[FM 24] Northern Ireland: Building A Nation

DrChristopher

The Beginning

Welcome to a new building a nation save. We probably will struggle to even stay in the league, but I wanted a challenge this year. I am starting with Carrick Rangers in the Northern Irish top flight.

image.thumb.png.8de8196246eb718e114db92201aa8eec.png

We are predicted to finish right above the relegation places. Which should hopefully give me some breathing room when I inevitably struggle. 

image.thumb.png.d168e217175bbed45d7b21952efccf70.png

Having never won the top flight, I hope to become a club legend by doing so. 

image.thumb.png.65b7c463e60586885b53b3bb1b380cff.png

They already like my preferred formation. Hopefully we can adjust to playing a new save with pending transfers already on the books.

image.thumb.png.00ae67bbf9853bb5d5c8c136077959e8.png

Looks like the money is the big motivator as a coach at this level. So every deal we will have to keep that in mind. We also will have to stay up in order to keep the job. Meanwhile securing a semi-final or final appearance in the Irish Cup. Which will be very difficult.

To Be Continued...

The Beginning Part 2

Of course the supporters are clamoring to be heard too. Nothing too crazy, but a little favoring of rivalry games will help us soothe the faithful.

image.thumb.png.4f76973826e632696ea80cc9cf9978c5.png

Not a soul from our team in the media dream eleven. Also starting as a 87th ranked league in Europe. I hope that goes up over the coming years. Especially because I hope most of the sides in this league can go professional, and right now this league doesn't have that kind of money, but maybe one day.

image.thumb.png.f0572367d0d3d599b74d4dd6abd2d59c.png

Decent facilities, as well as a decent starting budget. However, from experience without European football, significant prize money, or sales a balanced budget will be hard to maintain.

image.thumb.png.2470f3723422b8f69bfa06fec7f0cc43.png

As for the squad we are at 50+ players among all three squads. (Senior, Reserve, and U18s.) 13 players are outbound. 11 are inbound. We are probably gonna be having a quiet summer. As most of the money looks spent, but I may grab an extra depth youth prospect if I find one I like. 

image.thumb.png.55a20d0ef9665519c53f95b18aaec090.png

More importantly though we will have to trim some of this depth in the youth squads. Barring some glaring hole we are most likely dropping some of these two star potential guys. Outside of Europe the average Northern Irish season is 44 games long (38 game for the league, 3 games for the FA Cup, 3 games for the regional cup.) I think that means we will have an approximately 22-30 man roster. As we will commonly be playing a second eleven in short week games so we can save the starters. As well as a few reserves around in case of injury or to gain mentorship. That can be expensive thought. Especially if we want some bigger names that come with bigger salaries.

image.thumb.png.6f814cee7b4612311363473f056daf29.png

None the less, other than Ryan Doherty, I don't think we are helping ourselves by keeping extra players like this outside the senior squad. By next season I hope to cut down membership to 40 players for all three sides.

image.thumb.png.f58eb6b7ffca82286ac0b0eb7706aa4e.png

Just in case anyone was curious what I, as manager, was running as a starting background and reputation.

image.thumb.png.ac7fe984c96dfccf2659a50981df84ad.png

Last but not least I wanted to show our best player at the club currently. Defensive midfielder and possible wingback cover Andrew Mitchell. 31 years young. Looks like he has played rotational or squad minutes at this level and league for nearly a decade. He will undoubtedly be an stalwart starter here this season, but with his only really significant starts in this league coming last season with us. I am worried he will not help us get any higher up the table.

Thanks for following along this far. I hope to update this thread reflecting each in-game month. However, I play through roughly a month and a half every week. So feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. It will most likely be implemented or analyzed here within a in-game fortnight.

Cheers and best of luck in your own saves!

July 2023

The friendlies are in progress and we are looking forward to our first game of the season against Linfield on the 8th. They had to push it back due to their European fixtures so hopefully they will be a little tired. Doubtful that will give us much of a leg up though.

image.thumb.png.277c03fa4521c68550a440f7adc6c497.png

A light first month upcoming with only 4 fixtures. I will mostly iron out the first teamers during that time. Perhaps tinkering with the base tactic we will be starting with.

image.thumb.png.27c454dce1d85ddc81b8d6107754da08.png

A 5-2-3 DM Wide to start, with a tiki-taka positive mentality. We have a few young guys training to fill in throughout the defensive midfield and wingback line. Although its costed us almost all of what is left financially to do so. 

image.thumb.png.39b7d1d5b24cb1147e86b5b0510537e1.png

Our healthy bank balance is gone already. Meaning we have got to get the full club roster paired down to 33 players. Also I may have to take more of the reigns in hiring staff. As we get down to the bare bones we will need to not resign reserve and U18 staff. 

image.thumb.png.4c55e2fed21d589847f727a4d3091641.png

Our first non-automated transfer is 17 year old full-back Zach Woolsey from Glenavon. He will be playing a lot which will hopefully give Tilney some much needed cover at left wing back.

image.thumb.png.60d2e36c9d19ffcdd73d7ba2ab89049d.png

Our next acquisition is 18 year old Johnny McCullough another raid on a free from Glenavon. Coming in as a wide midfielder who will be re-trained to fill our roaming playmaker role in defensive midfield. He will see him in the second XI and perhaps more if there are any injuries.

image.thumb.png.d882ef4f498b25bb2126b1b7e8dd4d69.png

One of the last pre-made signings by the real-life club also arrived. For a hefty $550 a week. Purkis comes in as replacement to an aging Curtis Allen. If both men can stay in good form we may need to start training a second tactic that utilizes them both.

image.thumb.png.8ad579c77324c4e6b0bef0dc535d3ccb.png

Here is how the dynamics are shaping up. The only problem upcoming is that Reece Glendinning is opting to leave at the end of the season. His brother Ross is the best locker room personality influence. I'm a little worried if Reece goes so will Ross. However, if we can convince both to stay that would be a win-win. Exciting to see young Kyle Harrison was generated as a model citizen. If we can bring him along he would be a fabulous mentor or captain in the future.

Our upcoming league fixture list includes projected 2nd place away, 7thplace home, and 4th place away respectively. We will have to try to grab 4 points from these first 3 fixtures to give ourselves a good start in the league.

Thanks for everyone following along, and best of luck in your own saves. 

Cheers!