Creating a tactic - help with team instructions please

Hey! So I could really do with some help when it comes to team instructions. For months I have been watching and reading various different things on how to create a tactic and I feel like I have formation, roles and player instructions nailed however team instructions is where I begin to fail. 

I understand each one and what they can do however I struggle to choose what team instructions would work best for my team and get the best results for the team I am currently managing. 

can anyone provide any help, or guides/videos that will allow me to get better when it comes to picking team instructions. (Not what each one does but but how to choose ones that will fit my tactic and team) 

A good rule of thumb would be to base your tactic on a preset style.

Let's say you want to create a high pressing tactic where your best players are the left wing back and the right winger. You load up the Gegenpress style and take a look into the TI and player roles. Then, you change the roles to get the best out of your two star players (e.g. CWB/a and IF/a) and then adapt some of the TI to encourage some movements involving those two players (e.g. "Focus play down the left", "Run at defence", or "Pass into space").

On 22/12/2023 at 11:02, MJXTactics said:

Hey! So I could really do with some help when it comes to team instructions. For months I have been watching and reading various different things on how to create a tactic and I feel like I have formation, roles and player instructions nailed however team instructions is where I begin to fail. 

I understand each one and what they can do however I struggle to choose what team instructions would work best for my team and get the best results for the team I am currently managing. 

can anyone provide any help, or guides/videos that will allow me to get better when it comes to picking team instructions. (Not what each one does but but how to choose ones that will fit my tactic and team) 

I like to keep it simple and use as few TIs as possible.