A striker question

33 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

In a 433 where you have your wingers as IFa, which of the following striker roles would create most opportunities for my inside forwards? PFa, PFs or AF ?

I think the answer in short is PF(S).

27 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Thanks. And if you compare PFs with CFs or CFa ?

I think its the same as CF will create chances for others too but its a little bit more goalscorer than PF(S).

Edited by dzek

Il 23/12/2023 in 10:15 , ThomasHK1979 ha scritto:

In a 433 where you have your wingers as IFa, which of the following striker roles would create most opportunities for my inside forwards? PFa, PFs or AF ?

Honestly depends.

Are you building just fine even without the forward and your wingers are really technical?

I'd go with a poacher.

Are you having issues building up or your wingers need space to exploit? Any role that drops into the midfield would work(F9, CF, DLP, Trq).

Hate using an AF in a 433

8 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

Honestly depends.

Are you building just fine even without the forward and your wingers are really technical?

I'd go with a poacher.

Are you having issues building up or your wingers need space to exploit? Any role that drops into the midfield would work(F9, CF, DLP, Trq).

My target is to get my wingers to score, assist and get as high ratings as possible. 

31 minuti fa, ThomasHK1979 ha scritto:

My target is to get my wingers to score, assist and get as high ratings as possible. 

Yeah we all want that but it's different playing with a technical player or a runner.

First one might want the ball on his feet, the second might want it passed into the space in front of him...

Edited by Andrew Marines

I've had the best luck with either target forward or dlf. Attack usually works better than support, when using those roles, if you want them playing the assisting pass. Support works better for building up in midfield but you'd need a 10 or really advanced midfielder to make the final pass. 

I find it the PPM "does not move into channels" really helps the DLF unless he happens to have really good crossing. 

Currently I'm using a raumdeuter at AML, AM(A) at the AMCR, IW(S) at the AMR, and a DLF(A) offset to the right, usually the striker still leads in goals but the RMD is not far behind him in 2nd most goals. Striker is ually 2nd in assists behind the RMD. Really turns those 2 into all stars 

Edited by 1twoQ

8 minutes ago, 1twoQ said:

I've had the best luck with either target forward or dlf. Attack usually works better than support, when using those roles, if you want them playing the assisting pass. Support works better for building up in midfield but you'd need a 10 or really advanced midfielder to make the final pass. 

I find it the PPM "does not move into channels" really helps the DLF unless he happens to have really good crossing. 

Currently I'm using a raumdeuter at AML, AM(A) at the AMCR, IW(S) at the AMR, and a DLF(A) offset to the right, usually the striker still leads in goals but the RMD is not far behind him in 2nd most goals. Striker is ually 2nd in assists behind the RMD. Really turns those 2 into all stars 

Thanks for some great suggestions 👍

On 23/12/2023 at 10:15, ThomasHK1979 said:

TF (s) has been most successful for me, followed by DLF (a).

On 24/12/2023 at 17:29, Andrew Marines said:

Honestly depends.

I'd go with a poacher.

Why do you hate using an AF in a 433? I understand the recommendations around F9, CF, DLF, and Trq but isn't a poacher taking up space too? 

2 ore fa, CapitalismReimagined ha scritto:

Why do you hate using an AF in a 433? I understand the recommendations around F9, CF, DLF, and Trq but isn't a poacher taking up space too? 

It's because the AF is moving into the half-spaces and not coming to get the ball much. You probably already have IFs, Mez/CM-A so you already do have someone getting into the half-spaces. So no need for the AF.

The poacher will just stay in the center of the pitch and make pressure on the defensive line without interfering with the movements of the other players.

You could say even DLF and CF move into the spaces but at least they're dynamic and help the building phase, something the AF (and the poacher) won't do.

Don't get me wrong, the AF is an awesome role but, in my opinion, used in a context where he's free to do the movements he gotta Do. 442, 4312,3412, 352 are some of the modules  I love playing with it.

There's a reason why IRL teams playing in a 433 search for really complete players to play forward

Edited by Andrew Marines

3 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

It's because the AF is moving into the half-spaces and not coming to get the ball much. You probably already have IFs, Mez/CM-A so you already do have someone getting into the half-spaces. So no need for the AF.

The poacher will just stay in the center of the pitch and make pressure on the defensive line without interfering with the movements of the other players.

You could say even DLF and CF move into the spaces but at least they're dynamic and help the building phase, something the AF (and the poacher) won't do.

Don't get me wrong, the AF is an awesome role but, in my opinion, used in a context where he's free to do the movements he gotta Do. 442, 4312,3412, 352 are some of the modules  I love playing with it.

There's a reason why IRL teams playing in a 433 search for really complete players to play forward

Exactly my experience too.