[HELP] Everything is OK, but i can't use wings effectively & poor goalscoring

Hello guys, first of all, thank you very much. Thanks to the answers to the topics I opened in this forum, I finally managed to reflect the football in my mind on the field.

I'm managing Blackburn Rovers, nice team. Not perfect but O.K., Wharton brothers, Arnor Sigurdsson, Leopold Wahlstedt, Hayden Carter, Sammie Szmodics are very good. I think Arnor Sigurdsson is an elite winger for championship. But he is performing very bad and i think it's because of my tactic. I'm leader in xg statistic, 12 match - 23.60xg. But i scored 16. Pressing Forward, Advanced Forward, Inside Forward, Inverted Winger, Winger... None of them is effective for me. 

I don't say Niall Ennis is an elite striker or Andrew Moran is a natural winger but come on... Moran playing right wing: 11 match, just 2 goal. Sigurdsson is playing Inside forward, 6 match 1 goal and 6.52 rating. 

I need some advice for goalscoring & using wings effectively. I Think my tactics foundations are solid, because i'm leader in xg statistic, we're third in xg against statistic (12 match 11.55xg) and we're playing good. Maybe that's the capacity of my players. But i don't think that's because my players capacity. Arnor sigurdsson is a very very good player, just look at that stats: 

ArnrSigursson_Attributes.thumb.png.7a68c7cc36f081fdef7405ed73d04087.png

Moran isn't a natural winger but please just look at this boy: 

AndrewMoran_Attributes.thumb.png.e35c291b2e051e84f5bb93c47e76d288.png

I think i need to do just a simple thing for the use wings effectively but i can't find any solution. 

And that's my tactic (i shared my tactic in fmf formation too):

BlackburnRovers_Overview-3.thumb.png.4d85b46619d4b0cea8b05f0a89d06529.png

BR.fmf

It sounds weird but try focus play through middle.

The idea behind that is that you try to advance forward through the middle, which forces the opponents in the middle to press and leaves space on the wings.

And try mixed crosses instead of low crosses.

15 dakika önce, Maddux said:

It sounds weird but try focus play through middle.

The idea behind that is that you try to advance forward through the middle, which forces the opponents in the middle to press and leaves space on the wings.

And try mixed crosses instead of low crosses.

Let's give a shot! Thanks. 

There isn’t anything obviously wrong with the tactic. It demands a lot of your CWB and W to create penetration and chances. The midfield is solid but I’d personally use an AP rather than DP.

That’s just tweaks though. If your xG is good but goals are scarce, then most likely your players just aren’t good enough. It’s a crude measure, but the game thinks you only have two players above 3* quality and your CWB, W and AF are not among them.

I think i need to spent time wiht some tactic saves. I don't know, it's simple and effective for me. short passes, high tempo, nothing fancy & confusing things, high xg but no score... 

3 saat önce, NineCloudNine said:

There isn’t anything obviously wrong with the tactic. It demands a lot of your CWB and W to create penetration and chances. The midfield is solid but I’d personally use an AP rather than DP.

That’s just tweaks though. If your xG is good but goals are scarce, then most likely your players just aren’t good enough. It’s a crude measure, but the game thinks you only have two players above 3* quality and your CWB, W and AF are not among them.

I'm using dlp because i need to cover left side on the pitch but let's give a shot for ap. 

My first rule of FM team-building is to get the absolute best striker and the best goalkeeper I can. Seems to make more of a difference than any amount of tactical tweaking :brock:!

Edited by NineCloudNine

Personally I've never been a massive fan of an AF as a lone striker in a 4-3-3 wide, he tends to get isolated and you do not have sufficient support from central midfield getting close to him and neither of your flank roles will provide that support either.

Even though I am not a fan there are plenty of combinations that you can use if you are wedded to the AF that will get closer and provide more opportunities for him, but it does depend on the players you have available to you and the type of football you want to play.

For example you could play an AP-s on the left flank, swap the LCM to a CAR or CM-s and the RCM to a CM-a.  This would overload the right flank with scorers, get more players closer to the AF from both central and wide positions (including an additional player aggressively attacking the box).  Essentially the plan would be to create on the left flank and left channel for the striker and the players on the right flank and right channel to score.  Your attacking LB,  LCM and wide AP being your primary creators with the CM-a and winger likely chipping in with some assists too.  Your AF would be your primary goal scorer, with the CM-a and winger also getting good numbers.  Your DM and  right back will provide good defensive cover and ball recycling options.

If your striker suits it you could change his role to a more scorer/creator hybrid such as a DLF-a or CF-s/a, that that wouldn't change your lack of support from central midfield so even then you would need to switch up some other roles.  The 4-3-3 wide is a relatively bottom heavy formation so you can afford to be a bit more adventurous with roles and duties in the midfield, but the combo needs to work well with the flanks.

Hope this helps