Mentoring re-work

giglet13

I know the mentoring system was updated to reflect more how clubs work irl through groups. But I think they're currently quite vague and unpredictable. The following features would be helpful to evolve them...

- Discuss aims of mentoring group with senior player / significant influence member of the group eg. 'I'm looking for you to pass on your professional approach' 
- Create secondary option for 1-1 Coach or Player mentoring - this could impact their overall training workloads like a new trait or skill and exclude them from mentoring groups but see example of recent James Milner interview where, as a senior player, he was trying to specifically mentor and influence a high talent young player at Liverpool. 

- Allow your captain to suggest mentoring groups as part of their role understanding the squad and it's development and being their voice into you the manager. 

Linked to broader feature of introducing Sports /Performance psychologist to manage this area or player mental development and mentoring elements. (Example Yvie Ryan at Liverpool Fc - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/staff/yvie-ryan) - advising manager of what will help players develop the right mentality and skills and (as permits with 'newgens' given real world player challenges...) talks about issues that could impact performance ahead of important games. 

I actually never understood the new mentoring system when it came in a few editions ago.

It seemed so random, I didnt have a clue how to improve results.

It seemed such a high risk because often players would go down in some hidden attributes, whilst any small increases in other attributes meant it was never worth mentoring overall in the first place.

Assistants kept recommending I change the groups around, but it seemed illogical they never explained why the changes would work better.

Edited by 2feet

1 hour ago, 2feet said:

Assistants kept recommending I change the groups around but it seemed illogical they never explained why the changes would work better.

I particularly enjoy receiving these recommendations when the assistant assigned the groups in the first place! :idiot:

Edited by NineCloudNine

• 2 months later...