Lower league tactic

Hello!

I am an eager FM player and started the journey with CM2 with CM01/02 being the epitome for me. I used to only manage top teams but after managing a lower league team I simply dont like the top dogs anymore. My dream is to get to the Premier league with a team from Vanarama leagues. And there lies my problem; I simply cannot create a good tactic. I usually manage team predicted to finish between 18-24. I have read several guides about lower league tactics and even though they make sense, I dont succeed. For instance they urge to keep things simple. Like using 4-4-2 with basic roles and not too many team/player instructions.

Could you guys share your knowledge, tips and tricks about this?

54 minutes ago, yosraz said:

Hello!

I am an eager FM player and started the journey with CM2 with CM01/02 being the epitome for me. I used to only manage top teams but after managing a lower league team I simply dont like the top dogs anymore. My dream is to get to the Premier league with a team from Vanarama leagues. And there lies my problem; I simply cannot create a good tactic. I usually manage team predicted to finish between 18-24. I have read several guides about lower league tactics and even though they make sense, I dont succeed. For instance they urge to keep things simple. Like using 4-4-2 with basic roles and not too many team/player instructions.

A 4-4-2 sounds like a great place to start :thup:

I would look through the stickied threads at the top of the forum and read through a couple of those based on your preferred play style. In general, keeping the TIs simple and making small adjustments over the course of a season goes a long way. 

The data hub can be a great reference point to see where your tactic is going wrong, but a good starting point is figuring out how you intend to score goals yourself. 

focus on physical attributes more than mental, keep it simple, play to your strengths, don't take many risks

or just use push really high up, attack, use gegenpressing and the game will sort of just let you win and cruise up the leagues without giving it too much thought

Edited by ceefax the cat

On 24/01/2024 at 22:29, yosraz said:

Hello!

Have you tried the default wing play tactic? I'd probably adapt it a little to the players you have but it would seem like a logical place to start in the lower leagues if you're struggling. 

Edited by silentwars

Not a fan of the term lower league tactic. What works in the top league will work at the worst league level because the talent level is all relative. If you mean that your team has one of the lowest level of talent levels then sure you need to be more pragmatic in how you set up, but successful tactics will be successful at any level provided you have players suitable to that tactic at that level.

Edited by Dr Naysay