Today I learned...

Don't let players contracts run out before you have a replacement. 

We got promoted as Gloucester and not a single soul wants to join my team. They either want to be a star player or are so horrible that you wonder if a career in running wouldn't be better for them. Loans are a similar story. 

Wait until after the leagues tick over on 24th June, and you should have more players wanting to join you. 

It's an area I wish they'd improve on FM - The promotions/relegations should all be completed asap when the season ends. Either that or improve the code so the game knows you're moving up/down a league and therefore be able to sign the appropriate players. 

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Wait until after the leagues tick over on 24th June, and you should have more players wanting to join you. 

It's an area I wish they'd improve on FM - The promotions/relegations should all be completed asap when the season ends. Either that or improve the code so the game knows you're moving up/down a league and therefore be able to sign the appropriate players. 

I did exactly that and not a single soul had an interest to join me. Those who did wanted to be star player and the rest really needed to find a different sport to play. 

Decided to quit and I started with York in the same league, but 'fresh.'