Problems with faces, but NOT newgens...

Hi all,

So, in my save, I manually set up faces for just the players on my team, not just newgens. I play in a fictional world, so no one has "real faces." I do my own configuration in the config.xml. I'm familiar with the recent patch that changed the pattern to require a "r-" in front of the ID for newgens. I don't use NewGan or any program to do this.

That worked great in my prior save, in which I was in 2050 so everyone was a newgen. However, I just started a new save in 2024, and I'm stumped. I have 20 pepole on my squad. Only one is a regen. I set up all of the player photos with r-, and only my one newgen works. I removed the "r-" for the other 19, but they still don't work. In other words, it seems to be working just fine for any newgens, but I can't get the faces to change for any NON-newgens.

So, for example this is the record for my sole newgen, and his player photo works fine:

<record from="SWE432" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-2002047977/portrait"/>

This is the record for another fictional player automatically created at the start of the game, and his player photo does NOT work, whether I leave it like this or add a "r-" in front of the ID:

<record from="ENG44" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000297457/portrait"/>

Anyone have any ideas? I've of course tried clearing my cache and reloading the skin, and I've confirmed that the relevant image files are in the correct folder.

If you are playing with fake players face packs will not work with non-newgens. I raised this a couple of editions ago. SI don’t want real players’ faces to be applied to a random name with the same UID as the real player.

2 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

If you are playing with fake players face packs will not work with non-newgens. I raised this a couple of editions ago. SI don’t want real players’ faces to be applied to a random name with the same UID as the real player.

Oh. That's annoying. (Seems like a pretty simply problem to fix from a development perspective. If the player chooses "fake players," then start the unique IDs at a range outside of where "real players" fall. Boom, no random names with same UID as a real player.)

Yeah its an annoying one, your only option really is to holiday for 20 seasons until its all newgens.

As a side note Its a good challenge too as the players will have proper variable personalities

On 19/01/2024 at 09:13, Brother Ben said:

Yeah its an annoying one, your only option really is to holiday for 20 seasons until its all newgens.

As a side note Its a good challenge too as the players will have proper variable personalities

This is actually how I typically do it, but this time I tried using the "start with all fictional players" option instead. But I have since simmed to 2050 and started over, and all is well, thank you!