Most effective database format for my save

A query that's been raised before, but I've failed to get my head around -

I have a very limited old rig and want to keep processing times reasonable. I have a plan to start a new save with a core of 46 leagues from 12 nations, 7 nations of which are top-tier European nations on view-only, others being lower league Scottish, Welsh and Irish leagues. I load up a small database re players.

The issue is I want to have many regens from about 50 very minor nations (we're talking your Vanuatus, Yemens, Zimbabwes etc) available every season.

What is the effective way of going about it? Is it:

a) load up all players from those nations

b) load up leagues from those nations (from packs made by the likes of Timo, quert2 or Tenshi)

c)  have to do both

d) something else

Thanks in advance

Spoiler

D) something else (buy a top end computer) ;)

Daveincid is the best to answer this probably don't know if he'll respond directly here but i've seen he'll respond to private messages. My understanding of how it works is the database you load at the start is what he game works to keep in balance during the save both in numbers and talent.

The best option is always to add more leagues imo even if it is view only. It keeps the game in a more natural balance in terms of how talent is distributed throughout the world. View only will keep processing times down as they're minimally active. Combining both adding players and leagues is a good option to fill in some of the gaps where SI doesn't have leagues available. i.e loading all international players in Africa so that African teams more or less keep up with loaded nations.

If you do option A only I think the biggest risk is the unbalancing of the transfer market. There will be too many players and not enough teams making it harder to sell and easier to buy. You'll also likely have more potent youth intakes than normal as the game will tend to push newgens through loaded leagues. It'll take 20 years or so to really feel the effects of this I think but it could be a save ruiner in the long run.

It all kind of depends on what you want to do. If the idea is to dethrone Celtic/Rangers with an 11th division scottish amateur team and scour the world for the best talents then you'll want a more diverse world at start. If this is to bounce around the lower levels of scotland/wales/ireland and never really work your way into European competitions and don't care much about international tournaments you probably don't need to worry about adding players or leagues.

Edited by wazzaflow10

I think the problem with this has always been that everybody has a different answer, depending on who you speak to. 

I always go with a large player pool because, like you, I love to see regens pop up in the more obscure nations, especially with the odd chance  of a really quality player coming up from somewhere like Mayotte or Tonga. So for that reason, I use a custom database option and try to load around 120-150k players. The game then (to my knowledge) tries to keep the world at around this figure by having more regens generate around the world.  I usually do this but only have about 5 or 6 nations loaded (England, France, Italy, Spain, Germany and then usually whatever nation I'm playing in)

However, I've heard some people say (and I'm watching a Bust The Net video right now where he says exactly this) that the above just bloats the game, and there's no point in having that many players when you have so few leagues, because then players aren't developing as well as the rest of the world aren't processing proper matches etc, and so he and they will always recommend maybe slightly less players, but loading more leagues to improve player development and better transfer market performance etc. 

So I suppose I'm not really helping answer the question when I say it, but it's really just a case of trial and error and doing what is right for you for each particular save

On 26/12/2023 at 15:04, phnompenhandy said:

A query that's been raised before, but I've failed to get my head around -

I have a very limited old rig and want to keep processing times reasonable. I have a plan to start a new save with a core of 46 leagues from 12 nations, 7 nations of which are top-tier European nations on view-only, others being lower league Scottish, Welsh and Irish leagues. I load up a small database re players.

The issue is I want to have many regens from about 50 very minor nations (we're talking your Vanuatus, Yemens, Zimbabwes etc) available every season.

What is the effective way of going about it? Is it:

a) load up all players from those nations

b) load up leagues from those nations (from packs made by the likes of Timo, quert2 or Tenshi)

c)  have to do both

d) something else

Thanks in advance

Add players from these nations (As it will be small in size) so that regens could be created