Second team in no competitions

I am managing Farul Constanta in the Romanian Superliga. My second team, Farul Constanta II is not playing in any competitions, the only way they play any matches is if I arrange friendlies for them (for some reason, their head coach isn't doing that even if I assigned him that responsibility). I checked the situation in real life and it seems the second team was disbanded; also a lot of second teams for Romanian top flight clubs no longer play in the third division like they did last season. 

Is there any way I can register my second team for some kind of official competition? It seems like I can't really use my second team for young player development, just to get match sharpness for some players.

I had a similar issue when managing Eastleigh in the Vanarama.  We did not meet the standard for facilities  to be allowed into the U21's league, and although I did have an U21's manager, I still had to arrange  friendlies for them every season.  Its pretty easy to do, just a bit of a nuisance really.  

I didn't have to worry about the U18's though, they were automatically in a league, and all run by our U18's manager.

On 14/01/2024 at 20:39, MasterF said:

I am managing Farul Constanta in the Romanian Superliga. My second team, Farul Constanta II is not playing in any competitions, the only way they play any matches is if I arrange friendlies for them (for some reason, their head coach isn't doing that even if I assigned him that responsibility). I checked the situation in real life and it seems the second team was disbanded; also a lot of second teams for Romanian top flight clubs no longer play in the third division like they did last season. 

Is there any way I can register my second team for some kind of official competition? It seems like I can't really use my second team for young player development, just to get match sharpness for some players.

I don't think you can. If you have an under 18s team you can be invited to join a league (if there's one for them to join), but I think it's just a case of some 2nd teams are, and some aren't with regards to being in a league. 

• 5 weeks later...

judging from the Bugs forum, this was a problem last year that was never fixed, and apparently won't be fixed this year, either, so I guess I'm just going to have to manually schedule constant friendlies for the U21s. 

2 hours ago, podunkboy said:

judging from the Bugs forum, this was a problem last year that was never fixed, and apparently won't be fixed this year, either, so I guess I'm just going to have to manually schedule constant friendlies for the U21s. 

Friendlies don't develop players