Oscar Cardozo a must have ?

Semih Sentürk

Normally my strikers can't score ( not much ) But since i bought Oscar Cardozo my problems are solved, Same tactic But when he plays my other strikers scores much easier ! And oscar self is not only good for assists also for goals from freekicks penalty's long range shots. Methinks he is the best striker Killer in fm09.

Sorry for my crab english :p i'm from the netherlands.

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oscarcardozoarsenalxi5.jpg

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=91808789ge4.jpg

btw he scored one time in 18 seconds :) Love this guy, Try him out^^

Normally my strikers can't score ( not much ) But since i bought Oscar Cardozo my problems are solved, Same tactic But when he plays my other strikers scores much easier ! And oscar self is not only good for assists also for goals from freekicks penalty's long range shots. Methinks he is the best striker Killer in fm09.

Sorry for my crab english :p i'm from the netherlands.

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oscarcardozoarsenalxi5.jpg

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=91808789ge4.jpg

btw he scored one time in 18 seconds :) Love this guy, Try him out^^

How much he cost?

I have Cardozo in Sevilla. Bought him in January, in June board says he is a dissapointment.

And really, just a few goals, playing for 6.3...

What can be the problem? His is playing with Huntelaar or Milevsky, as striker. With stiker player instructions.

i had him for Chelsea, he quickly took over as first choice from Drog and Anelka.... however, my acquisition of David Villa and Sergio Aguero prompted me to sell him on.... to Real Madrid for £17 million.... solid £11mil profit!!

Need suggestions and help to set him as lone striker in 4-2-3-1 like "queiroz asymmetric" or "movemento09" and so on. Anybody use it as target man without a partner? my assistant said that the tempo is too fast for him. I play with couterattack and fast winger so when the cross get to the box he is too much behind the def line, faraway from the goal. I'd like do not decrease the team tempo, but i want understand if the problem may be his pace or anything else. With Oliveira, a fast-one, the tactic seem to work better.

Tnx a lot and i'm really sorry for my english...

Bought him for Celtic. Not had a chance to see how good he is yet as he only lasted 20 odd minutes in a friendly before getting injured :(

Thankfully Keirrison and Vagner Love have been in excellent form so I'm not missing him that much. Will have a selection headache when he returns as I already have Evans, Walter, Abreu and Samaras on the bench.

Bought him for Celtic. Not had a chance to see how good he is yet as he only lasted 20 odd minutes in a friendly before getting injured :(

Thankfully Keirrison and Vagner Love have been in excellent form so I'm not missing him that much. Will have a selection headache when he returns as I already have Evans, Walter, Abreu and Samaras on the bench.

Funnily i bought him for Celtic also - now out for 2 months after injury in first game around 30 min mark - gutted as only JVOH scoring for me Samaras and McDonald are rotten and Guzman not yet developed

I have him on my Benfica team and like in Fm2008 he still a goal machine.

Stats

2008/09 - 41 games 27 goals 8 assists

2009/10 - 36 games 35 goals 13 assists

2010/11(till october) - 8 games 9 goals 1 assist

What a player! bought him for around 14 million worried myself to death with a price tag like that for such a less known player... how wrong i was, he kept his fm reputation alive by scoring 4 goals on his debut and then a further 5 in two games! sadly got injured for me for two months can't wait for his return!!!, a must have for all teams!!!!.

i play him as the lone striker on the top of a Xmas tree formation and he has been deadly.

strong in the air to head in crosses. strong and techincal enough to hold up the ball.

superb long shots to turn and shoot.

12 goals in 17 starts, enough said.

for a lone striker, i think he is super productive.

and he does not take penalties.

scored 1 from a thunderous free kick though. i dont select free kick takers.

hoping they will select based on the position of the freekick.

i play him as the lone striker on the top of a Xmas tree formation and he has been deadly.

strong in the air to head in crosses. strong and techincal enough to hold up the ball.

superb long shots to turn and shoot.

12 goals in 17 starts, enough said.

for a lone striker, i think he is super productive.

and he does not take penalties.

scored 1 from a thunderous free kick though. i dont select free kick takers.

hoping they will select based on the position of the freekick.

I'm Man City and bought him in first season for £13.5m and he ended up with 11 goals in 22 games (which i expected better) then he came alive in the second season with 21 goals in 37 games and now all major clubs are trying to unsettle him. Definately worth having!

I bought Cardozo for Newcastle in 1st Jan transfer window and he ended the season with 9 from 16, not bad as he was playing with Martins who should be the perfect foil for him but is awful!

Using him as the FCd, can anyone recommend a FCa to play with him? How about Keirisson or Guilherme???

Never bought Keirrisson yet but the best strike partner for Cardoza (apart from Robinho obviously) would be Alexis Sanchez who has bags of pace to compliment Cardoza's ability. Unfortunately I had to pay in excess of £35m for Sanchez in the 2nd season so he does'nt come cheap.

so did u guys play him as FCd or FCa??

I'd be interested to hear how players play him as well.

I play him as an FCa personally, with Del Piero or Pandev being 'support strikers' behind him. He has been good, without setting the world on fire. I expect him to improve though, as he has scored every other game for me, and he hasnt fully settled in yet.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought Cardozo for Newcastle in 1st Jan transfer window and he ended the season with 9 from 16, not bad as he was playing with Martins who should be the perfect foil for him but is awful!

Using him as the FCd, can anyone recommend a FCa to play with him? How about Keirisson or Guilherme???

sorry for the stupid question, could somebody explain me what's the difference between FCa and FCd? and how do you get them playing that way?

ermlinho

The FCd is the link player. He drops in the hole behind the main striker to act as

a bridge between the midfield and the attack. Without him, it is possible to leave

the two strikers completely isolated from the rest of the team. With him, there is

a staggered stage of attack. The main striker and, formation allowing, a couple of

midfielders run beyond him while he holds up the ball and looks for passing

options, giving the attack time to take shape. This is crucial in all systems, but

especially so for those employing a counter attacking strategy. Having him hang

slightly further back offers passing options to the other forwards and

midfielders, and therefore keeps the play imaginative, flowing and effective.

The FCa is his strike partner. Told to stay forward at all times, he is the primary

end‐target of the attacking play (but not necessarily the target man). He plays off

the shoulder of the last defender, tries to latch on to long balls and through balls

and moves around as much as possible to create space for himself. Being

furthest forward, he always offers an attacking pass option, especially for the

FCd. He can, if needed, lay the ball off to deeper positioned teammates, but his

primary function is attempting to finish off attacking moves.

Hope that helps, :thup:

Archived