cup with multiple stages shows trophy award between stages

Ilici Man

So, I have a cup with 3 stages. a knockout stage, a group stage and another knockout stage

it works fine but, after the first knockout stage, the winning teams that qualify for the group stage, are shown that trophy award cutscene at the end of the game. 

i've been looking around but i can't find why this is so. 

it's the romanian cup. it shows a different name in my editor for some reason. 

this is a more recent file. there shouldn't be any changes to that competition between the two of them, but, just in case, here it is:

Thank you for taking the time to look through it

oly19.fmf

Try adding Ranking Levels maybe? Looks like it "eliminates" all the teams after the Seventh Round, with the winner being given Ranking level 0 (ie. competition winner). With Ranking Levels setup it should recognise that the competition isn't over for them and they have separate highest/lowest Ranking Levels available still.

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Try adding Ranking Levels maybe? Looks like it "eliminates" all the teams after the Seventh Round, with the winner being given Ranking level 0 (ie. competition winner). With Ranking Levels setup it should recognise that the competition isn't over for them and they have separate highest/lowest Ranking Levels available still.

i've never used ranking levels before. what would i need to add to make it work?

1 hour ago, Ilici Man said:

i've never used ranking levels before. what would i need to add to make it work?

You need to add them to every round, and the group stage. Like this:

20240124174919_1.thumb.jpg.52d826f3b1f20798fa74491154d87a54.jpg

That's the final, so the winner gets ranking 0, loser ranking 1. No highest/lowest rankings needed since the teams are finished in the competition.

20240124174923_1.thumb.jpg.f889be6708aee9ec18b60542cdf8311d.jpg

That's the semi, winner has current ranking of 0 since it's still possible for them to win it. Highest of 0, for the same reason. And lowest of 1 since the worst they could do is finish as the runner-up. Loser has current of 2 and no highest/lowest since they're knocked out. If there were a 3rd place play-off then the loser would have current 2, highest 2, lowest 3 with the 3rd place play-off giving 2 to the winner and 3 to the loser.

20240124175055_1.thumb.jpg.81674317e72ebdf07ca75a4b648164c7.jpg

That's the group stage. The top 2 go through so get current 0, highest 0 and lowest 3. The next round is the quarter final, which gives a ranking of 3 to the loser, hence why it's the lowest here. Bottom 2 go out so have a current ranking only since it's final for them.

20240124174928_1.thumb.jpg.e43baa307d0b5e4e83d78dd982481ab8.jpg

And that's the Ranking Level Info page which tells the game how each ranking should be treated. So 0 = winner, 1 = got to the final, 2 = got to the semi etc. You also need to specify how many teams for each ranking, eg. 2 semi final losers, 4 quarter final losers etc.

Start from the final and work back, basically just adding 1 to the winner's lowest ranking and the loser's current ranking each step back.

Most history/winner issues are due to ranking levels not being setup, so could fix the issue for you here.