Team Return Event

steve.battisti

I'm sure you get a lot of complaints around conversations and some of the frustrating aspects of them. I agree with some of that, but overall I DO like the concept of having these sorts of events where you have to interact with the team or players.

That said, one event that is noticeably absent is something when a new season kicks off. For example, I'm coaching in 1st division Sweden right now. My players go away for two months, and after a promotion last season we come to the beginning of preseason, and . . . nothing. No mail saying "GUFC kicks off their first season ever in the Swedish First Division North." Nothing telling me where I'm expected to finish unless I go hunting for it. No opportunity to address the team after the offseason. 

There should be something like that! That's when we should be finalizing the code of conduct, etc. Maybe that's a good place to tell them if this is the squad we're rolling with, or if we continue to plan to make transfers. Maybe this is where you tell them your expectations for the season?

It just seems like a big nothing burger when in real life, while it's not the start of the season, for the CLUB and players it is.

• 2 months later...