IW(at) gets isolated.

Hello guys I have been working on this tactic, its working well the unique thing is when my transition or build up phase goes through the right when my IW(at) recieves the ball always tend to get isolated and most of the time we lose possesion, he has stay wider as PI.

What do you recommend for getting him more supported? changing the DLP or the FB behind him? Or maybe a TI that helps him in build up phase? 

Capturadepantalla2023-12-26051836.png.5bd01057a090d4adb9faea29ae6ad97a.png

You have no penetration from midfield and no support behind the IW. The left side also isn’t attacking enough to create an overload.

I’d try one or more of changing the DLP to an AP, changing the IFB to an FB and/or putting the WB on attack. All three of those might be too aggressive, but any two of them should be worth a try.

11 hours ago, Vinay17 said:

Hello guys I have been working on this tactic, its working well the unique thing is when my transition or build up phase goes through the right when my IW(at) recieves the ball always tend to get isolated and most of the time we lose possesion, he has stay wider as PI.

What do you recommend for getting him more supported? changing the DLP or the FB behind him? Or maybe a TI that helps him in build up phase? 

A FB(s) or a right sided CM role w/out hold position would help.

18 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

I don't like the tactic either but let's work on your issue first.
Could you send a screenshot of the moment you're talking about?

He probably doesn't have any passing option available but it's a bit of a guess

Yes i have the same problem. After going to byline or wide with the ball suddenly he has no passing option other then cross the ball hopelessly or lose the ball causing him low rating 9 times out of 10. What roles should i use in Midfield in a 4-3-3 formation and the striker to support the IW. I want him to be the main man.

3 ore fa, Counter9 ha scritto:

Yes i have the same problem. After going to byline or wide with the ball suddenly he has no passing option other then cross the ball hopelessly or lose the ball causing him low rating 9 times out of 10. What roles should i use in Midfield in a 4-3-3 formation and the striker to support the IW. I want him to be the main man.

If you're using a mezzala or a cm-A, at least have your FB on support so he'll try to receive the pass.

He gotta have a second passing option.

I'd try with a Regista or a RPM.

If however your AM(RL) is playing really narrow and it's your wingback that is pushing on the flank, a Carillero might do the trick or, if you wanna try something a bit more strange an AP-s with stay wider

On 26/12/2023 at 04:27, Vinay17 said:

You've got loads of options and if, as you say, the the tactic is doing well on the whole, you might want to try a softer touch rather than shifting a load of working roles to boost a single player's rating.

Maybe he doesn't need the stay wider PI? He'll already be hanging pretty wide without it in that setup. Or maybe you could just add an under/overlap on his side, to encourage him to hold onto the ball and wait for support? Maybe just getting the AM(s) to move into channels and roam would get the IW a bit more support?

Personally I'd try one or two less invasive tweaks before throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

En 26/12/2023 a las 8:23, NineCloudNine dijo:

You have no penetration from midfield and no support behind the IW. The left side also isn’t attacking enough to create an overload.

I’d try one or more of changing the DLP to an AP, changing the IFB to an FB and/or putting the WB on attack. All three of those might be too aggressive, but any two of them should be worth a try.

Thank you for the answer, I´m thinking on going for a CM(s) or a FB(s), on the left I think that the best is to give my ML get further forward instruction to get an overload? in that case, would you focus play on the left? I´m trying to run a counter attack system.

En 26/12/2023 a las 11:00, Andrew Marines dijo:

I don't like the tactic either but let's work on your issue first.
Could you send a screenshot of the moment you're talking about?

He probably doesn't have any passing option available but it's a bit of a guess

I don´t have a picture at the moment, but usually he stretches play to wides areas and get isolated, besides he has the hardcoded PI to run inside with the ball. Maybe a FB(s) is the best option.

En 26/12/2023 a las 17:11, Cloud9 dijo:

A FB(s) or a right sided CM role w/out hold position would help.

