Offsides and the Advantage Rule

I realise this might be quite hard to implement due to the nature of the issue, and quite probably has been brought up before as I can't be the only one who notices this.

Many a time I have found that an opposition player has been caught offside but it's cleared by my team and I can catch the opposition on the break (counter attack is a large part of my playing style and quite probably a lot of other players), however it is always called back for the offside, and a free kick awarded, regardless of the state of play at that moment. I totally get this would be quite hard to judge for the ME as it is a matter of opinion when you have an advantage but sometimes it is really clear cut especially if it happens from an opposition set piece and they have only one, or two, defenders back, and you have two, or more, players streaming out to support the counter ahead of your opposition. This can be particularly irksome when you're behind in a game and a possible advantage is lost due to it being called back which obviously let's your opposition regroup.

This can also happen with fouls, but I see this a lot less than the above, where you still have possession, but are in a good attacking position. That would be really hard to judge for the ME, no doubt, but nonetheless, is a feature of the real world.

It seems to me the officials never play the advantage and any infraction results in a FK. I have only played in the Vanarama South, National, and Sky Bet League 2, thus far so is it due to the offiicals not being so good in those lower leagues and I will see the advantage rule being applied in higher leagues?

Edited by Slink Shady
Make the title more descriptive

• Slink Shady changed the title to Offsides and the Advantage Rule