I think i'm going to be shouted at for asking this :-/

I realise there is a specific topic for what equipment is best for running previous & current FM versions but i've just retired and would like to treat myself to a specific build pc that would enable me to have every league available as 'playable'  - not 'view only', on the new platform arranged for FM25, where it will enable me to select the highest graphics & for it to run at the highest performance.

I would like to purchase it now as a retirement present to myself. If anybody could assist with any info on what I would need to ask for, I would be very grateful. 

15 minutes ago, starbugg said:

Thanks. That's the thread i've looked at but unfortunately I can't seem to find an answer in it it answers my specific question. Sorry to bother you & thank you for pointing out that thread.

Considering there are no info on the system requirements or any other details regarding FM25, no one would be able to give you concrete info about how powerful a rig you would need. 

Besides, how fast it would run and what you would consider "good enough" is impossible to know, since perception about wait times are individual. What I would consider a good speed might be too slow for you.

A long time ago I was given the simple advice that when buying a PC just buy the most powerful one you can afford. Bigger numbers are always better. Even if it ends up massively over-specced for what you need now, games and program demands will catch up in time.

Another great tip - though less easy to put into practice - is to buy the components and build it yourself. That's much much easier than it sounds and will also be much cheaper (or, if you are also following tip #1, will allow you to get a more powerful PC for your budget).

Edited by NineCloudNine

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Considering there are no info on the system requirements or any other details regarding FM25, no one would be able to give you concrete info about how powerful a rig you would need. 

Besides, how fast it would run and what you would consider "good enough" is impossible to know, since perception about wait times are individual. What I would consider a good speed might be too slow for you.

That's a very fair point. I suppose I would be happy with a system where I could choose the highest graphics & where at set up, I get 4 or 5 stars where it states something on the lines of "breaks in between games should be brief." 

Sorry to be a nuisance but since retiring it's a little project for myself to have the best set up for the only game i've ever been interested in. Just a little treat for myself. 

6 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

A long time ago I was given the simple advice that when buying a PC just buy the most powerful one you can afford. Bigger numbers are always better. Even if it ends up massively over-specced for what you need now, games and program demands will catch up in time.

Another great tip - though less easy to put into practice - is to buy the components and build it yourself. That's much much easier than it sounds and will also be much cheaper (or, if you are also following tip #1, will allow you to get a more powerful PC for your budget).

Thank you. I know a chap who builds the spec. I just haven't really much idea what to ask him for. I've said I want a very good spec but he's said I should get some idea from people in the know what I would require. As I say, I would like to be able to have every single league playable, on a 4 / 5 star set up (e.g. intervals between games should be brief), and be able to select the highest graphics.

To be honest, even if someone could state a spec that would be far more than enough than I would require, I would be very happy with that, as I would at least know what I was asking for.

2 hours ago, Brodie21 said:

Thank you. I know a chap who builds the spec. I just haven't really much idea what to ask him for. I've said I want a very good spec but he's said I should get some idea from people in the know what I would require. As I say, I would like to be able to have every single league playable, on a 4 / 5 star set up (e.g. intervals between games should be brief), and be able to select the highest graphics.

To be honest, even if someone could state a spec that would be far more than enough than I would require, I would be very happy with that, as I would at least know what I was asking for.

It's a bit of a mine field I think . I've seen people complaining im the bug section of the game being slow with processing and laggy in the 3D match day yet have high specifications machines . My computer is now 6 years old from purchase so more like 7 years when built and it plays 3D fine but very slow processing.  I can only play 1 league and not on full detail either.  

Enjoy your retirement 😊

4 minutes ago, alian62 said:

It's a bit of a mine field I think . I've seen people complaining im the bug section of the game being slow with processing and laggy in the 3D match day yet have high specifications machines . My computer is now 6 years old from purchase so more like 7 years when built and it plays 3D fine but very slow processing.  I can only play 1 league and not on full detail either.  

Enjoy your retirement 😊

Thank you for your knowledge on the issue & thank you very much for your kind words :)

2 minutes ago, Brodie21 said:

Thank you for your knowledge on the issue & thank you very much for your kind words :)

Would be great if you could take the game to a business and say load this game and build a machine to run it.  😊

4 ore fa, Brodie21 ha scritto:

I realise there is a specific topic for what equipment is best for running previous & current FM versions but i've just retired and would like to treat myself to a specific build pc that would enable me to have every league available as 'playable'  - not 'view only', on the new platform arranged for FM25, where it will enable me to select the highest graphics & for it to run at the highest performance.

I would like to purchase it now as a retirement present to myself. If anybody could assist with any info on what I would need to ask for, I would be very grateful. 

TBH.

For ten years I have been playing with hp pavillon notebooks that are not designed for gaming.
I tend to really pick huge custom databases, and play with 6 European leagues, 2 South American leagues, MLS and one rich league (China/Arabia).
FM gives me half a star out of 5. But the game remains smooth.
I do hate SI because they're slaughtering the gameplay in the late editions, especially over the long term, but the optimization is top notch.

