Request expert footballing finance opinions

I am in my 14th season with Southport. In that time I have taken the club from the Vanarama North Division to Division 1. I now find ourselves unable to cope with the quality of opposition & languish in the relegation zone after 10 games. My board & supporters have rated me as A+ for years but now they grade me as a C. My question to my FM Forum family is this:

I am currently running the clubs finances pretty bang on whereby we aren't profiting but we're not losing any money. I am spending £875k on wages and although the board will allow me to spend £1,535k on wages & have a transfer budget of £270k, this would put the club in a position where we are losing money each month. We currently have £1.7 mil in the bank. Would you go out & buy better players on bigger contracts in attempt to stave off relegation or would you keep working with what you have & keep the club economically viable?

If yoo stick to the board's budgets, then it is unlikely that you will lose your job because of the club finances.  If you get relegated, then it is likely that you will regardless of the finances.  So, stave off relegation but stay within the budget.

You either need to get promoted way way way faster then you are or spend way way way more. 

Running at a deficit doesnt  matter if you can get to the Prem with in 3 seasons. 

Prem is the goal. Not your bank balance. If you worry too much about bank then you will languish in the lower leagues. 

Focus on getting promoted asap

Edited by JimmysTheBestCop