Thats what I was thinking, which one would you say offers him more direct support?

hace 15 horas, vrig dijo:

You've got loads of options and if, as you say, the the tactic is doing well on the whole, you might want to try a softer touch rather than shifting a load of working roles to boost a single player's rating.

Maybe he doesn't need the stay wider PI? He'll already be hanging pretty wide without it in that setup. Or maybe you could just add an under/overlap on his side, to encourage him to hold onto the ball and wait for support? Maybe just getting the AM(s) to move into channels and roam would get the IW a bit more support?

Personally I'd try one or two less invasive tweaks before throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

The tactic is doing fine but I think that is bc I´m managing a top side, I believe that some tweaks to improve and to learn more about the tactic itself never goes wrong.

I give him "stay wider" bc what I´m looking for is a role that gives me wide and look for passes inside, but he usually stretches play to outside and gets with no passing option, maybe the tempo as well is making him to have this behavior, I would try the AM(s) PI´s that you give me, thanks in advance. 

On 27/12/2023 at 18:06, Vinay17 said:

Thank you for the answer, I´m thinking on going for a CM(s) or a FB(s), on the left I think that the best is to give my ML get further forward instruction to get an overload? in that case, would you focus play on the left? I´m trying to run a counter attack system.

I don´t have a picture at the moment, but usually he stretches play to wides areas and get isolated, besides he has the hardcoded PI to run inside with the ball. Maybe a FB(s) is the best option.

Thats what I was thinking, which one would you say offers him more direct support?

The tactic is doing fine but I think that is bc I´m managing a top side, I believe that some tweaks to improve and to learn more about the tactic itself never goes wrong.

I give him "stay wider" bc what I´m looking for is a role that gives me wide and look for passes inside, but he usually stretches play to outside and gets with no passing option, maybe the tempo as well is making him to have this behavior, I would try the AM(s) PI´s that you give me, thanks in advance. 

Why not both? If you have to choose one, a FB(s) will give a direct partner on the flank.

IRL a player like Saka benefits greatly from the partnership/support he receives from a FB(s) like player in Ben White. Arteta's early season attempts to copy Man City's IWB/IFB system severely hampered Saka's output.

Edited by Cloud9

21 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Thesea are the numbers my WM(a) had last season and I think these are not bad at all, considering that he plays in MC strata. 27 goals and 7 assists in 36 games.

PI: Stay wider

WhatsAppImage2023-11-22at11_10_25.thumb.jpeg.5801f1df198a06fe645b7e0625931f48.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2023-11-22at11_10_26.thumb.jpeg.d7f9063e8b4723022c6e10e53d76bbd9.jpeg

What personal instruction do you use on Wide Midfielder role?

23 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Thesea are the numbers my WM(a) had last season and I think these are not bad at all, considering that he plays in MC strata. 27 goals and 7 assists in 36 games.

PI: Stay wider

WhatsAppImage2023-11-22at11_10_25.thumb.jpeg.5801f1df198a06fe645b7e0625931f48.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2023-11-22at11_10_26.thumb.jpeg.d7f9063e8b4723022c6e10e53d76bbd9.jpeg

Very interesting. It’s possible for a player in the midfield strata to get those numbers in real life, just ask jude bellingham. 
Surprised to see your wm score so many goals despite having a bbm next to him. What sort of goals does your wm commonly score? I figure more of the far post tap in kind instead of the running in behind the defence between the channels type.

9 horas atrás, Counter9 disse:

What personal instruction do you use on Wide Midfielder role?

That info is there

8 horas atrás, Jyuan83 disse:

Very interesting. It’s possible for a player in the midfield strata to get those numbers in real life, just ask jude bellingham. 
Surprised to see your wm score so many goals despite having a bbm next to him. What sort of goals does your wm commonly score? I figure more of the far post tap in kind instead of the running in behind the defence between the channels type.

There's a variety in the type of goals he scores, but mostly with a pass/cross from the IW(s) and passing combinations with the BBM and DLF(a). He has very good jumping reach and heading too, which help him to score more.