Exporting the database

xbenjaminx

So I am working on a project that is based in Excel, however the UID numbers are quite important to this project. 

Is there a way I can export the default database (maybe as an .xml?) that would then include all of the UID numbers and stuff for each record in the database?

I know places like Sortitoutsi and fmkitcreator have a way of referencing the UID number, so I am just wondering how it's done or whether I would have to manually create a new sheet/workbook containing all of the UIDs myself.

You're always going to have some degree of manual-ness in doing this.  There is no way of doing it from the editor, presumably as that kind of opens up one of their prize assets for free use.  The way I've done it is to bulk edit all objects in the database in a specific way, then export those changes.  So say you change the name of ALL objects to the same thing, you'll have an XML record for every single object.  You can then parse that to get the old name as well as the ID.  It's not perfect, but seems like the only way to do it.

EDIT: Should add, it's not at all quick.  It's around 200,000 objects across most object types, but I've not attempted to do it for players/non-players etc.  I suspect there's several hundred thousand of them alone.

EDIT2: 648,816 to be exact.  Hooooo boy.

Edited by forameuss