Advice needed on player contracts - graduating from non-league

Hi all. I typically play lower-league saves. I usually start way deep in the English leagues, and to be honest, I often get bored and stop playing before I get up as high as SkyBet, let alone the Premier League. This time I have a lot of momentum, haha.

But when you're in the lower leagues, the contracts are very simple. You have non-contracts, or you have what amount to one-year part-time contracts. Sometimes you can fuss a bit with optional years and stuff, but for the most part you don't even have the option for multiple-year contracts. On top of that, players at this level have very little to no transfer value, and I make it a policy not to do anything but free transfers down there. So, none of the stuff about sell-on clauses and stuff like that to worry about. And no agents.

As I get higher up the leagues, I know the contracts will get more complex, agents will get involved, and I don't understand much about all of that stuff at all. Is anyone aware of a good post or video that talks in detail about the basics of player contracts when they start to get more fancy?

Thanks!