Too Many Wonderkids

So I am curious as to other players' experiences with the game after 5/6 seasons because my save has become swamped with 17 to 20 year old wonderkids. They are everywhere with insane stats. Mostly Spanish with a few other countries sprinkled in but it is immersion breaking due to the sheer quantity of them.

To give an example, my DoF signed me a 19yr old Chilean player with 5 star potential for 1.4million. The minute he signed, his value went to just under £40mill and 18 months later, his value is £100million+. 

This would be fine but in the 2028 season, the game is flooded with this type of player. Currently, the highest potential player in the world is a lad called Eduardo in Blackburn's championship team. It all just feels a little broken.

Is anyone else finding this and if so, is there something we can do to make this wonderkid generation a lot more realistic?

Half of these "wonderkids" will never be good enough to play in the Premier League.

It's a media description within the game; it tells you nothing about the player except that his reputation is above a certain threshold. 

Much like real life wonderkids, in fact. 

I’ve noticed it, but there is usually a huge gap between their CA and their PA (like a CA of 79 and a PA of 175), so it’s a long shot that they’ll ever reach their potential. And many of them have personalities that aren’t conducive to rapid development.

On 13/01/2024 at 07:35, Sparmane said:

So I am curious as to other players' experiences with the game after 5/6 seasons because my save has become swamped with 17 to 20 year old wonderkids. They are everywhere with insane stats. Mostly Spanish with a few other countries sprinkled in but it is immersion breaking due to the sheer quantity of them.

To give an example, my DoF signed me a 19yr old Chilean player with 5 star potential for 1.4million. The minute he signed, his value went to just under £40mill and 18 months later, his value is £100million+. 

This would be fine but in the 2028 season, the game is flooded with this type of player. Currently, the highest potential player in the world is a lad called Eduardo in Blackburn's championship team. It all just feels a little broken.

Is anyone else finding this and if so, is there something we can do to make this wonderkid generation a lot more realistic?

Are you running a small number of leagues with lots of players loaded?

On 14/01/2024 at 03:20, turnip said:

Half of these "wonderkids" will never be good enough to play in the Premier League.

Fabio Silva at Wolves is a case in point. Was banging goals in for fun on my Anderlecht save a few years back when he was still at Porto. In real life it hasn't worked out as well.