problem with players selected for a regional competition

Ilici Man

I am making a competition that is supposed to select players from specific regions. it's an all star game but i'm not sure if that matters. 

for it i need to select from which teams should the players be selected. i've tried two options so far: "get best local region teams" and "get best teams from division" where i selected an appropriate "has regional division" option. 

in both cases most players are selected correctly but there are some outliers that end up playing in the wrong team.

has anyone encountered this or have any idea of what other option i might try?

As I said before in your other post is that the All Star section is broken . You can't fix it . I'm surprised its still even in the editor and doubt it will be for FM25 as in reality not many countries even do it anymore . 

I've even gone to the extent of looking in the Comp Editor and it doesn't work . 

SI are not interested in fixing it after years if myself logging it as a bug . 

Politely I would move on as I did :)

9 minutes ago, alian62 said:

As I said before in your other post is that the All Star section is broken . You can't fix it . I'm surprised its still even in the editor and doubt it will be for FM25 as in reality not many countries even do it anymore . 

I've even gone to the extent of looking in the Comp Editor and it doesn't work . 

SI are not interested in fixing it after years if myself logging it as a bug . 

Politely I would move on as I did :)

check the other topic oJMPx found the solution for the ai generated players and i've been able to replicate it. if you want all star games that look at all the teams from a competition to select players, it should work fine. i've set up a national vs foreigners game, oJMPx has set up several all star vs foreign team games and i'm sure the are other situations that can be created. 

the problem i'm running into, and honestly it's not only here that i've bashed my head against it, is how the game selects teams based on region. i chewed my fingernails off when i tried to make lower league regional cups until someone mentioned that the game selects participants based on their stadiums for some reason. now, i've encountered an issue with regional all star games. in the us it's simple since they have regional top divisions already set up, but if you have one series and try to make it select teams based on their local region or regional division, it does not work properly. AGAIN, it selects real players, it's just that it doesn't correctly follow the regional rules as i set them. so you would end up with 90% players from one region and 10% from another...

7 hours ago, Ilici Man said:

check the other topic oJMPx found the solution for the ai generated players and i've been able to replicate it. if you want all star games that look at all the teams from a competition to select players, it should work fine. i've set up a national vs foreigners game, oJMPx has set up several all star vs foreign team games and i'm sure the are other situations that can be created. 

the problem i'm running into, and honestly it's not only here that i've bashed my head against it, is how the game selects teams based on region. i chewed my fingernails off when i tried to make lower league regional cups until someone mentioned that the game selects participants based on their stadiums for some reason. now, i've encountered an issue with regional all star games. in the us it's simple since they have regional top divisions already set up, but if you have one series and try to make it select teams based on their local region or regional division, it does not work properly. AGAIN, it selects real players, it's just that it doesn't correctly follow the regional rules as i set them. so you would end up with 90% players from one region and 10% from another...

I found that solution years ago . But trying to replicate an East vs West in tge same country like the USA doesn't work 

7 minutes ago, alian62 said:

I found that solution years ago . But trying to replicate an East vs West in tge same country like the USA doesn't work 

shame. have you run into a way to have the all star team select players from every team except the last year's champions? that's another thing i've hit my head against

54 minutes ago, Ilici Man said:

shame. have you run into a way to have the all star team select players from every team except the last year's champions? that's another thing i've hit my head against

Never got that far. Maybe log it as a bug in the bug forum , pre-editor section . I've been logging it since 2017 but gave up . 

7 hours ago, alian62 said:

Never got that far. Maybe log it as a bug in the bug forum , pre-editor section . I've been logging it since 2017 but gave up . 

i've raised bugs related to the in game editor. i think they get ignored unless they affect the game itself

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

What if you give those teams a secondary division and use that? Is there any way to use "ignore teams" in the list of teams and set to get last winner of the comp?

i tried it but didn't manage to get it working like that.