Guide to FM

Hello guys my question is next, how trustable you find the site guidetofm.

As a guide would you read this? Thanks 

Edited by Rashidi
No direct links to external sites are allowed

We don’t allow direct links to external sites  but you can discuss content from there without links.

Generally there are plenty of sites out there with football manager content some are blogs, YouTube channels etc. How accurate some sites are depends on their efforts in checking how accurate their sources of information are.  This is the only place that has direct official responses from SI staffers.  

There are two things to keep in mind about Guide to FM.

1. As Rashidi says, SI aren't involved and GtFM don't name any sources for their information. So their entire guide and particularly their "Rate my Tactic" app are based on their own findings and algorithms for what should work in FM.
  2. The guides are extremely verbose and often confusing. They invent so much terminology that it's really hard to glean what they mean. I've tried using their tactic builder guides myself for a bit of fun and even FM veterans can easily get lost in the minutiae without really understanding what you're doing.

Personally, I use their Rate my Tactic app occasionally for a second opinion as it helps you to think about a balance of duties and will certainly highlight very unbalanced tactics. But time and time again I have plenty of success using tactics that their app deem as problematic so it shows that tactic creation is really much more subjective than the formula they have come up with.

If you're stuck with tactic creation, the timeless "Pairs and Combinations" from llama3 can much better help you build a tactic that makes sense and is much easier to understand.

Edited by felley

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 19/01/2024 at 14:06, felley said:

There are two things to keep in mind about Guide to FM.

1. As Rashidi says, SI aren't involved and GtFM don't name any sources for their information. So their entire guide and particularly their "Rate my Tactic" app are based on their own findings and algorithms for what should work in FM.
  2. The guides are extremely verbose and often confusing. They invent so much terminology that it's really hard to glean what they mean. I've tried using their tactic builder guides myself for a bit of fun and even FM veterans can easily get lost in the minutiae without really understanding what you're doing.

Personally, I use their Rate my Tactic app occasionally for a second opinion as it helps you to think about a balance of duties and will certainly highlight very unbalanced tactics. But time and time again I have plenty of success using tactics that their app deem as problematic so it shows that tactic creation is really much more subjective than the formula they have come up with.
I found the character data guide really helpful! Thanks for sharing. I was curious how this arrangement of data affects interactions in the game. What's especially interesting is how this affects the behavior of the AI characters. By the way, I came across an excellent resource with articles that help with nursing essay  This may be useful for those who want to delve deeper into the psychology of characters when developing games.
If you're stuck with tactic creation, the timeless "Pairs and Combinations" from llama3 can much better help you build a tactic that makes sense and is much easier to understand.

Thanks for the explanation

Edited by ronniebromley399