FM24 Create A Nation

Hello all, first post here.

I'm trying to create a nation on FM24, in this case - of my fictional nation, Briswall, that incorporates the South-West region of England into a nation, along with some surrounding bits, like the Totton & Hythe side (the western side) of the Southampton Water, and of course Isle of Wight. I've managed to obtain the "Custom Nation in Europe (IRL).fmf" file from a previous older post, but a few days ago (think 2 days ago), I had finished leagues and all that, but the rules were greyed out, because this file was published, so I considered doing one file with the leagues & cups, and the other file using the Custom Nation aforementioned above, but it felt too complex. So I came here, and after looking through everything relating to it, it feels a bit complex as well.

Last night, I dug into the files with resource archiver, and I activated the option that lets you change the continents of a nation, but I didn't feel like going through the advanced rules stuff, replacing Kazakhstan with my fictional nation, but also I wasn't sure what to do with the English leagues, as I took the South-West and some of South-East's clubs from the English leagues (144 total), and now I don't know what to do next, like replace them with different clubs.

So does anyone mind helping me out by sending the things that I need to do, like step by step, in this thread whenever possible, so I can be able to realize my dreams of creating an FM24 nation? Thanks very much - Briswall.

40 minutes ago, Ilici Man said:

instead of kazahstan, you can also use extinct nations

i know, but i've always been trying to use Pre-Ireland (1922), but I've actually gone into the files, and made it so I can change nation's continent, but I can't risk killing the European side of International Football.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you trying to do this by yourself? If not, do you have a discord server where you're keeping things organized with your group? Are you going to use existing teams or brand-new teams? What about players? How do you plan to restructure the English pyramid after the loss of so many clubs? How much experience do you have with the pre-game editor? If you use existing teams as are, how do you plan to compensate for the loss of premier division money for big clubs/the sudden influx of money for smaller clubs as you consolidate them into their league? If you're making new teams, are you able to create decent badges for each team?

If you can answer all of these, I can answer a few questions if you have any. However, keep in mind, that any project using the FM pre-game editor (that is not just some menial edits) is a tedious task that WILL require many hours of work to make even remotely good. No one will hold your hand through a step-by-step process, but if you put in enough effort, trial, and error it is definitely possible. For reference, a few of the other create-a-nation type databases you'll find on these forums probably took 100s if not 1000s of hours over several months (depending on the detail of the database).

On 24/01/2024 at 23:08, CodeNick said:

Are you trying to do this by yourself? If not, do you have a discord server where you're keeping things organized with your group? Are you going to use existing teams or brand-new teams? What about players? How do you plan to restructure the English pyramid after the loss of so many clubs? How much experience do you have with the pre-game editor? If you use existing teams as are, how do you plan to compensate for the loss of premier division money for big clubs/the sudden influx of money for smaller clubs as you consolidate them into their league? If you're making new teams, are you able to create decent badges for each team?

If you can answer all of these, I can answer a few questions if you have any. However, keep in mind, that any project using the FM pre-game editor (that is not just some menial edits) is a tedious task that WILL require many hours of work to make even remotely good. No one will hold your hand through a step-by-step process, but if you put in enough effort, trial, and error it is definitely possible. For reference, a few of the other create-a-nation type databases you'll find on these forums probably took 100s if not 1000s of hours over several months (depending on the detail of the database).

It's not a group though, it's a single project which I'm determined on, but I keep failing, even importing an similar existing database from FM21 never works. It'll be a mix of existing and brand-new teams, because I do have a league system planned, but I'd say it's not my first time trying to make a new nation in the Editor (I think FM22, FM23), but I don't know as for the loss of PL/Ch'ship money (Bristol City, Bournemouth & Plymouth Argyle). I can say I've had experience making badges, but not for FM projects, although I used to request club/national team logos from Rocheyb on FMBase.

Is it possible if you can guide me via DM's, or? I'm thinking to bring extinct clubs back, and make some fictional clubs to fill in the spaces left behind by clubs moving to my database. 

On 25/01/2024 at 00:08, CodeNick said:

:kriss:

Almost 4000 hours on the Iron Curtain and the Historical Divergence. Probably about 3500 for the Iron Curtain and Historical Divergence will easily 10000 hours.

15 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

:kriss:

Almost 4000 hours on the Iron Curtain and the Historical Divergence. Probably about 3500 for the Iron Curtain and Historical Divergence will easily 10000 hours.

Can see, but I've tried to create several nations, and failed, I mean the thing I imported from FM23 doesn't even work, can't add nation rules.

I started creating a Nation myself for the first time, complete novice at it to be honest. I personally found it a lot easier to have the FM23 editor open with England as my mirror for something to go off. My nation was Yorkshire, so I was taking a lot of clubs out of England. What I decided to do with that was work my way from the Premier League down to the Conference North/South, relegating the teams I intended to move to Yorkshire and promoting from the league below with the club that had the highest reputation. Once I got to the Conference North/South I promoted clubs from the leagues that aren't playable.

Something else which I had to do was filter out towns and cities that were from Yorkshire and actually change their Nation to Yorkshire.

That was all the easier stuff though, just time consuming. I've managed to create a league system which works, but I feel the cup competitions are much more difficult to sus out.

One day I will finish the project, but as people in here have said, it takes time!

2 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

I started creating a Nation myself for the first time, complete novice at it to be honest. I personally found it a lot easier to have the FM23 editor open with England as my mirror for something to go off. My nation was Yorkshire, so I was taking a lot of clubs out of England. What I decided to do with that was work my way from the Premier League down to the Conference North/South, relegating the teams I intended to move to Yorkshire and promoting from the league below with the club that had the highest reputation. Once I got to the Conference North/South I promoted clubs from the leagues that aren't playable.

Something else which I had to do was filter out towns and cities that were from Yorkshire and actually change their Nation to Yorkshire.

That was all the easier stuff though, just time consuming. I've managed to create a league system which works, but I feel the cup competitions are much more difficult to sus out.

One day I will finish the project, but as people in here have said, it takes time!

Cool, but I'd like to ask one question, what nation did you use in the editor, an existing, or extinct nation?

On 31/01/2024 at 20:53, Briswall_Gaming said:

Do you mind sending the files from FM22 here?

No, because these files are currently unreleased for my project and are not yet finished.

4 hours ago, Briswall_Gaming said:

Cool, but I'd like to ask one question, what nation did you use in the editor, an existing, or extinct nation?

Extinct, I used the Ireland 1922 one, although unless I'm missing something, forgive me if I am, but it doesn't make a difference?

57 minutes ago, MichaelNevo said:

Extinct, I used the Ireland 1922 one, although unless I'm missing something, forgive me if I am, but it doesn't make a difference?

There's like a hassle with having to sort UEFA qualifying or something.

1 hour ago, Briswall_Gaming said:

There's like a hassle with having to sort UEFA qualifying or something.

I just made sure it had enough points to enter the European competitions, worked perfectly for me.