Early Retirement Payout

Interesting indeed. I'd try to calculate that but it depends on how many months were left in Kane's contract.

Even so, like in any insurance, it all depends on the levels of coverage and premium agreed for the specific insurance plan, and these can vary widely. I'd also guess that the law varies by country and league.

It essentially covers (fully or partly, again it depends) losses suffered by the club caused by the early retirement: player salaries (in their turn, negotiated in the player's contract), sponsorships, incidentals, etc.

Good post!

4 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Interesting indeed. I'd try to calculate that but it depends on how many months were left in Kane's contract.

Even so, like in any insurance, it all depends on the levels of coverage and premium agreed for the specific insurance plan, and these can vary widely. I'd also guess that the law varies by country and league.

It essentially covers (fully or partly, again it depends) losses suffered by the club caused by the early retirement: player salaries (in their turn, negotiated in the player's contract), sponsorships, incidentals, etc.

Good post!

he had 6 months with an option for 1 more year. I'd have thought it'd be something closer to the transfer value or at least in the millions considering his value and contract and status in the game. That's what I think the insurance would be paying out is loss of transfer value more so than coverage for wages (which would be in the event of an injury from international duty for instance.