Help with tactic

Nothing silly in it roles and duties wise, worth testing to see if it works at least.  Two things I'd look out for though are is the AP-a close enough to the RMD to feed him the ball, the winger and wing back should create some chances for him from crosses/cutbacks but good supply from central midfield could be a problem.  If it is you could try making the AP-a CM-a instead and changing the CAR to an AP-s (probably would need to drop the wing back to support as well).  It might not be an issue, but worth keeping an eye on.  As a side note, I'd also give the wing back a stay wider and run wide with ball instruction to ensure he gives the width you need and doesn't get in the RMD's way.

On the instructions, I would be cautious about using trap inside as a default instruction, for me its more situational depending on the opposition formation, yes you have 3 players in the middle, but only 1 DM and if the opposition formation and team is strong in the middle as well you could end up in trouble.  I use trap inside when facing a 4-4-2 for example, but I would use trap outside when facing a 4-4-2 narrow diamond.  Though I am sure some of the more  knowledgeable tactics people can tell you if this is right.

I actually think you've got the overlap on the wrong side. In my experience a Raumdeuter works better when the wide play is a little focused down the other side, allowing him to lose his marker in the box/at the back post. I would use an attacking FB/WB on the left and the IFB behind the RMD. This shouldn't be your only route to goal but is more logical than having the overlap on his side forcing him to make runs later when the box is more congested, especially as you're using WBIB.

2 saat önce, felley said:

I actually think you've got the overlap on the wrong side. In my experience a Raumdeuter works better when the wide play is a little focused down the other side, allowing him to lose his marker in the box/at the back post. I would use an attacking FB/WB on the left and the IFB behind the RMD. This shouldn't be your only route to goal but is more logical than having the overlap on his side forcing him to make runs later when the box is more congested, especially as you're using WBIB.

Makes sense to me. And you could overlap naturally with WB(a) role on left. According to Rashidi’s Book of the Roles’ book, I would be careful to use overlap instruction with the same sided AP. Because it could effect AP’s movement. 

20 hours ago, felley said:

As you told me now, and after thinking about it, I came to the same conclusion. Although I would prefer to maybe start with an IWB role on the left, especially since I have players in the squad who can play it (I play with Wolfsburg, Maehle is perfect for that position and role), although I would now have problems with a right back with an IFB, I don't have that one in the team, wait until the beginning of the transfer window.

The reason why I would go with the IWB roll on the left side, is that I want my sash to be wide on that side as well, so inserting the IWB in the middle could add more option.

On 11/01/2024 at 13:06, WhyMe said:

Nothing silly in it roles and duties wise, worth testing to see if it works at least.  Two things I'd look out for though are is the AP-a close enough to the RMD to feed him the ball, the winger and wing back should create some chances for him from crosses/cutbacks but good supply from central midfield could be a problem.  If it is you could try making the AP-a CM-a instead and changing the CAR to an AP-s (probably would need to drop the wing back to support as well).  It might not be an issue, but worth keeping an eye on.  As a side note, I'd also give the wing back a stay wider and run wide with ball instruction to ensure he gives the width you need and doesn't get in the RMD's way.

On the instructions, I would be cautious about using trap inside as a default instruction, for me its more situational depending on the opposition formation, yes you have 3 players in the middle, but only 1 DM and if the opposition formation and team is strong in the middle as well you could end up in trouble.  I use trap inside when facing a 4-4-2 for example, but I would use trap outside when facing a 4-4-2 narrow diamond.  Though I am sure some of the more  knowledgeable tactics people can tell you if this is right.

And I'm going with that on my WB always being wide, that's how it's set up in PI. And I'll try this new idea where the left side is on the IWB and the right side is on the IFB. And then I could use Carrillera as a CM on support, for example, so he would also give some creative ball for RMD.

I tried with the placed AP closer to the RMD, but I noticed that the very AP enters the space that the RMD should enter, even with support duty.