Youth league invitation

At the start of a new season, why the f*** would I be asked if I want to keep a team in the youth league? Of course I want! Why wouldn't I? What is the alternative, to have a U-19 without fixtures? 

This stupid question, and the fact that it always comes together with a bunch of friendly invitations, has forced me to reload my saves several times, since I unwillingly hit 'no'. 

Please (i) remove this stupid question, or (ii) change how the player interacts with it and explain its purpose to me. 

Generally if your a big team, the board will insist on having youth teams. but if your playing as a non-league club for example who don't have any youth academy to speak of, you can choose not to. I think you save some money on matchday costs as well.

hace 1 minuto, Rick87 dijo:

Generally if your a big team, the board will insist on having youth teams. but if your playing as a non-league club for example who don't have any youth academy to speak of, you can choose not to. I think you save some money on matchday costs as well.

Then, in big teams whose board demands a strong youth system, maybe the board can take the decision for the player. Or, at least, change the sentence to avoid misclicking.

I don't know how many times I had to reload from a week-old save because of this. And a whole week can be a lot of game time in pre-season. Am I the only one?

I always decline the invitation. A number of my Under 18s are often to be found in the first team squad, and I park over-age players in the Under 18s squad for periods. When we're in a league, the matches come on inconvenient days, the overage players can't play, and the young remnants get a thrashing that destroys their morale. I much prefer to arrange friendlies at convenient times against sides they can beat.

2 hours ago, voodoo_852008 said:

At the start of a new season, why the f*** would I be asked if I want to keep a team in the youth league? Of course I want! Why wouldn't I? What is the alternative, to have a U-19 without fixtures? 

This stupid question, and the fact that it always comes together with a bunch of friendly invitations, has forced me to reload my saves several times, since I unwillingly hit 'no'. 

Please (i) remove this stupid question, or (ii) change how the player interacts with it and explain its purpose to me. 

Wow, if you get this angry with something that just needs a click on yes or no, I'd love to hear your comments on the more controversial stuff :lol:

23 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I always decline the invitation. A number of my Under 18s are often to be found in the first team squad, and I park over-age players in the Under 18s squad for periods. When we're in a league, the matches come on inconvenient days, the overage players can't play, and the young remnants get a thrashing that destroys their morale. I much prefer to arrange friendlies at convenient times against sides they can beat.

I also find it useful to have a youth team that only plays friendlies then I can use the matches to ensure that all my first team players retain their match sharpness.