Ireland.... World Champions!

Hi guys,

I've been playing the game since Championship Manager 00/01 but I've never had a save with so many unlikely competition winners so early on. I'm coming into my 4th season of my FM24 save and Ireland have lifted the World Cup in 2026. They won every game on the way to lifting the trophy an amazing achievement seeing some of the teams they faced along the way. Jamacia even reached the QF stage. I've had the likes of Morrocco, Tunisa, Norway, etc winning the World Cup on previous games but much deeper into my saves. 

On a side note, Villa have won back-to-back Champions Leagues whilst finishing the season in 8th and 7th place respectively in the Premier League. 

Anyone else had a shock winner of a major tournament so early on? 

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (21).png

12 hours ago, Champ15 said:

I'm guessing Evan Ferguson had a lot to do with winning that world cup

He did, 8 goals in 8 games and named best player and best young player of the tournament. Haaland won the golden boot with 11 goals. Surprisingly Ferguson is still at Brighton. 

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (27).png

9 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

This is so sick!!

It is amazing. Especially as they are being managed by the game. I'm managing Stuttgart and just happened to notice the run they were going on; I didn't expect them to go all the way.

On 25/01/2024 at 13:37, scott MUFC said:

i had a semi final that was ireland v USA... evan ferguson is a big reason

He's a fantastic player. Seems like the goals on the way to winning the World Cup were shared around, he got 8 and Ireland scored 21 over all. 

On 23/01/2024 at 13:29, jyny said:

Hi guys,

I've been playing the game since Championship Manager 00/01 but I've never had a save with so many unlikely competition winners so early on. I'm coming into my 4th season of my FM24 save and Ireland have lifted the World Cup in 2026. They won every game on the way to lifting the trophy an amazing achievement seeing some of the teams they faced along the way. Jamacia even reached the QF stage. I've had the likes of Morrocco, Tunisa, Norway, etc winning the World Cup on previous games but much deeper into my saves. 

On a side note, Villa have won back-to-back Champions Leagues whilst finishing the season in 8th and 7th place respectively in the Premier League. 

Anyone else had a shock winner of a major tournament so early on? 

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (21).png

Can you please tell me what is the name of the skin you are using? Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Marko1989 said:

Can you please tell me what is the name of the skin you are using? Thanks in advance

Sure, it's the Stato Skin. A quick search on google and you'll find it. ;)