More specific options for gain nationality

will221996

Just got fm24 and was wondering if anyone knew how to implement the Ukrainian/Russian systems for gaining nationality used in FM. I am aware that I could in theory repurpose one of those countries but I'd rather have a quicker and more elegant solution. 

Specially, I would like players who would be eligible for the national team to take up citizenship and for those who are already capped to not do so. Failing that, is there some way to set a league's foreign player rules to set only those who are eligible for the national team to be treated as domestic players, e.g Roman Eremenko being treated as a foreign player in Russia despite being a citizen due to playing for Finland. 

6 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

I believe there is a tickbox in a nation’s database entry which allows or forbids dual nationality. Might that help?

This. I've been playing a career where I bring in asylum-seekers. For example, I'll bring in a 16-year-old Rohingya and use the editor to have him not represent Myanmar but have Scottish as a 2nd nationality so he has no work permit issues. But I use the option that he can't represent Scotland as an international player.

Edit Staff/Personal Details/Nation

I'm currently holidaying in fm24 to see how it works now with the much more sophisticated nationality system, but in fm22 lots of players were reluctant to renounce their original nationality and take up Chinese citizenship. It seems somewhat stupid as irl footballers seem to be happy to do that, e.g jordi amat giving up developed EU country Spanish citizenship and taking up indonesian citizenship, allowing him to play for that national team and johor dt as a asian/sea player