Just the usual FM frustrations!

Ever heard the popular football idiom 'You're never  ore vulnerable than when you've scored'? 

Yes, me too. But it appears not only have Football Manager heard this, they liked it so much, they decided to hard code it into the game! 

On many, many ocassions my team dominates a game, scores, and seconds later the opposition get their FIRST highlight and they score...

image.png.83e6addb011f121f4c7bc59bb6d95f8a.png

This was the DFB Pokal semi. As you can see, my Hertha side took leads early - two minutes later RB Leipzig equalised. Now I accept that RB are favourites and for context they are top of Bundesliga by a distance with players like Simukan, Werner and Roony Barjghi. But then they had NO highlights until we scored on 74 minutes. At this point I instantly went with the 'calm down' shout but the next highlight, from the kick off, and they equalise again.

If the AI has deemed that RB are too strong and will win, fair enough. But the whole 'your most vulnerable when you've scored thing'  doesn't happen as often as the AI seems to think!

I'm not going to post tactics, instructions etc here because I have a very specific way I like to play and I'm not going to change it. I'm just venting...

Also, one of the more obvious frustrations in FM? Three words: One shot wonders! 

The next match in the Hertha save was a home game against Werder Bremen. We we're 1-0 up early one and low and behold Werder Bremen's only shot towards the end of the game ends up in the net...

Got to love FM sometimes...

I do think the game can be weighted a bit too much towards counter-attacks. 

Sometimes, though, particularly if you have quite a young team, your players will concede when you're on top just because your defense aren't concentrating enough (because they haven't had much to do).