AI isn't capable of interpret contract clauses

I have offered Diogo Spencer by Transfer Room with a unspecified price. Diogo is loaned to Basel with a buy option of 2.9M. Basel made an offer of 5.5M when they can trigger the 2.9M buy option clause

image.thumb.png.f3410c1c6c0fa33b31e94934923e7cc8.png

image.thumb.png.07721e419bf0a215a8af698a4c937ff4.png

On 21/01/2024 at 22:52, NineCloudNine said:

They are paying 5.5M to get him in January.

The optional fee only kicks in at the end of the loan so they can't bid that now.

That is correct. However, the AI should be able to recognize that they could trigger the clause for the summer, and only pay 2.9m + the peanuts they are playing in loan fee + wages and keep the player for the same amount of time. There's no reason for the AI to buy him early for a higher price in this case. 

Yeah, I don't think it factors in - or at the least, not as much as it should.

I've had similar-ish issues where say a player has a £500k domestic release clause, and several clubs have activated that clause.  As an international club, I can't trigger that clause, but in real life the club would be very happy to get say a £1m offer and potentially get more money.  Instead, they demand £10m or whatever, because they don't consider the clause as relevant to this specific transfer offer.  And then lose the player for £500k.