Play as existing manager

jdmk88

I've never like starting my saves with a high profile team because you're always seen as "inexperienced" by the media and players, plus the manager you take over from appears to be sacked for no apparent reason. Overall, it always feels unrealistic to me and takes away from the immersion. 

To fix this, it would be great to take over as a current manager, instead of creating a new profile. For example, playing as Eric Ten Hag at man utd and trying to turn his fortunes around. 

14 hours ago, jdmk88 said:

I've never like starting my saves with a high profile team because you're always seen as "inexperienced" by the media and players, plus the manager you take over from appears to be sacked for no apparent reason. Overall, it always feels unrealistic to me and takes away from the immersion. 

To fix this, it would be great to take over as a current manager, instead of creating a new profile. For example, playing as Eric Ten Hag at man utd and trying to turn his fortunes around. 

Posted this before, and they said the main issue was licensing/legal-related. I figure it may have something to do with the 'additional comments' feature in interviews, as well as general interaction with media/players? 

I feel like that could be stripped down to accommodate for this feature, since interviews and media interaction is usually unimportant to most players' saves anyway.

16 hours ago, boey said:

Posted this before, and they said the main issue was licensing/legal-related. I figure it may have something to do with the 'additional comments' feature in interviews, as well as general interaction with media/players? 

I feel like that could be stripped down to accommodate for this feature, since interviews and media interaction is usually unimportant to most players' saves anyway.

Agree, if that's the issue, just get rid of the "additional comments" feature. It's completely pointless anyway. 

You can play as a real manager in fifa so not sure what other reasoning there could be.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Thank you for the suggestion, we'll put this under consideration, but as mentioned previously we would have to consider the licensing/legal-related issues that would arise.