I don't know this will change for FM25, but I doubt it, as you will continue to watch only one match at a time.

I suggest the best desktop pc you can afford. Best if it is an assembled one. Look especially at ram and cpu.

Oh, I almost forgot. You do deserve to be shouted

immagine.png.48b64dbff6b1aba429be0f85eac25a94.png

@Brodie21 This may help - it’s the FM24 benchmarking thread where people post results of how their PC’s run FM.  Lots of different PC specs included here which may (?) help you nd your PC building friend focus in on what components to go for:  https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579435-fm24-performance-benchmarking-thread/

Enjoy your retirement :thup:.

11 hours ago, DottorCaligari said:

TBH.

For ten years I have been playing with hp pavillon notebooks that are not designed for gaming.
I tend to really pick huge custom databases, and play with 6 European leagues, 2 South American leagues, MLS and one rich league (China/Arabia).
FM gives me half a star out of 5. But the game remains smooth.
I do hate SI because they're slaughtering the gameplay in the late editions, especially over the long term, but the optimization is top notch.

I don't know this will change for FM25, but I doubt it, as you will continue to watch only one match at a time.

I suggest the best desktop pc you can afford. Best if it is an assembled one. Look especially at ram and cpu.

Oh, I almost forgot. You do deserve to be shouted

immagine.png.48b64dbff6b1aba429be0f85eac25a94.png

Yep, chucking a bit of money at it may be the best option. And thanks for the shout :lol:

3 hours ago, herne79 said:

@Brodie21 This may help - it’s the FM24 benchmarking thread where people post results of how their PC’s run FM.  Lots of different PC specs included here which may (?) help you nd your PC building friend focus in on what components to go for:  https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579435-fm24-performance-benchmarking-thread/

Enjoy your retirement :thup:.

Thanks, i'll have a look through that now. And thank you for your kind words :) 

On 23/01/2024 at 13:46, Brodie21 said:

I am in the same boat as you (retired and wanted to upgrade to a new desktop, after 10 years with a laptop), and though I built my own rigs in the 90's, I didn't have the inclination to get bogged down these days with chasing tech reviews and benchmarks. It was easier back then when you could tell by CPU name and number witch was best (i.e, - Pentim 4 is better than pentium 3!) 

Anyway after some basic hunting and research I bought the Alienware Aurora r16 from Dell. (Some people hate Dell, I get it...)
Processor    13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700F   2.10 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable) and planning to upgrade to 32 GB

rtx 4070 ti video cards (I think 4060's are good enough, but I upgraded to 4070)

It runs everything great, but there are many ways to go for you. But that is the general ballpark you need to be in.

Good luck and enjoy! 

Edited by Neal Mac

7 hours ago, Neal Mac said:

I am in the same boat as you (retired and wanted to upgrade to a new desktop, after 10 years with a laptop), and though I built my own rigs in the 90's, I didn't have the inclination to get bogged down these days with chasing tech reviews and benchmarks. It was easier back then when you could tell by CPU name and number witch was best (i.e, - Pentim 4 is better than pentium 3!) 

Anyway after some basic hunting and research I bought the Alienware Aurora r16 from Dell. (Some people hate Dell, I get it...)
Processor    13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700F   2.10 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable) and planning to upgrade to 32 GB

rtx 4070 ti video cards (I think 4060's are good enough, but I upgraded to 4070)

It runs everything great, but there are many ways to go for you. But that is the general ballpark you need to be in.

Good luck and enjoy! 

That's great. Thanks for that update Neal. Could I please ask how many leagues you're able to run as 'playable' with that set up?

Hope you're enjoying your retirement

1 hour ago, Brodie21 said:

That's great. Thanks for that update Neal. Could I please ask how many leagues you're able to run as 'playable' with that set up?

Hope you're enjoying your retirement

I am unsure what it is capable of, but I loaded about 70% of the nations into my long-term save. Smooth as butter.

I am trying with the retirement, but some health issues are dampening things a bit.

I hope things go great for you in yours! If you ever want to do a long-term online league, we can do a geezer save! :lol:

Also just looked and it looks like the intel i9 CPU is now the top chip they offer in it (I got i7) and the Geforce vid card has 4080 and 4090 upgrades (I got the 4070 ti).

Just to give you an idea of what you can do if money is no object. (It was some for me) and I came in just under $2,000

27 minutes ago, Neal Mac said:

I am unsure what it is capable of, but I loaded about 70% of the nations into my long-term save. Smooth as butter.

I am trying with the retirement, but some health issues are dampening things a bit.

I hope things go great for you in yours! If you ever want to do a long-term online league, we can do a geezer save! :lol:

Lol sounds a plan :)

Hope your health issues improve & thank you for all the info :thup: