Lower League Takeovers

Hey guys, girls and all identities in between, I have a question regarding takeovers in lower league clubs.

So I recently started a save with a custom database that goes down to the 10th tier of the English leagues so that I could play as Hereford Lads Club (wanted a different save from my usual Man United starting save and decided to play as a team I played for when in the youth teams(11-12))

Anyways after 2 great seasons I’ve got back to back promotions and now currently sit in the league below the National Leagues N/S but the club is running at £200k in debt with the debt only going to get bigger.

Now I’ve had a brief message about a possible takeover but nothing happened and I was just wondering (from people who have more experience of lower league management) is there a higher chance of takeovers when playing at lower leagues and getting quick promotions due to the club progressing faster than they make money to keep themselves afloat?

A takeover is sth that happens occasionally in he lower areas. I imagine it due to the club 'losing' money and the current owners not seeing it economically viable to maintain said club. 

Regarding promotions, I don't know how special databases work on that regard, but it isn't that difficult to stay afloat on Vanarama levels: don't overspend on salaries, FA Cup and the rest falls your way. 

I habitually use very lower league databases. Takeovers are common but in the vast majority of cases no investment happens so you're back to square one.

As in real life, the vast majority of clubs at this level run at a loss and pray for that unicorn of an FA Cup run to fill the coffers. Failing that patience and perseverance is the name of the game.

Cheers for the help people.

Ive had 2 talks of takeovers and both have been supporters groups (both have failed) so support from there isn’t coming either way.

Cup runs definitely seem the way to go but I think I’m probably looking at having at least 2 seasons before getting to the Vanarama N/S, 1 to consolidate in this league and 1 to get promotion (if I’m lucky)

9 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

Cheers for the help people.

Ive had 2 talks of takeovers and both have been supporters groups (both have failed) so support from there isn’t coming either way.

Cup runs definitely seem the way to go but I think I’m probably looking at having at least 2 seasons before getting to the Vanarama N/S, 1 to consolidate in this league and 1 to get promotion (if I’m lucky)

A common pattern I see with LLaMas is getting promoted, taking 2 seasons to consolidate, then pushing for promotion in the third season.