From 4-4-2 to 3-1-6 (and beyond) ?

Hi guys, I've started a save test with Fiorentina but I haven't played a match yet, I'm thinking of setting up a tactic with a bit of Emery-ish inspiration from his Aston Villa.

Therefore I want to start from a 4-4-2 as a defensive shape

Screenshot_2024-01-16-10-51-33-674_com.bluelinden.coachboard.thumb.jpg.c36992e32bb31a592f056eb110e5b1a5.jpg

which transforms into an ambitious 1-3-6 in the phase of prolonged possession (only situational in Emery's Villa), to still give me a solid rest-defense especially against teams who play with 2 AMs and a lone ST such as Monza, Atalanta, Torino...

Screenshot_2024-01-16-10-53-21-436_com.bluelinden.coachboard.thumb.jpg.4d45da3be385100a249aa630d4a8146c.jpg

So I thought about setting up the team like this

Screenshot_2024-01-16-11-22-32-250_com.bluelinden.coachboard.thumb.jpg.2fb1596708159538f4e7e07d7ab648d0.jpg

Balanced mentality, the only TIs are Counterpress (with 6 advanced players it's a logical choice for me, but I want to evaluate if it leaves us too exposed to counterattacks, especially against teams that use AML/R players, I could change it with a split block by setting the pressing individually via PIs), Much higher defensive line and Step up more with Mid block (to keep the team ultra compact and try to often put opponents offside like Villa does), Concede crosses (to defend tighter).

I have a couple of questions:

-Should this role setting be able to trigger the right rotations as I imagined them?

-At the moment I think of using Bonaventura as a WMR. Even if he is right-footed, will putting Sit Narrower and Cuts inside with the ball in the PIs leave enough space for the RWB to advance? Or if I set himvas IW-s I'll obtain this movement more hardcoded (although I wouldn't want a player who dribble with the ball to the inside too much)?

-I would like to try the attacking pair like this (ideally Nico Gonzalez as SS, who also has the Runs with ball often trait, and Beltran as PFs), do you think it could work? Beltran also has the Likes to beat offside trap trait, so should he give me that mix of hard work and running into space that Watkins does at Villa?

Edited by Fox-7-

• Fox-7- changed the title to From 4-4-2 to 3-1-6 (and beyond) ?