactic sucs in 09 I seem to get more success with 4-3-3 only down side is my excellent AML and AMR players don't like palying MC roles (did I just state the obvious? LOL) anyways will try what you say.

thanks

Archived